Krakow - 4 days with my camera

Andrew Moore

Suspended / Banned
Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
Yes
As the title suggests, I have 4 days to take some photographs.

The weather is looking to be diabolical however I'd imagine it'll add to the drama, I just hope I don't ruin any of my none WR bit of glass!

So, besides Auschwitz and the salt mines as well as the castle, mound and church.. do we have any recommendations?

I'll be checking in as and when, I'm flying out in a few hours so this is a spur of the moment thing where cameras and photo ops are concerned.

My next trip is Iceland, golden circle etc etc. I'm sure I'll be a little more well prepared for that!

The time I visited Krakow, apart from the 'salt mines as well as the castle, mound and church' you mentioned, I like walking around the Jewish quarter as I liked the design of the houses and the door numbers in particular. There were some food stalls in the main square that were very nice for pics at night. The time I visited there were people performing with fire at night in the square too. Hope that helps in some way. Let us know how it went. :)

PS If you go to the Kościuszko Mound, keep an eye out for the street name as you walk under the bridge as you enter. It surprised me. :oops: :$ :LOL:

I'll keep an eye out :D

The weather is some what monsoon like at the moment so the photography has been limited to an IP68 rated.mobile phone. It's a shame really as I wanted to get some nice pics with the proper stuff but I don't think it's worth risking none WR glass even if the body is sealed.

Fingers crossed for a better next few days!!

I'll keep an eye out :D

The weather is some what monsoon like at the moment so the photography has been limited to an IP68 rated.mobile phone. It's a shame really as I wanted to get some nice pics with the proper stuff but I don't think it's worth risking none WR glass even if the body is sealed.

Fingers crossed for a better next few days!!
Just had a look at a live webcam, and it still looks very wet. :( :rolleyes: The main square looks quite busy for people shots though if that is your thing. You could at least take pics under the stall awnings. ;) Good luck with the weather for the rest of your trip. :)

Well... That was a wash out. Literally!

Too wet to do anything with the camera. It wasn't worth the financial risk to my gear just for the odd pic here and there. A bit of a wasted trip in that respect!

On the plus side, I now know that I must move on some of my glass for WR parts.

I think I'll keep my 23f1.4 and my 56f1.2 and will move out my 18f2, 16f1.4 and 35f1.4 in favour of the 16f2.8 WR, 23f2 WR and 35f2 WR.

This was I get to keep the glorious 56 and 23 whilst having the rest in WR form and a duplicate on the 23 for when I don't want to risk the 1.4 version of it.

I think trading those 3 off for the 3 WR mentioned is a reasonable sacrifice so long as it doesn't cost too much.

Only a few months between now and Iceland in November with the possibility of Pripyat / Kiev later summer.

On the plus side, I now know that I must move on some of my glass for WR parts.

I think I'll keep my 23f1.4 and my 56f1.2 and will move out my 18f2, 16f1.4 and 35f1.4 in favour of the 16f2.8 WR, 23f2 WR and 35f2 WR.

This was I get to keep the glorious 56 and 23 whilst having the rest in WR form ......

The 16mm f1.4 is WR !!!

Back