Lab advise for hair test

Edit My Images
Yes
So having a shower, thinking my own deep thoughts and I notice something.

We have 8 different types of shampoo :oops: :$, since when did washing your hair become Btec in science and a degree in hair type ?

So where does one go to have his/her hair tested and then get the information required to make an informed decision as which shampoo should be used ?

I remember ere the days when mum buying head and shoulders was like all my birthdays came at once and the fairy was put away.

dunno, I use dove soap havn;t used owt else in years

Just use whatever smells nice/isn't too expensive. The rest is marketing unless you have a specific condition.

I use liquid Castile Soap to wash/shower and shampoo with.

I tried it because I had problems with the skin on the back of one hand - sore, redness and skin breaking up - and thought I'd go for what might be a purer soap. It worked for my hand and I've found it good to wash my hair too (well, what I have left).

Dave

The thing with hair is, everything outward of the scalp is dead, so unless you suffer from a scalp condition (dandruff, psoriasis etc) just use what smells/ feels good.
If you want it softer, then use conditioner as this closes the hair cuticles that shampoo opens up.

To be honest this was More a tongue and cheek comment about how the world has changed

I've used umpteen different shampoos in several countries and never found that it makes a great deal of difference, plus bath soap and, in extremis, washing up liquid! It's probably worth giving it a bit more thought if you have a problem with dandruff etc.

The world has changed in all sorts of way, yes. Many of us are old enough to remember life before the interweb, email and cellphones came along. I suppose it was ever thus, the changes just come more quickly now.

As a kid, we washed our hair with soap. The same stuff as we used on our body. Typically imperial leather. No problems. When I first started using head and shoulders, I started having scalp problems that have never gone away. Siblings were similarly affected but their scalps have returned to normal long ago.

I do wonder if the stuff we use causes more issues than solutions.

I used to have issues with a dry flakey scalp, not dandruff according to the docs. I've used Head & Shoulders for years, in it's various forms, and it's the best thing I've ever put on my head (other than my Aussie cowboy hat). My Mrs has 2 different shampoos, a couple of conditioners, and other stuff... And she's still not happy with any of it...

The thing I hate most is when you find a shampoo that really suits your hair type and they either
do a "new improved" version, which doesn't suit, or they stop selling it
You then spend a fortune trying to find another one that works for you :banghead:

1. Get hair clippers
  2. Set to position 1
  3. Clip over entire head
  4. Wait for 1 week
  5. Go to item 1
Works for me :exit:

1. Get hair clippers
  2. Set to position 1
  3. Clip over entire head
  4. Wait for 1 week
  5. Go to item 1
Works for me :exit:
I don’t even use a No1. just bare clipper, No 0?. Not that there is much to do anyway. That leaves mainly skin so then it’s just whatever shower gel happens to be near to hand.

1. Get hair clippers
  2. Set to position 1
  3. Clip over entire head
  4. Wait until bed head is noticeable - usually 3-4 weeks.
  5. Go to item 1
Works for me!

I use liquid Castile Soap to wash/shower and shampoo with.

I tried it because I had problems with the skin on the back of one hand - sore, redness and skin breaking up - and thought I'd go for what might be a purer soap. It worked for my hand and I've found it good to wash my hair too (well, what I have left).

Dave

This. A lot of my skin problems went away basically next day when I dumped all synthetic commercial cheap crap. I now make my own soaps as I have far more control at the end of the day.

Back