Labrador puppy

My fav. dog as well…
great takes and renditions in the first! (y)
…except for the oversharpening and
highlights in the FG green in the 2nd.

Oh my word, he's just adorable!!
The first image is something special.

Thanks for the replies...
First photo was taken literally 5mins after setting up a cheap continuous light I bought of EBay - 2 lights £30. I haven't used my camera for a couple of years and just getting back into the swing of it.

Thanks for the replies...
First photo was taken literally 5mins after setting up a cheap continuous light I bought of EBay - 2 lights £30. I haven't used my camera for a couple of years and just getting back into the swing of it.

Well it looks like it is going quite well! These shots are just precious - I love the first one.

I prefer the second (prefer "on location") though it suspect technically the first is better. Thought I've never found a picture of a Labrador I really hate so perhaps I'm biased!

Beautiful dog and i love the first photograph.

Hi, thank you for all the kind comments.
Here's a few more from the back garden today. Any C&C welcome....

First pair are excellent. Black labs can look stunning when photographed well, and you have certainly done that.

He is lovely when he's not eating something he shouldn't !!! I need eyes in the back of my head:)

There must be a couple of seconds each day that he's not eating something he shouldn't but is awake!!!

I cannot for the life of me get our pup in focus when she is running towards me, what am I doing wrong?

I cannot for the life of me get our pup in focus when she is running towards me, what am I doing wrong?

I'm shooting with shutter speed of 1/500th or higher, normally at f2.8 and ISO to suit. These were took with a Canon 1D mkiv and a 70-200mm. I used to have a boxer dog and it was easier to get in focus than my black lab - I suppose there is less detail/contrast in the black fur.

One of my old dog Oscar... Used to get many more "keepers" when shooting him....

Here are a few more of my favourite subject at the mo......

As usual any C&C welcome.

Here are a few more of my favourite subject at the mo......

As usual any C&C welcome.
You really shouldn't have encouraged him into the water... you'll never keep him out now! And never look into the eyes, keep way from the eyes and you might have a chance of saying No to him. :)

Oh your meant C&C on the photography?

Back