Critique Lacewing Larva

Superb mate! Not seen one since I got them last year using the sigma 105! So desperate to shoot one on the MPe!!

Nice to see you posting again mate, always admire your work :)

Wonderful colours ... and well done or finding one shell less or did you take it off ???

#1 is my pick

I managed to find one larvae this year but took a rubbish shot of it but i may cheat a bit as my wifes boss imports these to control pest on his nursery rather then use pesticides. I found a green adult last night :) Great pics Tim.

Two very nice images Tim, good detail and composition.(y)

George.

Totally strange looking thing but a great shot of it non the less, what type of plant/leaf was it on?
Nice lighting Tim.

First one is my favourite excellent like the low down angle, great light and details too

Great shots Tim, I shot one of these carrying rubbish on it's back on Monday, not in the same league as these though.
Ah I love them when they are covered in crap :) And I've seen your trash-bug images. They are ace! :)

What a great looking beast. Super pictures of it too.
Thanks Nick, yeah this one had some nice colours to it.

Superb mate! Not seen one since I got them last year using the sigma 105! So desperate to shoot one on the MPe!!

Nice to see you posting again mate, always admire your work :)
Thanks mate, I'm sure you'll get one before too long - you are an expert bug hunter! (y)

Wonderful colours ... and well done or finding one shell less or did you take it off ???

#1 is my pick
Ha! No I wouldn't have stripped one naked just for a photo. I think that's illegal :jawdrop:

I managed to find one larvae this year but took a rubbish shot of it but i may cheat a bit as my wifes boss imports these to control pest on his nursery rather then use pesticides. I found a green adult last night :) Great pics Tim.
Thanks, it's not cheating if it's roaming around free ;)

Two very nice images Tim, good detail and composition.(y)

George.
Thanks George!

Very nice Tim.
Cheers Chris

Totally strange looking thing but a great shot of it non the less, what type of plant/leaf was it on?
Nice lighting Tim.
It was on the underside of a Sambuca. I'm still waiting for it to sprout shot glasses...

Lovely m8 - don't you think they look like the indigenous species of the Ceti Eel, from Star Trek II - The Wrath of Khan? :LOL:

Paul.
You are right!

twokhd0208.jpg

First one is my favourite excellent like the low down angle, great light and details too
Thanks, yeah me too, the second is more for ID purposes (although I haven't got an exact species match yet)...

Yes I remember that creepy creatures they were too :)
latest

Didn't recognise it without its clothes on lol nice set Tim.

Back