PapaLazarou

Suspended / Banned
Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
Hope you like it.

Ladybird_11.jpg

I really like that. I would like to get into macro photography when I get my camera back. What lens have you used and is that with extension tubes? Are alot of these macro shots trimmed and enlarged to make the subject bigger? Or is it just having the proper lens?

This is taken with the Sigma 150mm macro on a Canon 1DMKIIN with a burst of fill flash. This is a straight shot no croping, just how it was shot, glad you like it.

Get youself a macro lens the Sigma 150 is the one i use now. I have had a few over the years but the Sigma for me is the best of the ones i have used.

Thanks for the info. Just waiting on insurance payout so I can replace my 400d and then I'll treat myself.(y)

The Sigma 150 is a top notch lens, stay away from the Canon EFS 60mm. Its a good lens but it has a short working distance. The Sigma being 150mm gives you more working distance and still gives you 1.1 macro at around 5ft.

The Sigma 150 is a top notch lens, stay away from the Canon EFS 60mm. Its a good lens but it has a short working distance. The Sigma being 150mm gives you more working distance and still gives you 1.1 macro at around 5ft.

Im sorry, but it doesn't give you 1:1 at 5ft. More like about 10". Its a nice shot, although I feel the composition is lacking somewhat with the Ladybird being central.

I don't mind the central composition myself - seems to add to the simplicity of the shot IMO :shrug:

Everyone's different though :D

Back