North England Ladybower reservoir Derbyshire

Name
David Bayley
Edit My Images
Yes
I've just seen a thred on Facebook ( bbc news ) saying that the "Atlantis" village has been revealed at the ladybower reservoir due to the water level being so low, can anyone confirm this or is it fake news?

Last edited by a moderator:
It correct news can even see the cellar

I fancied a trip there this Sunday but I don't like the idea of getting stuck in the mud....

Be careful there have been people
Getting stuck and mountain rescue have to come out. There have been ranger about keeping eye on people and telling them where not to go. But now we had s bit of rain I think most might be soggy now

It's still worth a trip up as I'm on the edge of the peak district. I'll see how close I can get without endangering myself.....

Makes my blood boil

Reactions: RIR
I went yesterday and had seen the "I woz ere 2018" graffiti and it made me feel quite sad to see the lack of respect. There were even families taking selfies while there delinquents we're trying to smash the remains up.
It's a poor society we live in today.

Reactions: RIR
I thought it might be full of the chav element so opted against going.
(Went to Haydock Park instead, and beat the bookies!!!)

I gave a few a telling off. I spoke to a ranger i told them if they stuck just leave them but we all know they can't do that...

Why do they have to ruin it bloody vandals

We went today to see the remains however my son decided he wanted to walk the other way, so we only saw them from the road. However there were plenty of people wanting around down there.

Other way so you decided to walk up to howdon?

Other way so you decided to walk up to howdon?

We managed to find a space at Fairholmes and was planning on walking across the front of Derwent Dam and then down the far bank, stopping to explore the ruins along the way before coming back up the other side of Ladybower, however once we got to the bottom of Derwent Dam my son decided he wanted to see what was on the other side so we ended up walking up along Derwent instead. Oh well, it was a lovely walk anyway, I’d forgotten how beautiful the area was.

I grew up in Buxton and would quite often go walking around Derwent, Manifold and Goyt Valleys with family as a child, however I haven’t visited properly for about 20+ years, which is criminal really considering I live an hour away!

Last edited:
Back