Laguna de Sonso Aug 2018

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
This is a lake in Colombia which I visited in August to see birds and insects. Here are the insect and spider shots (the bird ones I have not got to yet).

First time I have seen a ant mimicing spider, two shots to show its details and the first with a real ant. Surprisingly I saw it a week later in the Amazon, a long distance from where I wsa but IIRC did not photograph it

Spider IMG_2484 by davholla2002, on Flickr

Spider IMG_2488 by davholla2002, on Flickr

A shieldbug
Shieldbug IMG_2490 by davholla2002, on Flickr

Dragonfly

Dragonfly IMG_2636 by davholla2002, on Flickr

A beetle which I have often photograph in Colombia
Beetle IMG_2471 by davholla2002, on Flickr

Two possible identifcations Lycidae or Mesopteron

A wasp

Wasp IMG_2472 by davholla2002, on Flickr

Now that Ant mimic jumping spider is ACE and a super find.

Now that Ant mimic jumping spider is ACE and a super find.
Thank you, it was complete luck, I crawled on my friends' cool box and I thought that is an unusual ant and when try to photograph it, I got it. Nice of the real ant to appear in the photo.

What a fascinating find, and with the real ant too! That is special.

I think the shield bug, beetle (and little spider) and wasp (with little prey) are rather good too.

All round good set IMO.
Thank you I am glad that you liked them. It was pure luck that the little ant was beside the spider, the funny thing was that I was just having some food when I noticed it.
Here are a few more from the same place
Slightly different beetle from the previous one

Beetle IMG_2388 by davholla2002, on Flickr

A grasshopper missing a leg - sadly no colourful grasshoppers in Laguna de Sonso

Grasshopper IMG_2392 by davholla2002, on Flickr

Butterfly IMG_2422 by davholla2002, on Flickr

Millipede IMG_2420 by davholla2002, on Flickr

There are a few more on Flickr

PS I am sure that the butterfly looks a lot better on Flickr from some reason than here.

PS I am sure that the butterfly looks a lot better on Flickr from some reason than here.
On here it is a known fact that photo's get compressed and so loose definition.

Super detail (seen over at Flickr) on the wing cases of the first new one and great clarity on the last one (and that one one-handed again presumably).
Thank you, it was all one handed - I almost never have an assistant. I did get a chemical burn from a millipede about 2 weeks after this was taken, which at current rate of progress I will post here in about 3 months! (First time ever)

Back