Critique Lake District Landscape

Yes they are the Langdale Pikes to the left. Good clear shot with the snow picking out the details and a change to the usual shot of the pikes, I like it.

I think its a nice vista that gives a great view of the pikes. The house gives a excellent perspective on the range....and I love the snow capped peaks. I think the lights a little flat but apart from that it gives a good look at the range from below... Lovely area. Looks drier than when I last saw it;)

Last edited:
crop some of that chocolate box blue down to the ribbon of cloud and watch the scene alter dramatically
excellent exposure
cheers
geof

he says no

Last edited:
I think its a nice vista that gives a great view of the pikes. The house gives a excellent perspective on the range....and I love the snow capped peaks. I think the lights a little flat but apart from that it gives a good look at the range from below... Lovely area. Looks drier than when I last saw it;)
Thanks for the crit Steve. It was a very nice dry day in February.
Would like to know why you see the light as a bit flat - perhaps because taken at 11.27? So less of a 3D effect?

Thanks Geof. Do you mean take out all of the blue above the clouds, just leaving the bit between them or should I leave just a smidge above as well?

come down a bit and experiment...your eye will say yes when you feel it!!

i personally would leave a little bit above the white cloud base...

hope that works for you
cheers
geof

Tried this
I agree that the scene looks more dramatic and the house stands out a bit more, adding to the sense of scale.
Blue of the sky has lessened tho.
I have made it slightly brighter too.

Langdales 2 DSC_2171 - Copy by Superpippo0547, on Flickr

spot on for me...you can boost the blue slider in your software to do a bit with the sky, or burn it a bit, but watch the water as well...its not bikini atoll..:D
you did well
cheers
geof

The small size from flickr is badly oversharpened, large version looks OK.
They are doing something different lately and I don't like it!

The small size from flickr is badly oversharpened, large version looks OK.
They are doing something different lately and I don't like it!
Thanks
Not sure that i even know my way around the various sizes on Flickr anymore.
One thing that i am always concerned about is oversharpening and i think that the copy on my PC is less oversharp and the various uploads may have altered it.
That is the problem when asking for critique if the viewer cannot see what I have done to the original. Thanks again.(y)

PS - some very nice drone shots

Last edited:
Back