Lake District Red Squirrels

I like them all, but the second one seems to have a perplexed expression - "I'm sure I had a nut here a minute ago. Did you take it?"

I think I prefer the 1st one but the bottom part needs to be cropped out due to being very out of focus and quite "nervous"
Thanks, I’m not sure what you mean by the bottom is quite nervous. You may need to explain that a bit more.

Great shots, love #1.
Thanks

I like them all, but the second one seems to have a perplexed expression - "I'm sure I had a nut here a minute ago. Did you take it?"
Im not sure what it was thinking. I got lucky with that pose.

I like them all, but I too think the first one is the stand out image
Thanks Jason.
Great set.
First is my favourite but I agree with @LongLensPhotography about cropping the bottom.
Not sure what he means when he says the out of focus section looks "nervous" though. :)
Thanks

Great set.
First is my favourite but I agree with @LongLensPhotography about cropping the bottom.
Not sure what he means when he says the out of focus section looks "nervous" though. :)

That's probably more used to describe bokeh and it just means, busy, contrasty, and not very dreamy.

I have a few different crops of the first image. I have this landscape version, it has a little cut off the bottom but a little wider on the sides.

View attachment 243280

Much better. I'd crop slightly more off or blur it away in photoshop. Of course you could focus stack the image once you had the squirrel but thats not really the main point of the image.

Good set, do you mind sharing where abouts you shot these? I've seen reds in the lakes but never got close enough to shoot them.

Back