Critique Lake District reflections

Name
jason
Edit My Images
Yes
I got up nice nearly for a special shot ive been wanting for ever!! Blea Tarn, on a still morning sunrise. Skies werern't the best, but conditions were stunning. Im so glad i set my alarm for 03:30, and made the 2 hour drive. (particularly waiting for comments from the reflection perfection.....ist.
_JAY0187 by jason greenwood, on Flickr
_JAY0198 by jason greenwood, on Flickr

Ive also added some aircraft photos to the Transport section from Dunmail Raise...

Hi, I am just a hobby photographer, so no criticism from me. - Only the simple statement that I like #1 better ... ---

Perhaps because there is more mirroring, and contrast between light and dark parts, and the foreground is not empty ...

And thank you for your effort! I think it was worth it. :)

Last edited:
Both lovely images but its number 1 for me as there is interest from the very front to the very back (I love the way the large rock sits on top of the reflected hill, it has great light and the sky is a little more interesting. Well worth the early alarm call i'd say, great job!

The only thing that I would do differently in #1 (not saying you got it wrong, just what I'd do differently) is add a bit of grit to the orange mountain at the back. At the moment the light means that it looks a tad artificial and the focus looks a little bit soft. Can you do a selective sharpening just of that section? What post-processing are you using?

The only thing that I would do differently in #1 (not saying you got it wrong, just what I'd do differently) is add a bit of grit to the orange mountain at the back. At the moment the light means that it looks a tad artificial and the focus looks a little bit soft. Can you do a selective sharpening just of that section? What post-processing are you using?
Ive got some that ive taken with different focus points. One for the foreground rock, and one for the distant mountain. Im gonna have a lean on how to merge photo stacks. I think that will be a better shot, front to back.

Both good images in my opinion, but I especially like the first: more interest and better lighting. Good work!

The first is a nice shot

It was a lovely morning Jason I was at Wasdale

First one looks good. If you can pull any more colour from the clouds I would try that. More saturation can't be bad here.

Second one suffers too much from being a grey winter scene, and the fine details are lost because of flat light. You could see this being completely different with frost or autumnal colours.

Back