Lake District Sunset

It's a cracking view to wake up to. The light is quite nice but I think the more interesting part of the valley is to the right of the frame - in my view this may be a better morning location as you can use Beda Fell and the stream as a lead in with Hartsop Dodd in the background, with the morning light catching those instead. You might get a bit more atmosphere too if there's a mist or haze, I got lucky with sunbeams in autumn.

Looks nice Mal

It's a cracking view to wake up to. The light is quite nice but I think the more interesting part of the valley is to the right of the frame - in my view this may be a better morning location as you can use Beda Fell and the stream as a lead in with Hartsop Dodd in the background, with the morning light catching those instead. You might get a bit more atmosphere too if there's a mist or haze, I got lucky with sunbeams in autumn.

You can't actually see Hartsop Dodd from there. I'm assuming you are thinking of the Nab (sometimes gets some nice light but is hideously boggy)

You can't actually see Hartsop Dodd from there. I'm assuming you are thinking of the Nab (sometimes gets some nice light but is hideously boggy)
You're right - stand corrected

Back