Undecided Lake District tomorrow, but where in (heavy) rain?

Name
David
Edit My Images
No
Heavy rain is set for the Lake District for tomorrow from around mid-morning.

Is there anywhere in the National Park that offers some good photography in rain and cloud? I know this might be an odd question but I don't know

Only been to the peak district a couple of times but i don't think you will go wrong with the roaches, others may know better locations though!

Lake NOT Peak ignore me! :facepalm:

Last edited:
Lol

Ignore this thread. (or delete it mods?). I decided not to go because of the weather and my camera isn't waterproof!

Cathedral cavern is a must on wet days. You can practice your HDR/bracketing techniques.

Also worth a visit on wet days is the Motor Museum at Haverthwaite. That's right next to the Lakeside and Haverthwaite railway.

For the more adventurous there is always Hodge Close quarry. It's always dry in there but you need to be able to read a map to find it.

For the super dooper adventurous there is Coniston. You'll need a hard hat and torch as well as a flash unit but you can easily get into the old Horse Level. If you are prepared to crawl for 10 yards there is the superb Gray Crag Level. (Large cojones are needed, but the rewards are superb).

For the more adventurous there is always Hodge Close quarry. It's always dry in there but you need to be able to read a map to find it.

I didn't have a problem finding it, the scramble down to it was a bit precarious though.

Don't really need to practice my bracketing :p

Saw the cave on one of Thomas Heatons' youtube videos. Looks to be a good place, but I'd rather be out in the open.

Threlkeld Quarry near Keswick. Great shots to be had especially with a macro lens of textures etc. Great shop there as well where you can buy some gorgeous white quartz bookends and very reasonably priced.

Threlkeld Quarry near Keswick. Great shots to be had especially with a macro lens of textures etc. Great shop there as well where you can buy some gorgeous white quartz bookends and very reasonably priced.

My parents used to collect fossils and we have plenty of quartz lol

Back