Lake District Weekend Meet

Name
Andy Grant
Edit My Images
Yes

Quite a romantic natural setup!
…and your renditions preserved the emotional quality.

Lovely composition on this one matey, is this one of the Crummock Water shots?

the 2 b&w shots I took with the MPP mk viii, both on Shanghai GP3.

Catbells
Catbells-Pano by Andy, on Flickr

Derwent Water
DW-Tree by Andy, on Flickr

Apologies for the iPhone scan but I'm just excited enough that my 110A actually works!

ImageUploadedByTalk Photography Forums1445352916.772681.jpg

ImageUploadedByTalk Photography Forums1445352923.791480.jpg

A bigger leak on the second image but I remember thinking I hadn't quite clicked the DDS in place properly when I took it. Guess I was right!

I've just boosted contrast a bit and darkened the highlights. Looks a little over-exposed possibly but these were both shot around 1/4 second so the slow speed could be a bit off or my iPhone metering a bit cowboy ;0)

Last edited:
Thanks mate. I'm supposed to be working but I keep looking through my slides/negs :0) I've got a load of 35mm from Whipsnade here too along with some Provia I shot in the summer.

I've just taken a close look at the 4x5's with my loupe (OM Zuiko 35mm reversed) and I can pretty much count the leaves on the trees so I reckon that's a fair result :0)

Last edited:
Great work on the 110A Steve, I'm really liking the rounded corners, very retro.

Thanks Nick, they do add a certain charm ;) I've just measured the actual image area and I'm getting 118mm x 90mm (4.6"x3.5") which from what I can find is pretty much 'standard' so that's another bonus.

I've just realised that the main reason for the leak will be because I had to clip the DDS on higher up the camera because my tripod foot was stopping it fitting low enough. By fitting it higher I'm not surprised there was a risk of light leaks. Once the base is installed the tripod foot will be away from the DDS so that will fix the issue :0)

Top stuff Steve, looks like you have a winner there.

Some great work here, looks like it was a very productive weekend. Good stuff guys!

Well guys,this has been such a great thread to read from start to finish and I have kept abreast of the thread all the time. Now we are coming to the conclusion with the posting of your photographs it is even better.

The LF photographs which seem to dominate at this early stage are just fabulous to see,my favs at the moment are Andy with Aira force and Jonathan with "one from me to start with",that is not to say the others are not great as well.

I am equally impressed with what Steve has achieved with his 110A contraption :),a brilliant piece of work.

I am now looking forward to seeing some MF and 35mm photographs as well.

Great work from you all and a film meet thread that will be hard to beat in the future.

Congratulations to all of you.

Tbh Richard my first three were taken with the Rolleiflex. Some more to come though and one more Lf, this time in colour.

Can I ask "Andysnap" what the exposure time was for the Aira Force picture?

I took pictures there a few years back planning to use my ND 10 stopper for a long exposure but there was really no need as with the shade of the gorge and overhanging trees and with the force of the water I found the water blurring effect was barely different between my pictures. One was 3/5 sec without the filter and one was 30 seconds with the 10 stopper both at f/11.

Can I ask "Andysnap" what the exposure time was for the Aira Force picture?

I took pictures there a few years back planning to use my ND 10 stopper for a long exposure but there was really no need as with the shade of the gorge and overhanging trees and with the force of the water I found the water blurring effect was barely different between my pictures. One was 3/5 sec without the filter and one was 30 seconds with the 10 stopper both at f/11.

Hmm, a good question. I think that it was about 1/4 of a second at f16 but I'm not 100% sure. I really should make notes.

That's lovely, Jonathan.

Just arrived back home, with 3 films to scan (from that morning), and 6 others to upload from the ones I sent off to Filmdev! Busy busy. It may take a while to sort out what's what, and what needs to be saved for POTY15!

Um yes. I did get a bit over-excited! In my defence, I don't often get to shoot a sunrise, and it kept being different and even more exciting as it developed. And there were some other shots as well... :)

Tee Hee

or even more accurate.....

:D

This was the shot I waited 20 minutes for the pesky kids to move, not sure it was worth all the hassle. Rolleiflex and Portra 400

Buttermere2 by Andy, on Flickr

A thicket of togs on the shores of Derwent Water

Togging-by-the-lake by Andy, on Flickr

Me, Nick(RaglanSurf), Chris R, Yv, Steve McG and Steve LMX5

The Newlands Valley

Newlands-Valley by Andy, on Flickr

A couple of inches lower and you'd have been in big trouble......o_O

@Andysnap I really like that Newlands Valley shot, we should have back and done a night version.

Jonathan, that's really lovely. I'm tempted to put up my (much worse composition) shot from a nearby vantage point, taken on Delta 400 35mm, for comparison, not of the shot but the same scene rendered in LF Acros vs 35mm Delta 400. Needless to say, the former is MUCH nicer! (ETA: perhaps I won't put up that shot; this thread is for the better shots, not the worse!)

Last edited:
First few from me, developed with absolutely no organisation or timing at all this afternoon, almost guerrilla style, amazed anything came out at all. Beautyflex and Ilford Pan F 50. I still have 2 rolls to finish off plus some colour stuff to send off, will get round to doing them eventually ;)

Lake District on MF Mono
by Yvonne White, on Flickr

Lake District on MF Mono

Lake District on MF Mono

Lake District on MF Mono

Last of my 3 large format shots. This one was from just on the lake side about 50 yards from the digs on sunday afternoon. MPP Mk vii on Kodak Portra 400.

Derwent-Water by Andy, on Flickr

Back