Lakeside fliers

Nice set, 1 and 2 for me, I really like the punchy blue on the green background and the details in wings on 2 is nice. 3-4-5 great as well but feel the beackground detracts a little.

5 does have a really nice feel with the head showing so cleanly.

But 1 is stunning

Stunning to say the least. Really excellent set.
Thanks Shane
Nice set, 1 and 2 for me, I really like the punchy blue on the green background and the details in wings on 2 is nice. 3-4-5 great as well but feel the beackground detracts a little.

5 does have a really nice feel with the head showing so cleanly.

But 1 is stunning
Thanks for the detailed crit Scott, I know what you mean about the bg on the darters. They were pretty low flying and never really gave me an angle for a clearer shot. The hawkers were a lot more cooperative in that respect and tended to hover above the foliage and water.

Thats a lovely set there and I have never seen A Ruddy darter shot in-flight while in copulation.
Well done.

What a super set. Excellent images.
brilliant set of shots
All of them are stunning :)
Wonderful!
Thanks guys, most appreciated!:)
Thats a lovely set there and I have never seen A Ruddy darter shot in-flight while in copulation.
Well done.
Cheers Graham, they were the only darters I have ever caught in flight. They are usually way too fast and don't take up holding positions often like some other species do, also in this instance I think they were too preoccupied to be skittish.:D

superb set

Back