Lakeside Hammers Speedway - Good Friday 2016

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
No
Hi All,

first time I've uploaded photos to the motorsport forum so be kind but also please feel free to give any constructive criticism.

I used to go to speedway a lot as a kid. I went once a few years back but this time I went for a daytime event and took my camera. Lighting was very harsh (see me getting the excuses in already!) so these have all been tweaked in Lightroom. I was having serious issues when trying to crop them as nothing looks level, especially those on bikes!

Anyway, here are a few of my favourites, there are some more on my Flickr. If you haven't been it is well worth a visit. Evening races are a bit more dramatic I'd say (most of them are evening anyway) but probably require much higher ISO! Oh, and the last two are from the junior races after the elite event.

A nice set but while they show action, they don't show much motion. My favorite is the black and white.

A nice set but while they show action, they don't show much motion. My favorite is the black and white.

Thanks for the comment. I did forget to mention that even at about 100 ISO the shutter speeds were stupid fast. If I have another go I'll sacrifice the shallow DoF for a slower shutter speed.

Back