Critique Lamborghini Aventador

Name
Michael
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello

I recently shot this lovely Aventador. and what a car it is. Shame the car was unwrapped after i did this shoot :( but i might get to shoot it again.

So, let me know what you think.

1)
Lets Go For A Blast by Michael Hamilton, on Flickr

2)
Lamborghini Aventador by Michael Hamilton, on Flickr

3)

4)

5)

Any comments & Critique is welcome :)

Mike

Last edited:
Not a bad looking motor, bloody brilliant photo's of it mind!!!

the first shot is superb, would love to find out how you guys approach your PP, really is striking. Only shot I'm not 100% about is the second, just find the OOF post is too wide and detracts from the gorgeous car imo.

Interior shots are superbly lit.

I like #1: PP too evident but like the graphic approach and artistic intent!
Where is the girl… and her phone number?

Love it, #1 is the standout for me as well, agree about the post in #2 and #3 looks like it should be centered in the frame but isn' (just off centre and it bothers my OCD).

Some of the best shots I've seen you produce, I'd be very chuffed with them if it were me.

Scott

Numbers 1 and 5 for me. If anything I like 5 the best - that's the kind of high-quality shot I'd expect to see in the brochure. The perfect lighting combined with the lights in the background and mirror are what makes it outstanding in my opinion.

Great set my friend and car! Great use of light. If you want some CC (only healthy critique :) )
1) I would tone down a bit the orange brush and overall PP on the trees and increase the overall warmth as alloys and bumper still show a lot of blue from the sky making it not match the sunset!
2) Same there, reduce oranges and increase overall warmth and crop out without the pole - AND PRINT IT ON YOUR WALL!
3) Straighten it and it is a winner!
4) Perfect love it!
5) Still not sure if I like the fake bokeh, but interior is lit beautifully!

Cheers everyone,

Thanks for the comments & critique. with regards to the post ive noticed a trend of people putting items like fences and stuff in photos and i am experimenting with the idea. The pole was the best thing available, in hindsight it would probably be better without the pole. i may crop it out and see the result.

I'm chuffed with the interior shots too, not bad for being shot in the day with limited time to get the lighting sorted. so it was a smash and grab of just point and shoot the flash and hope for the best :)

loving your processing, and I agree, shame to have unwrapped it (but I wouldn't say no if someone offered it to me... ;) )

They are superb images of a fantastic car ! what I wouldn't give for a drive in one :)

Yeah I agree those pics are top stuff, can't see how they could be better! And that car....well.... spanking!

That is a beautiful car, also the only lamborghini id own at the min

Quality shots, love number one.

Can see what you were going for in 2 but don't think the pole works. The hedge on the right hand side of the frame might have been better to use for that type of thing :)

Just out of curiosity, how is 5 lit? I like the way it shows off the lines and details.

Thanks, 5 is lit with a single strobe using multiple shots

Back