Lancashire in Autumn/Winter

Not sure about the chainlink fence ones but for me 1 and 4 are very well composed with really nice light

The 5th and 6th are good, could be a disused facility in the artic. Great cold winter desolate feel.

The 1st, wrong time of day, shoot that sort of thing with the sun anywhere but infront of you
2, I;d have gone beyond the posts myself, with a lower sun behind me to give more shadows and contrast but its ok

I absolutely love the 1st and 5th. 4 I don't find to be quite as interesting of a shot, but there's definitely something compelling about the composition. Awesome set!

Not sure about the chainlink fence ones but for me 1 and 4 are very well composed with really nice light

The 5th and 6th are good, could be a disused facility in the artic. Great cold winter desolate feel.

The 1st, wrong time of day, shoot that sort of thing with the sun anywhere but infront of you
2, I;d have gone beyond the posts myself, with a lower sun behind me to give more shadows and contrast but its ok

I absolutely love the 1st and 5th. 4 I don't find to be quite as interesting of a shot, but there's definitely something compelling about the composition. Awesome set!

Thanks all! Yeah the trees one was weird, just caught my eye and I still don't know why....

Don't normally like monochrome landscapes, but number 7 is ok, I think it could benefit from a bit more contrast though. It conveys a feeling of bleakness. btw there are some dust bunnies showing on #7 too

I thought they were that neck of the woods so to speak, just didn't recognise the location in 2/3. Very nice work!

I thought they were that neck of the woods so to speak, just didn't recognise the location in 2/3. Very nice work!
No2 is on the route around angelzarke reservoir - the hill side. And No3 is one of the many paths that criss-cross near to rivington barn!!

That makes sense.. I've never made it around Anglezarke, it's always too wet whenever I 've considered it.. penny has dropped re: no3!

Love the first image - all are very well light, great lighting.

As a suggestion - have you tried flipping the 1st shot horizontally? I think it would be a stronger image if you did - try it - see what you think ;)

Love the first image - all are very well light, great lighting.

As a suggestion - have you tried flipping the 1st shot horizontally? I think it would be a stronger image if you did - try it - see what you think ;)
Not sure what you mean, but feel free to edit, i'd be interested to see.....

15659044946_0eb60e9eae_b.jpg

I have to agree I prefer the flipped version but why is that the case? What makes flipping it enhance it somehow?

Liked the original but flipped slightly pips it. Also nice set (as a Yorkie, it pains me to say it looks great over there haha).

I have to agree I prefer the flipped version but why is that the case? What makes flipping it enhance it somehow?

Liked the original but flipped slightly pips it. Also nice set (as a Yorkie, it pains me to say it looks great over there haha).

haha, that's quite some admission. may need to screen grab that!!!

haha, that's quite some admission. may need to screen grab that!!!

I'll blame my medication haha

We did the walk from Windy Hill up the Pennine Way to the Roman road and back down the Pennine Bridleway the other week, a lovely trek and a different view of that neck of the words than driving through on M62 as usual.

as a rule of thumb, if the leading lines or main subject is in or towards the top right hand corner of an image - 9 times out of time it will look better... Its not always the case but it always seems more pleasing to the eye... thats all i have lol

As a Yorkshireman living in Manchester - i have no comment on anything else.... :\ ha ha

as a rule of thumb, if the leading lines or main subject is in or towards the top right hand corner of an image - 9 times out of time it will look better... Its not always the case but it always seems more pleasing to the eye... thats all i have lol

As a Yorkshireman living in Manchester - i have no comment on anything else.... :\ ha ha

Well I've never heard that, seems to work though, I'll see if I can improve any of my old pics with this idea.
I'll assume you're that side of the Pennines on some kind of secret service, be careful not to blow your cover!!!

Number 1 for me - don't like the reversed (flipped) image. We naturally follow left to right in the western world right ? ......the leading line is more logical for me, left to right.

7 is cracking too.

Good effort !

Prefer no 1 for me the path and the stone wall sitting on the left side and raking into the distance keeps the eye focused into the far yonder.
GEORGE.

Back