landfill meadow. and ID's required

Name
John
Edit My Images
No
The following photos were all taken at a local landfill site that has now been completed, it is now essentially a large meadow with wild flowers and wild grasses.
They was taken with a nikon 50mm 1.8d with a reversing ring, this is my first attempt and i hope i will only get better with practice.

Any tips on how to get the most out of this combo would be great, as well as tips on setting up this combo to use in aperture mode, (so the aperture will change in camera when changed), although i'm not sure if this can be done.

Any id would be great too..:)

Black and yellow longhorn beetle by John Garton, on Flickr
Soldier Beetle by John Garton, on Flickr
Large rose sawfly by John Garton, on Flickr
Hoverfly by John Garton, on Flickr
DSC_3917 by John Garton, on Flickr
DSC_3860 by John Garton, on Flickr
DSC_3427 by John Garton, on Flickr
ichneumonid by John Garton, on Flickr

Moved to Macro and close up, your'll get more response here.
Can't help with the ID's save #5 its one of the many hoverfly species.
Nice set (y)

Thanks, Cobra.

I thought it might be a hoverfly, it seems to have the same shaped thorax as the hoverfly in the photo above.

Last edited:
1 is the Longhorn beetle Strangalia maculata, 2 is the Hogweed bonking beetle (Rhagonycha fulva - Soldier beetle, Cantharidae), 4 & 5 are Hoverflies - 4 looks like a male Melanostoma mellinum, 5 is a male Leucozona glaucia - both common, 6 is a male of the Muscid Graphomyia maculata - common species in damp places. The final one is some sort of parasitic wasp - good look on getting much further on that!

Back