Critique Landscape or nature? Sunflowers

No 3, Just sublime, I really like the contrasting colours, the distant cloud with a light scattering of rosy pink and that field of yellow below, wow.

No 3 looks good but I would just crop the bottom out. There is nothing there of interest.

2 has stronger looking foreground. I wish you hadn't cropped the 2 sunflower on the right but oh well. The left edge can all go on the other hand.

1 is by far the weakest. Either you lens flares badly or you are using those plasticky tweezy sneezy filters that just light up like Christmas tree. The shot had to be done from higher elevation (ladder?) to only have flowers and sky not dark stems with added flare. I hope that makes sense.

Thanks all. I quite like the multiple bokeh flares. Looks like fairy dust my daughter said. I was using Formatt hitech 100x150 resin filters. Nd soft grad and possibly a reverse grad for the sun on the horizon. Just trying to control things as the sky kept blowing out. I've taken plenty of shots so I'll look at the others to see if I've got any that haven't cropped the flowers. However, there wasn't much room to get a shot without cropping anything.

Back