South-West England Landscape Photography Location recommendations in Cotswolds

Name
Tom
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm spending the weekend in Stroud and I'm hoping to do some photography - are there any good locactions around Stroud in particular??

Thanks!
Tom

In Stroud itself not so much, but Coaley Peak has a reasonable view. Uley Hill fort isn’t too bad either but not incredible.

The Purton hulks are a much photographed subject, bank of the Severn. Otherwise it is valleys and commons, and lurking Georgian mansions.

@Tom Pinchenzo , I’m a Stroudie myself so interested to know how you got on.

The Cotswolds and Stroud area are tricky. Yes it’s an area of outstanding natural beauty and yes it’s not hard to get ‘good’ twee chocolate box snaps.

There’s no low hanging fruit though, no epic Scottish Mountains or huge lakes. It’s quite possible to get epic quality landscape photos but they are imo hard won and need lots of scouting and focus on light and shadows.

Hi Mark,

We stayed in North Woodchester and I ended up going up Rodborough Common. It was really nice but like you say, it's not hugely conducive to landscape photography. Lovely part of the world though and definitely hope to return.

Yes there are nice views from Rodborough common and with a telephoto lens you can pick out some nice details of the below town especially with good light.

Did you see the vineyards?

Back