Critique Landscaper trying something different

Edit My Images
No
As the title suggests I normally stick to landscape photography but its difficult to get trips out for that these days & also as my daughter is growing up so fast I really want to start getting some good images of her. I'm not experienced in portraits & would like to improve, the biggest challenge I had today was trying to get a shot. She's here there & everywhere! Any tips or advice would be appreciated. For this image I was using my 6D & 24-105mm F4L lens.

Sophia
IMG_3736 by Tom Harvey, on Flickr

Cheers T

She reminds me of my niece, I bet she's a little handful! Maybe get a bit lower, and try and shoot with more even light (the background is a bit glaring, although the fact she's in shade helps give soft light on her.

Love your landscapes btw.

Lovely. Captured a great moment there. As mentioned very flattering light on your subject with great cathlights.

Gaz

you could do a closer crop to take out the trees
the background can be toned down i pp
the eyes have it...again

That's a great capture.as above, I'd crop a bit tighter and tone down the background in pp.

It’s a nice image Tom. I find to get good shots of the kids I just let them play and every now and again shout their name whilst I have the camera up to my eye - they will usually smile nicely and then I take the shot. Any more of a posed shot and it turns to chaos quickly with my two anyway - boys aged 5 &7!

Back