Last couple from Canada

Steve the Jay does not look right to me it might be over cropped or ISO to high so showing noise. I never got my 7D over ISO 800 without some effect and this is ISO 1600.

On the plus side it got me looking at your impressive flickr site to see the exif and you have some really great photos on there, the eagles are amazing as is the kingfisher.

Thanks for the comments Martin. I have found with my 7d Mk1 that if I dial in 1/3-2/3 plus EV it can overcome the noise problems. However the Jay was sitting in the shadows and I saw the image I thought he was black, so the camera managed to pull some of the colour out. Shooting into the shadows with a 7D on 1600 ISO was always going to give me some noise problems. When I get back in the UK I'll spend some time trying to improve the shot in PP.

Off out whale watching now, hopefully to get some "flukes & breaches" from the Grey Whales...

Hi Jelster, have to say I find the blown highlights on the jay image a bit of a distraction. Can these be toned-down a bit in PP ? My skills are limited in this area but if you shot RAW I am sure that highlight recovery might work or move the tone curve a bit ? Nice shots in lots of other ways and I do appreciate the lighhting was not ideal. You did a good job considering this.

Hi Jelster, have to say I find the blown highlights on the jay image a bit of a distraction. Can these be toned-down a bit in PP ? My skills are limited in this area but if you shot RAW I am sure that highlight recovery might work or move the tone curve a bit ? Nice shots in lots of other ways and I do appreciate the lighhting was not ideal. You did a good job considering this.

I'll have another attempt when we get back on Saturday/Sunday. Trying to PP on the 13" Macbook and no mouse isn't easy :)

Back