Last One, Kingfisher. (probably).

Dale.

Bo Derek
Name
Dale.
Edit My Images
Yes
I enjoyed my day in the hide on Saturday and saw my first perched kingfisher at the age of 50. I've only ever seen 3 before that and they were just blue blurs.

The MKiv with the 100-400L on is an awesome set up and one I shall keep.

edit:- probably a smidge sharper on Flickr.

One More Kingfisher. by Dale, on Flickr

Last edited:

Last One, Kingfisher. (probably).
Probably? Probably… Dale?

How bold of you!

You should know well, by now. that these buggers are like
candies… it's always the last one that's hardest to resist!

:D:D:D

How did you know the Kingfisher is 50 ?

Very nice image :D

Another beauty Dale, you've made the most of the time there, excellent sharpness, and I love all the oranges own the background.

For me, I'd have made 2 minor changes, in that I think the image is just a little bright, and I'd have preferred the bird and perch to have been a little lower in the frame.

Other than that though, the details are spot on and a really pleasing shot overall

Mike

Thanks Mike, I appreciate the suggestions(y). I toyed with the exposure slider for a while, I may pull it back a squidge.

Last edited:
Lovely shot, please to see you are enjoying 5Div. Is that a mark one or two lens?

Did you have to wait long for the kingfishers to appear?

Is that a mark one or two lens?

Did you have to wait long for the kingfishers to appear?

Mine is the mark 1, I bought it off a friend last year at a price too good to refuse. Glad I did, it's the sharpest tele I have, it even managed to flatter my 7D.

I didn't wait long at all for one to show, I think it was the female but she landed on an ugly pole and just a bit too far away. She dissapeared after a minute or so and I didn't see either again for over 2 hours but they spolied me when they did appear. In 7 hours, I lost count of the visits but it must've been 12 or so.

Thanks for the comments again. (y)

Beautiful

great shots

That first shot....just, WOW!

I enjoyed my day in the hide on Saturday and saw my first perched kingfisher at the age of 50. I've only ever seen 3 before that and they were just blue blurs.

The MKiv with the 100-400L on is an awesome set up and one I shall keep.

edit:- probably a smidge sharper on Flickr.

One More Kingfisher. by Dale, on Flickr
What a beautiful photograph, well done.

Ha ha late to the pardy mate these are wonderful too first for me ,but you are going to have to find something special to beat the last I commented on. what is the bkg Dale.

Stu

Ha ha late to the pardy mate these are wonderful too first for me ,but you are going to have to find something special to beat the last I commented on. what is the bkg Dale.

Stu

Lol Stu, welcome.

Thanks for the comment, the BG is just some scrub on the opposite side of the river, about 30 metres away.

very nice ,well done

very nice ,well done

Thank you Jeff. Framing can sometimes be frustrating, I'm a bit OCD when it comes to things like that but this one turned out well I think. Now to frame the one of the kingfisher emerging from the water, watch this space.

Back