last post before surgery

Name
Dean
Edit My Images
No
going back into hospital wednesday for reversal surgery thursday to have my bowel reattached.. pretty major op and will most likely be in 7-10 days.. daughters birthday tomorrow so wont be around then.
will update ( if all goes well ) friday or saturday post surgery.
means it'll be another several weeks / moths out of action again but hopefully will also be the end of a pretty traumatic year.

All the best Dean :)

Here's hoping that the whole thing go along smoothly and you go onto making a swift recovery. :)

Hope all goes well and you have a speedy recovery.

Best of luck Dean, I'm sure we're all wishing you a full and fast recovery.

Hope all goes well Dean(y)

oh dear ,best wishes hope it goes well

All the best, Dean. IIRC the op means you'll soon be able to break wind rather than inflate a bag - something for Mrs M and the little Ms to look forward to!

Dean

Good news that your medics are ready to take you to the next stage

Positive thoughts coming your way....

Regards

Steve

All done.2 Hours post op bah free now. But very tired
15482470277_b4429b3d49_h.jpg

Soon be disconnected and free!

Youve cut your hand off, and id like to see a little more space above your head. Also looks a little noisy... ;)

All the best. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Take it easy Dean.
Youve cut your hand off, and id like to see a little more space above your head. Also looks a little noisy... ;)

All the best. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Yeah, but it's such a pretty nightie you can forgive all that :)

Just be thankful it's not a rear view!!!

Hi Dean - I've been off the forum for a bit so don't know the back story here but guessing you had a stoma. I had an ileostomy for four months (after sudden and unexpected emergency surgery following undiagnosed diverticulitis) a few years ago. My reversal went really well and everything back to normal.

Just wanted to wish you all the best for a speedy recovery! Hope your outcome is as successful as mine was!

Glad to hear you're recovering according to plan Dean...but OUCH on those scars!!

Bio oil will help reduce the permanent scarring once the wounds are less raw - but apparently chicks dig scars! (The oil worked a treat on my bonce - there's a dent but it's skin coloured rather than an obvious scar.)

+1 for bio oil.

Can barely see the scars from my by-pass surgery (left arm wrist to elbow, left leg inside knee to ankle (artery and vein harvesting) and chest of course). I was sceptical but it did the job.

Steve

It's good as aftersun if you burn too!

Back