Last round of the Scottish Champs (9 images)

dod

TPer Emeritus
Name
Ebenezer McScrooge III
Edit My Images
Yes
Last round on sunday and the weather was kind. First pic is of the overall champ for the year, Neil Flockhart. His brother (based in New Zealand now I believe) competes in the British and I think the world champs

ML1W8998.jpg

ML1W8756.jpg

ML1W9492.jpg

ML1W9708.jpg

ML1W7662.jpg

ML1W7749.jpg

ML1W8043.jpg

ML1W8338.jpg

ML1W8374.jpg

Dod , you are the reason I never go to Motocross events :nono:

whats your technique? Fill flash? Panning...Zooming out as they hurtle towards you?

Great images!

Crackers dod, as always. I'm curious, which lens?

Ta for the comments folks :)
whats your technique? Fill flash? Panning...Zooming out as they hurtle towards you?
I suppose it's just panning really. Not like cars in that you're panning vertically as well as horizontally and there's only a loosely defined race line.

Without flash I like to be at about 1/400 or 1/500, it's quick enough to freeze things but you still have some wheel movement. Fill flash I'll use 2nd curtain and drop it to 1/200 or 1/250, you get a bit of blur but the subject is usually sharp enough. I can't decide if I like the slightly unnatural look flash seems to give it though. Didn't use flash for any of these.

Crackers dod, as always. I'm curious, which lens?

Sigma 70-200 EX DG F2.8 Marcel, although from the examples I've seen it looks like the new version has even better image quality. Like I've said before the only canon equivalent I would consider changing to would be the IS model for the weather proofing, nothing else.

You made your mind up what you're going for yet?

You made your mind up what you're going for yet?

Nope, still undecided. It's gonna be a short while before I rally the funds up, so I'm still torn.

I think comparing the two, in my eyes they're going to be on a par with each other quality wise. It's just whether the extra stop is worth the extra cost. That's what's probably going to sway me.

As always super shots dod..:)

Back