Last trip to the bluebells

Name
Emma
Edit My Images
Yes
Yesterday was probably my last trip to my favourite bluebell wood this year. I have never tried a starburst before, but reckoned it would add to this shot (especially since I should have made it out of bed an hour earlier than I did :oops: :$) The ground and trees all look wonky, but they were! I think it's the bluebell woods shot I'm happiest with this year - I always find it really hard to do them justice en masse.

bluebell burst by Em Jay, on Flickr

Last edited:

…a warm glow in a spectacular take.
Beautiful rendition, Emma!

Great warm spring scene overall.

A couple quick notes about processing:
1. CA (Chromatic aberation needs eliminated)
2. Highlight recover has to be dialed back. There is no more data there, so the bit of sky and sun just went a weird featurelss grey. It can happily stay normal white as this is how you perceive it anyway.

Great warm spring scene overall.

A couple quick notes about processing:
1. CA (Chromatic aberation needs eliminated)
2. Highlight recover has to be dialed back. There is no more data there, so the bit of sky and sun just went a weird featurelss grey. It can happily stay normal white as this is how you perceive it anyway.

Thanks so much for that feedback - I can't believe I didn't notice the CA. I've dialed the highlight recovery back a long way, but it doesn't seem to have made a huge difference to the sky, although the sunburst has definitely changed - does it look better to you?

bluebell burstvsmall.jpg

Lovely long shadows Em.
They're stunning end masse aren't they?
I went to shoot them myself yesterday too :)
I've not looked at them yet, but I know my light wasn't as nice as yours. :)

Thanks so much for that feedback - I can't believe I didn't notice the CA. I've dialed the highlight recovery back a long way, but it doesn't seem to have made a huge difference to the sky, although the sunburst has definitely changed - does it look better to you?

View attachment 63557

That looks a lot better. The sun is perhaps still a little bit grey but thats they only thing.

Back