Last weekend...

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
No
I took yet another trip up to Glencoe last weekend, and it was totally worth it...

Last Saturdays atomic sunrise, the colour so intense, this image is actually desaturated! but what a way to start the day...

Glencoe sunrise over Creise by Martin Steele, on Flickr

The mighty Buachaille Etive Mor...shot to death, but for a reason...

The Buachaille by Martin Steele, on Flickr

I particularly like the second photo - great atmosphere

Both lovely, right place right time, especially for the first. I wish I'd gone now.

The colours are lovely in the first and a very nice composition too and the reflection just makes it. That's Creise I believe?

Love the composition in number 2 and it's very well rendered.

The sky and its reflection make it the first one for me Martin, as it speaks of an effort to be there and get the shot. The second one is fine, but it's not striking me as being sufficiently different to the massive pool of BEM shots.

Both lovely, right place right time, especially for the first. I wish I'd gone now.

The colours are lovely in the first and a very nice composition too and the reflection just makes it. That's Creise I believe?

Love the composition in number 2 and it's very well rendered.
Thanks Dale, it is indeed Creise, a fine mountain in itself (and my fave) but always gets overshadowed by its big neighbour :)

Both lovely, but the 2nd edges it for me - great composition, light and processing (y)
Thank you Si :)

The sky and its reflection make it the first one for me Martin, as it speaks of an effort to be there and get the shot. The second one is fine, but it's not striking me as being sufficiently different to the massive pool of BEM shots.
Thank you Peter :)

First one the colours look too insane for sRGB and web viewing. I bet soft proofed correctly and printed it would be stunning though and is still a great shot regardless.

Also prefer the second, nice to see a different angle on the Buachille and well processed.

1st one for me, I think its really nice, yep the colours are intense but I kinda like it. I would prob say there's a bit too much sky in the shot compositionally and would prefer a 4:5 or 5:7 crop losing some sky. 2nd one is yet another shot of a location I see on this forum every time I pop on, yes its a beautiful location but I think an image really has to stand out from that location to grab the attention.

2nd shot for me - shows off the autumn colours you get on the moorland the best - and imho the Buachaille is “the one” to shoot imho
First one the colours look too insane for sRGB and web viewing. I bet soft proofed correctly and printed it would be stunning though and is still a great shot regardless.

Also prefer the second, nice to see a different angle on the Buachille and well processed.
Thanks fellas :)

1st one for me, I think its really nice, yep the colours are intense but I kinda like it. I would prob say there's a bit too much sky in the shot compositionally and would prefer a 4:5 or 5:7 crop losing some sky. 2nd one is yet another shot of a location I see on this forum every time I pop on, yes its a beautiful location but I think an image really has to stand out from that location to grab the attention.
Thanks Neil, in hindsight, and after a couple of weeks away from anything photo related other than posts to insta, I agree on the 4:5 crop of the first :)

You have great image-making capabilities - exposure and framing, spot on! But I can only see your images here and I have an issue in particular with the second one. Its skyline looks over-defined, and looks like a paper cut-out against the sky - this is psychologically uncomfortable.

I don't have access to the original & what I'm on about might be a function of its reduction. What's your (or anybody's) take on this?

Back