Latest golf ones

I am assuming you have uploaded before form your description. I have not seen those, To me these look great you have caught the ball in most too.

You gotta love those with the flying debris !

The light and time of year make for a beautiful scene too.

Gaz

I am assuming you have uploaded before form your description. I have not seen those, To me these look great you have caught the ball in most too.

You gotta love those with the flying debris !

The light and time of year make for a beautiful scene too.

Gaz
Cheers Gaz, yeah I've removed the others now. I just put the up for a bit to hopefully get some comments to help make next time better.

First one is a great shot, love the leaves on the ground. Would suggest cropping out the golf bag to help clean the image up a bit.

First one is a great shot, love the leaves on the ground. Would suggest cropping out the golf bag to help clean the image up a bit.
Cheers Seba, i was 50/50 with bag in / bag out.

Cheers Seba, i was 50/50 with bag in / bag out.

Bag out, always, unless he's interacting with it in some way - putting away a club he's just broken in half maybe?!

Look at the top golf images, it's always just golfer, ball and setting. Only really need the bag/caddy if they are involved in the image.

Next time you're out, trying showing more of the type of course, is it undulating, any distant views like the sea or hills, any colour like the leaves (think that's why I like them, it's a colour we don't usually see on the perfectly trimmed and cleaned green courses)

Bag out, always, unless he's interacting with it in some way - putting away a club he's just broken in half maybe?!

Look at the top golf images, it's always just golfer, ball and setting. Only really need the bag/caddy if they are involved in the image.

Next time you're out, trying showing more of the type of course, is it undulating, any distant views like the sea or hills, any colour like the leaves (think that's why I like them, it's a colour we don't usually see on the perfectly trimmed and cleaned green courses)
Cheers, next one is Fortrose and Rosemarkie, links course outside Inverness.

I like the last one ... attractive girl, OTT swing, you can see her feet, and I think the empty space behind her works well.

Love it, yeah looking forward to it if it still goes ahead. fingers crossed.
What lens did you use for this ??
400 f2.8 but you can easily get them decent (if they are around) with the 70-200 - they are about 30 yards offshore at low tide

400 f2.8 but you can easily get them decent (if they are around) with the 70-200 - they are about 30 yards offshore at low tide
ok, got my 70-200 f2.8 now aswell, thinking on saving up for a 400 next, not sure if i can afford the 2.8 just now but we'll see.

ok, got my 70-200 f2.8 now aswell, thinking on saving up for a 400 next, not sure if i can afford the 2.8 just now but we'll see.
100-400 mkii is exceptional for golf and much more portable - when I shoot the Dunhill Links I'll sometimes take that rather than the 400 f2.8

ok, better get saving the pennies.
I wasn't sure I'd kept last year's Dunhill pics but here's some from an overcast and not very bright practice day at St Andrews last year all taken with same camera as you use and 100-400 - full exif info is on the Flickr versions.

Rory McIlroy - 400mm f5.5.6 1/1000th ISO 500

2019 Alfred Dunhill Championship Golf Practice Day Sep 25th by David Young, on Flickr

Rory's dad gerry - lovely bloke - 271mm f5.6 1/1000th ISO 500

2019 Alfred Dunhill Championship Golf Practice Day Sep 25th by David Young, on Flickr

Rory hits an approach shot - 263mm f5.6 1/1250th (doesn't need to be that fast - his club is still at this point) ISO 320

Rory and his caddie Harry seem amused that I've got a lens pointing at them - 400mm f5.6 1000th ISO 800

And just to show that your camera can take decent pics at higher ISO

Justin Rose press conference 176 mm f5.0 1/320th ISO 4000

I wasn't sure I'd kept last year's Dunhill pics but here's some from an overcast and not very bright practice day at St Andrews last year all taken with same camera as you use and 100-400 - full exif info is on the Flickr versions.

Rory hits an approach shot - 263mm f5.6 1/1250th (doesn't need to be that fast - his club is still at this point) ISO 320

Rory and his caddie Harry seem amused that I've got a lens pointing at them - 400mm f5.6 1000th ISO 800

Cheers for that David, Love the one with Rory looking back

If you have any way to get them to him, I'd be tempted to send Rory a couple of prints of that one of him & caddy on the tee looking back at you.

Back