Latest Scam

0041 or +41 is the international dialling code for Switzerland. Not sure if they (the Swiss) have 07 as a prefix for mobile numbers like we do in the UK. The 0 gets dropped when dialling from abroad too.

Just received a text from "HMRC" telling me I I have unclaimed taxes and should follow the secure link to apply.

Just received a text from "HMRC" telling me I I have unclaimed taxes and should follow the secure link to apply.
Go fo it, obviously genuine if it says “HMRC” :). Unfortunately there are people who think that way :(.

just had an email telling me my auto payment for TV licence was declined, with a link to make a manual payment. Looked genuine, but I'd checked my online statement less than an hour before and had seen the payment had gone through about a week ago. reported as phishing, not sure if that actually does any good

just had an email telling me my auto payment for TV licence was declined, with a link to make a manual payment. Looked genuine, but I'd checked my online statement less than an hour before and had seen the payment had gone through about a week ago. reported as phishing, not sure if that actually does any good
That’s why these things are so successful, you fire off millions of emails/sms and there will always score/hundreds/thousands of people who have recently paid whatever charge they are scamming :(.

Several months back as I left an Aldi store, a small battered old car pulled up right in front of me. The driver, a scruffy looking bloke with a foreign accent, I saw foreign, it sounded
fake, a bit like Manuel from Fawlty Towers. Anyway. He tells me that the company he works for in the UK is sending him back to Italy that afternoon, and he starts to wave two
plane tickets at me. He then reaches down and picks up a small black box from the passenger floor well, he opens it to show me a watch. He said it is a tradition to buy someone
a present before going home, and offers me the watch...I politely declined :D I googled what happened later that day, apparently as soon as you accept the watch they start demanding
money...

Several months back as I left an Aldi store, a small battered old car pulled up right in front of me. The driver, a scruffy looking bloke with a foreign accent, I saw foreign, it sounded
fake, a bit like Manuel from Fawlty Towers. Anyway. He tells me that the company he works for in the UK is sending him back to Italy that afternoon, and he starts to wave two
plane tickets at me. He then reaches down and picks up a small black box from the passenger floor well, he opens it to show me a watch. He said it is a tradition to buy someone
a present before going home, and offers me the watch...I politely declined :D I googled what happened later that day, apparently as soon as you accept the watch they start demanding
money...

The high value version of the women in the street "giving" you a heather posy, if you accept it ~ welcome to trouble!

I always find a polite F off works , not that many ever bother me anyway

We had an example of the "I'm a young offender selling magazine subscriptions to pay for me to join the army" idea a few weeks ago. I would have told him to go away as soon as he started. My soft hearted wife listened to him politely, wished him the best of luck and then closed the door. She's always been so much nicer than me, :D

Back