Lavender-Broadway

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
I went to Lavender Farm,Snowshill nr. Broadway, Worcs. today. They will start harvesting on Wednesday,later than usual due to the poor Spring. The only decent day to go was last week but I wasn't going to stand in the 33C of heat forecast by the Met Office,infact they are shade temps so it would have been more. Today started ok (sort of) but clouded over by 1130 and worse, a strong breeze developed so I had to up the shutter speed to cope with swaying lavender. Photographing the tall stem flowers adjacent was a non-starter. Goodness what sort of photos people got with their iPhones so I jus tookt shots of this field and lost the will to go to the others. It was the same last year. Maybe I'll take a trip trip Provence next time.

2m7i71e.jpg

2r4msck.jpg

rri23p.jpg

Very pleasing set, John!
My pick is #2!

Thanks,KQc. If it looks like we might get a decent sunset I may return and photograph another field from the roadway.It will take them two weeks to harvest all the flowers. This place opens at 10.00am > 5.00pm. Not exactly photographers' hours are they. Ugh.

Btw. I took a small step ladder to get myself a bit higher,as you know it gives a better overall view with shots like these. I was questioned about my ladder. Was I a pro photographer ?. Was I going to sell the photos. I don't think I'd be short of voices on here who would say a definite big 'no' to the first question, for sure..:D

They admit 'pro' photographers by appointment. :p

We went there a couple of weeks back, and it was disappointing, so I'm glad you had better flowers than us.

They admit 'pro' photographers by appointment. :p

We went there a couple of weeks back, and it was disappointing, so I'm glad you had better flowers than us.

That was disappointing for you. I assume it was because of the wet,coos Spring,it's why they were a bit late harvesting. Like many here in the UK,I curse the weather.

I did notice that the entry was for the day only.Previously the ticket was valid throughout the season.

I like the lead in line on the third to the house.

Thanks..B. I wasted this shot last year but when I got there they's harvested that area. What amazes me is the number of Japanese visitors,old and young.

Was thinking of visiting this weekend

Best to google the weather there. It looks like tomorrow is cloudy and it kills it. Sunday, sunny intervals so that may be a better day.Nice lavender products in the shop -f or the ladies ,though. My £3.50 entry fee went to £53 Lol.

Back