Lavender- Worc.

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
These were taken at Snowshill lavender fields near Broadway,Worc. Due to inclement weather I had to make two trips to these fields..the strong breeze was a nuisance on both occasions,it even drizzled on day 1.I don't know how people managed getting bumble bee shots with camera phones. On my second trip,yesterday, they had started harvesting over by the houses so I was unable to do a second particular shot I wanted. It's just about the end of the season now and all will be harvested shortly.They told me they are running 10 days late this year due to the poor Spring.

2co0xh0.jpg

35bfqiw.jpg

2450les.jpg

2645hyo.jpg

ftpiq.jpg

2n0ndyw.jpg

Nice set of images John, with #3 being my fav'. (y)

George.

Very nice set and subject really worked in all directions with my fav being the first.
Since you mention it was quite windy, have you tried a long exposure (2-5sec)?
I suppose with a static house and horizon and a moving lavender you could have achieved a nice motion blur (at least this is what I would have tried).

Thanks all. I love those colours too,Chris. They look better in the photo..lol

Looks like 3 the favourite,George.

alemarvaldi..I did the opposite on day one. I took one shot at 1/640 sec.to try and freeze the stems. I haven't posted it but it was of a field on the approach to the main one for the public. I took it from the roadside over barbed wire fencing at 1/640 sec. Photo 4 here at 1/400sec. Even on a normal 1/160 1/200 sec. it just looked like a mish mash on the LCD…like the flowers in the first photo nearest to me although that was to do with front to back focusing or rather the lack of it. The first shot posted above was taken at 1/320 sec. Even the bees were unable to hang on..lol. I It really was a very strong breeze and I had to take the tripod down and get back in the car as the drizzle came in..I was cursing the UK weather and wishing I were in Provencale.I'll try again next year.

Back