Lavender

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Went out with some friends to a local lavender field, they were both taking some long exposure shots but thought I would have a go at something a bit different so had a try using just my prime lenses. The light wasn't great by the time we got there and with the D80 it gets a bit noisy over ISO 400 so I was a bit limited to the apature I could use but was fairly happy how these came out. Also had an attempt at some slightly different processing than I would normally use.

Kent Lavender by Steve, on Flickr

Kent Lavender by Steve, on Flickr

Lavender by Steve, on Flickr

Lavender sunset by Steve, on Flickr

any C & C welcome.

Certainly a different (and good) take on the usual landscape shots etc.

I like then all although I think #3 is the weakest as it doesn't have the focal attention of the others.

#2 looks a little paler and washed out although the yellow flower is nice and bold the lavender is almost desaturated.

Thanks for the comments. I agree #3 is the weakest and had debated leaving it out.

#2 was the first one I processed, I was trying to get it to have a pastel look to it but maybe went a bit to far, especially alongside the others.

Have to agree that these are not the usual lavender images we see on here. I really like the last one and no2 could benefit from a good boost in the saturation levels.

Back