LC2's 52 Shoehorns, Cosplay and Steam Challenge for 2021 : Week 39 - Door

Interesting pix Tim - love the hat :)

You've caught a great expression and I love the muted background colour which sets off her costume.

The hat missing in the first pic is a pity as her expression is great, maybe portrait orientation would have been better,
the second pic works because you can see her costume which I feel is important to the overall image.

minor niggles though its a nice image either way
Thanks Allan. Yes, I know what you mean, I was going for the close up of the face, but then I have the benefit of seeing all the images.
That's a cracking shot Tim, some thing I'm really missing is my people shots.
Hopefully soon Dave.
Interesting pix Tim - love the hat :)
This weekend we had a lampshade !
Great portrait. Love the close up for the detail and the wider shot.
cheers @Bebop
You've caught a great expression and I love the muted background colour which sets off her costume.
Fuji Colour science :)
That’s a fabulous image Tim, the outfit and make up are fascinating and incredibly creative, I just love that hat!
Cheers Susie. It's quite a cool thing to get into shooting, similar in genre to Cosplay, but then again completely different.
Easter
Both shots are good, but I'd go for the second shot.
Another one for the full body shot then :)

Week 5 - Free Week

This is one of my catch-up shots.
Taken over the weekend at another of Pierre Garroudi's Fashion Flash Mobs, this time at Green Park.

I was torn between this one, because of the reflections

@adalin.adelina
by Tim White, on Flickr
Model @adalin.adelinaAdelina
MUA @elliemaydmakeupEllie-May

and this one as the pose is more natural

@giorgianaborhidan
by Tim White, on Flickr
Model @giorgianaborhidanGiorgiana Borhidan
MUA @fefesawaFefe Sawa

I eventually went with the second as it's slightly better balanced.

The models were very brave. Saturday was NOT a very pleasant day and we all packed it in within an hour.

Week 5 :thinking: didn't realise you were doing this in an odd order I've just spent about 5 minutes thinking about the connection to spring or easter.
both good its a difficult choice between them so I won't bother choosing one, either one for me

PULL!

'nuff said :)

Nice pix.

Certainly an interesting line in hats :)
Think i prefer the reflections shot, as in the other one my eye goes from the model to the detail in the door behind her.

Tricky choice. I like the 1st more I think. In the second I find the bright highlights in the brass on the door a little distracting. I like both poses and the colours are lovely with the pink popping against the more mute tones.

Nice pair of photographs. I prefer the second one but I really couldn't say why, perhaps it's because the clothes are better.

Both good shots. As others have said I think I prefer #1 as the door distracts on #2

Free week
I like the natural pose of the second shot. It's a bit bright on the brass letterbox, but it's not too distracting, just a minor thing.

Week 5 :thinking: didn't realise you were doing this in an odd order I've just spent about 5 minutes thinking about the connection to spring or easter.
both good its a difficult choice between them so I won't bother choosing one, either one for me
I'm probably one of the worst for being behind at the moment @Allan.H
PULL!

'nuff said :)

Nice pix.
Trust you ;)
Certainly an interesting line in hats :)
Think i prefer the reflections shot, as in the other one my eye goes from the model to the detail in the door behind her.
Interesting, I hadn't thought of the brightness of the brasswork on the door.
Tricky choice. I like the 1st more I think. In the second I find the bright highlights in the brass on the door a little distracting. I like both poses and the colours are lovely with the pink popping against the more mute tones.
Yes, it was tricky. I went with #2 due to the balancing with the plants
Nice pair of photographs. I prefer the second one but I really couldn't say why, perhaps it's because the clothes are better.
:)
Both good shots. As others have said I think I prefer #1 as the door distracts on #2
Free week
I like the natural pose of the second shot. It's a bit bright on the brass letterbox, but it's not too distracting, just a minor thing.

Very much a spring Tim! Has an industrial feel to it.

That's a mucky spring - reminds me I need to wash my car :LOL:

Lots of detail and texture in the muckiness. (I might have made that word up!)

I knew I could really on you Tim, a nice heavy duty train spring. perfect for the theme.

Pete

Very much a spring Tim! Has an industrial feel to it.
Heavy duty, but then it has to be.
That's a mucky spring - reminds me I need to wash my car :LOL:

Lots of detail and texture in the muckiness. (I might have made that word up!)
I knew I could really on you Tim, a nice heavy duty train spring. perfect for the theme.

Pete
Handy to have them available to shoot a few yards from the office door :)

Certainly not you average out and about shot [emoji3] Once again the pink pops well against the muted colours in the rest of the pic.

A refreshing change to my local rural scene.

Spring
That's a big spring, but I guess it does have to take the weight of a train.

Out and about
Well it's not something you see every day.

Certainly not you average out and about shot [emoji3] Once again the pink pops well against the muted colours in the rest of the pic.

A refreshing change to my local rural scene.
it's great to be able to get back out to shoots like this now :)
What a wonderfully bizarre scene...fantastic Tim
:) thanks
These certainly are eye catching shots Tim, you definitely manage to find something out of the ordinary.
I aim to please ;)
That is one way to stop traffic. Looks like good fun!
it was !
What strange events you bump into
Not so much bump into, more plan to go to.
Spring
That's a big spring, but I guess it does have to take the weight of a train.

Out and about
Well it's not something you see every day.
To be fair, that's only one of many needed to take the weight.
And yes, whilst I don't see Laura every day, I think I've shot her for 3 of the past 4 weekends.

Film
I like the composition and the pose. The colours go together well too.

If you are going to do train shots I much prefer these little details rather than the overall train, so both of these work for me

L&SWR Ventilated Van.
So it's not a truck then? :)

I thought it was a boat, and thus, as Allan says, it works better for anyone who is particularly vehicle-ist :)

Really like the B&W treatment and it's a very tidy composition. The hook on the top of the frame adds interest too and looks to have been carefully placed in the frame.

If you are going to do train shots I much prefer these little details rather than the overall train, so both of these work for me
I think I've only done one full loco shot this year. I agree, these small details are more fun to do.
I'm quite fortunate that I have the access officially to do them.
So it's not a truck then? :)

I thought it was a boat, and thus, as Allan says, it works better for anyone who is particularly vehicle-ist :)

Really like the B&W treatment and it's a very tidy composition. The hook on the top of the frame adds interest too and looks to have been carefully placed in the frame.
A truck would have an open top, this is covered, so a van :)
Yes, I deliberately left the hook in. Not sure what it's for though.

Oval is definitely a shape. I like that it just disappears into blackness. It would have done for numbers also!

I agree that a lot of effort seems to have gone into making the numbers ornate. I often wonder at the time and expense that was put into quite ordinary things historically. I like the composition too - it keeps you looking and guessing.

Back