LC2's 52 Shoehorns, Cosplay and Steam Challenge for 2021 : Week 39 - Door

Nice one Tim. Great pov and perspective, all the elements come together well.

I love it! red/green/blue.

That low PoV works a treat.

Lovely perspective Tim. On both of the subjects

WOW red telephone box still in situ next to an old gas lamp, I remember there being loads of red boxes in Kingston Upon Thames when I lived up near there just by C&A. Stunning composition and the colours really pop.

Inflatable Stonehenge, that must really keep the druids chasing it round the world at summer solstice.. lovely perspective and stunning crop.

I like the way the lamp post is the star of the show, with just the right amount of the phonebox showing. Great colours, great perspective and I personally think a grey sky wouldn't have taken anything away from it.

nice perspective and an interesting object looks a little underexposed to me. changing the sky seems to be a thing these days not really a fan.

Tall - can see it reaching for the sky so fits the theme, was there an photo possible standing to the right so that there was isolation between the three elements?

Nice one Tim. Great pov and perspective, all the elements come together well.
Ta I agree, I think it works.
Ooooh a fake blue sky .....at least mine was real :) the perspective does the job Tim, it looks suitably tall.
I should take a few sky shots of my own to use in the fakery ;)
I love it! red/green/blue.

That low PoV works a treat.
Cheers. it had to be something like this or else it could have been very boring indeed.
Lovely perspective Tim. On both of the subjects
:)
Why did I not see this in you eggscelent photo :sorry: Doh..
hehe
WOW red telephone box still in situ next to an old gas lamp, I remember there being loads of red boxes in Kingston Upon Thames when I lived up near there just by C&A. Stunning composition and the colours really pop.

Inflatable Stonehenge, that must really keep the druids chasing it round the world at summer solstice.. lovely perspective and stunning crop.
The telephone boxes are still there, lying down (at least they were the last time I was in kingston town centre, which must be a year ago now.
I like the way the lamp post is the star of the show, with just the right amount of the phonebox showing. Great colours, great perspective and I personally think a grey sky wouldn't have taken anything away from it.
Thanks, I wanted some of the phone box, but I also wanted it partially hidden and in the background. I think I got it about right.
The sky really was rubbish though!
nice perspective and an interesting object looks a little underexposed to me. changing the sky seems to be a thing these days not really a fan.
I pulled the shadows up as much as I dared from the jpg, but actually I quite like it darkish. The fake sky is also quite dark (at least it's not fluffy clouds), so I thought it sort of fitted.
Would you have known the sky was fake if I hadn't mentioned it?

Tall - can see it reaching for the sky so fits the theme, was there an photo possible standing to the right so that there was isolation between the three elements?
Possibly, though then I would have got other objects in the background.
But actually, I wanted the lamppost layered on top of the phone box, so that the complementary colours were together like that :)

Works well from that angle.. I can imagine it would be pretty drab with a grey sky so can perhaps forgive the replacement this time :exit:

Tall
I like the inclusion of the phonebox and the green of the lamp post.

A bit behind with comments I'm afraid!

That sky works nicely Tim and I like the inclusion of the phone box.

Works well from that angle.. I can imagine it would be pretty drab with a grey sky so can perhaps forgive the replacement this time :exit:
:) Yes, it wasn't the most inspiring.
Tall
I like the inclusion of the phonebox and the green of the lamp post.
Cheers, it was deliberate.
Nice selection of colours and I like the composition.

I wouldn't have spotted the swap if you hadn't told me...
Well, I like to be honest about these things. I should shoot some of my own skies though, rather than using the inbuilt ones.
A bit behind with comments I'm afraid!

That sky works nicely Tim and I like the inclusion of the phone box.
Cheers.

Week 6 - Pair

A pair of DC Super Villains - Harley & Ivy.

Lit with a couple of bare gelled speedlights (blue & orange) at 1/128th power (lowest) and f/9.
I feel the light was soft enough given that the Fresnel heads on the speedlights are much larger than the lego figures.

Does this count as filling the frame? I'll see what the comments feel before ticking that off.
Edit - Consensus is no then...

TP 52 for 2021 : Week 6 - Pair
by Tim White, on Flickr

Last edited:
Works weel Tim :)

Fill the frame, meh, wouldn't have thought so, I'll leave it to Cobra.

Pair
The gel has done a good job. The colours on the figures have also come out well.
Not sure about filling the frame I'm afraid.

Nice lighting and fits the theme well.

Really like the lighting effort you've gone to with this. Guessing they're out at a nightclub somewhere? I definitely think the gels add atmosphere and interest.

It's not really a filled frame for me, but it's not my decision :)

Two of my favourite things Lego and DC films :LOL: no comment on the other matter.

Ok, so I had to look up DC films... I'm certainly learning about a variety of subjects in the 52!
Looks good to me but not what I would categorise as filling the frame... sorry ;)

They're almost holding hands, must be a couple pair.

Works weel Tim :)
Ta Dave.
Fill the frame, meh, wouldn't have thought so, I'll leave it to Cobra.
Pair
The gel has done a good job. The colours on the figures have also come out well.
Not sure about filling the frame I'm afraid.
Cheers, I do enjoy playing with coloured lighting when I get a chance
Nice lighting and fits the theme well.
Really like the lighting effort you've gone to with this. Guessing they're out at a nightclub somewhere? I definitely think the gels add atmosphere and interest.

It's not really a filled frame for me, but it's not my decision :)
It wasn't much effort tbh. rogue gels fit quite nicely and standing a couple of speedlights on their side 3" from the models was quite straightforward.
Hardest bit was finding the batteries ;)
Good shot Tim, sadly not filling the frame though.
Two of my favourite things Lego and DC films :LOL: no comment on the other matter.
I knew you'd love it Allan ;)
Ok, so I had to look up DC films... I'm certainly learning about a variety of subjects in the 52!
Looks good to me but not what I would categorise as filling the frame... sorry ;)
The Harley & Ivy animated series was on C4 recently I think.
They're almost holding hands, must be a couple pair.
No, you were right the first time. it has been confirmed as cannon in issue 25 of Gotham City Sirens.

I did think I was pushing it a bit for filling the frame. Ah well.
I'll have to fit that into my 'snappers choice' when I get around to it...

I had the last laugh, I had the final grin, Threw you into the asylum...with Harley Quinn!! Turned two face, to black and blue face and I am 100% not Bruce Wain!! YEAAAHHHHH!!

Can't beat a bit of Lego Batman! Nice shot.

Hi Tim,

My first visit to your 52 and enjoyed looking through your shots to date. Loved the "dirty" shot, very well done and good fun. I hadn't heard about the inflatable stonehenge, would have been fun with the kids.

Lego characters are always good for a photo. Nice bright colours, does the image in the background have a relevance, otherwise I do find it slightly distracting.

I'd have thought they did fill the frame and am now a bit worried about managing to do this myself. I almost ticked it off with my stone picture. Hmm

Very colourful Pair image. I like the background, which with the gels, does make it look night clubbish - as someone suggested.

I had the last laugh, I had the final grin, Threw you into the asylum...with Harley Quinn!! Turned two face, to black and blue face and I am 100% not Bruce Wain!! YEAAAHHHHH!!

Can't beat a bit of Lego Batman! Nice shot.
I like the lighting Tim, it brings out those bright colours nicely.
Hi Tim,

My first visit to your 52 and enjoyed looking through your shots to date. Loved the "dirty" shot, very well done and good fun. I hadn't heard about the inflatable stonehenge, would have been fun with the kids.

Lego characters are always good for a photo. Nice bright colours, does the image in the background have a relevance, otherwise I do find it slightly distracting.
Stonehenge was fun with the kids. Not sure how I first heard of it, might have been on Diamond Geezer's blog
The background to pair doesn't have any relevance, it was just to hand. Viewed on this laptop it's dark and subtle, but I have noticed on my Benq it does jump out more. More distance and maybe a flag would have helped.
Model CosPlay figures, what next. Interesting and works well.

Pete
Did you miss my Dominatrix Harley and Deadpool from last year then? ;)
I'd have thought they did fill the frame and am now a bit worried about managing to do this myself. I almost ticked it off with my stone picture. Hmm

Very colourful Pair image. I like the background, which with the gels, does make it look night clubbish - as someone suggested.
The gels did help make it more interesting :)

Week 9 - Reflection

Very much not a reflection of, rather reflections in.

The light was glinting off the loco nicely for maybe 5 minutes yesterday evening while it was being delivered.
If it had arrived earlier, it was dull and grey, later and the light would have been gone.

Anyway... A visitor to the Mid Hants from the Bodmin and Wenford Railway, which all being well will be out to play at the end of May.

TP 52 for 2021 : Week 9 - Reflection
by Tim White, on Flickr

Lovely golden light. Really interesting as I wouldn't have thought of that for reflection, but it certainly is reflecting so fits the theme! That magic window of opportunity with the light. Perfect delivery time!

That's some cracking reflected light Tim (y)

Back