LC2's 52 Shoehorns, Cosplay and Steam Challenge for 2021 : Week 39 - Door

LC2

Negan
Name
Tim
Edit My Images
Yes
Week Zero - Nearby

Blimey, it's not Cosplay, Railway or even a Shoehorn. How on earth did that happen...
One of the greats to come from our little town, Sir Mo Farah, celebrated in artwork.

The council, in their usual ignorant fashion, have slapped a One-Way sign up ruining the view - which I've had to clone out.

Sir Mo Farah of Feltham
by Tim White, on Flickr

Really nice tidy composition. Works well.

Nice bit of art!

Very nice shot of Mo, a very good runner too.
Really nice tidy composition. Works well.
Nice bit of art!
Cheers Chaps. As mentioned, I did have to do a bit of pp to get the image as clean as that, but I knew that when I took it and made sure that as far as possible, I was simplifying any editing that would be required.
I do think the artist did a very good job of reproducing Mo's features and expression there. :)

You have done a good job with the edit can't tell there was a sign in front, its a nice mural, Im all for more walls painted in such a way.

You have done a good job with the edit can't tell there was a sign in front, its a nice mural, Im all for more walls painted in such a way.
Cheers Allan. As i say, I tried to frame the shot to make editing as easy as possible. But I guess that's the difference between taking a photo and taking a snapshot.
Nicely edited, and a car cry from last year's opening Lo-Cal [emoji16]

The framing and composition are spot on.
Yes, Lo-Cal was far better :)

it's not Cosplay, Railway or even a Shoehorn. How on earth did that happen...
Start as you meant to go on Tim :D
That's a cracking piece of art work.
Well processed (y)
Now, about that pipe bottom left 1/3rd .....

;)

Start as you meant to go on Tim :D
That's a cracking piece of art work.
Well processed (y)
Now, about that pipe bottom left 1/3rd .....

;)
I don't actually mind that pipe, it's part of the building and not really intrusive.
This is what I started with
DSCF5583.jpg
As you can see, I removed the more obtrusive objects.
The yellow pipe was originally painted to match the mural - seems it's been repainted at some point.
The One-Way sign must have been erected in the last 6 months, I was surprised it was one way - it wasn't last time I drove down there!
I made sure that I kept the tree off of the building, to simplify the edit.

Nice one for the theme Tim .... I think you live in the same London Borough as Sir Mo. And this is a good representation of that place.

Amazing mural - true to his image. Nicely captured.

So annoying when they stick signs in front of them. Don't they realise we all want to photograph them?

Amazing mural - true to his image. Nicely captured.

So annoying when they stick signs in front of them. Don't they realise we all want to photograph them?
Exactly. Still it does help to keep the photoshop skills up :)
A striking piece of artwork and you've got the best out of it Tim.
Thanks Pete. The art is pretty impressive isn't it.

Week 1 - Fruit

Raspberry Jam is fruit right?

They could be lemon curd, or custard. I like custard doughnuts, could I pretend they were custard doughnuts? Custard is a fruit, right? Near enough?

• Haha
Reactions: LC2
Mmmmmm Donuts!

Nice :)

Fruit
I do like a doughnut, although I'm not a fan of custard filled ones.
Good black background and nicely arranged on the board.

I might have put them on a plate? they are a similar colour to the chopping board and maybe cut one in half to show the "fruit" filling.
but otherwise nice idea

Can't beat a good donut or two, nice shot Tim.
(y)
Fruit
I do like a doughnut, although I'm not a fan of custard filled ones.
Good black background and nicely arranged on the board.
Custard has to be my least favourite I think.
Yes they should be oozing red. ;)
Tesco's finest - So oozing wasn't an option. Interestingly it seems they inject the jam through the middle, and not the edge like the old days.
I might have put them on a plate? they are a similar colour to the chopping board and maybe cut one in half to show the "fruit" filling.
but otherwise nice idea
I did ponder a plate, but our good plates are the dark Denby blue, so would not have stood out from the background. I deliberately chose the chopping board as it colour matched the doughnuts. I do get where you're coming from though, maybe a different colour in there would have had more impact.

The donut is the king of fruits! :ROFLMAO:

The black background is a cool quirky touch, like a floating board of donuts.

Raspberry Jam is fruit right?
Shot in honour of @Cobra having to award a couple of donuts this early in the 52.
:LOL:
Cheers Tim :D

Nicely presented BUT just one very large compliant ...
They aint Strawberry Jam its the one and only true donut (y)

Is the use of a crowbar still a thing around these parts? ;) Asking for a friend :D
A well lit image all the same, maybe just a wee bit too central in the frame for me but good work Tim.

Is the use of a crowbar still a thing around these parts? ;) Asking for a friend :D
A well lit image all the same, maybe just a wee bit too central in the frame for me but good work Tim.
I do try to have less than 50% of my shot on theme ;)
I did wonder if it was a bit too central, but I didn't have much more space. I did place the doughnuts on the top third...
I did also consider extending the background in PS (as it's black and would have been simple), but decided to leave it as was.

Nicely lit Tim, though I might have cropped a bit of the bottom. I prefer an apple donut myself.

I'm surprised that I didn't get a week 1 Donut. I shifted the post pretty damn quick though :)

Nicely lit Tim, though I might have cropped a bit of the bottom. I prefer an apple donut myself.

I'm surprised that I didn't get a week 1 Donut. I shifted the post pretty damn quick though :)
But then I'd have lost the thirds...
I think Snaky spotted the donuts, but was feeling generous for week one ;)
Yum ...doughnuts ....good to see something different for the theme, but I really would like to see some nice fruity jam to emphasise the theme. That’s because I prefer custard doughnuts and I can’t tell which ones they are :)
Yes, I could have done something like that i guess, or as was also suggested, I could have cut one open.
Considerations for next time I guess :)

Tim,
I loved the picture of Mo, I think your editing was just right. My eyes were drawn to the brick building to the right, I think I personally may have edited that out too just to give me a more symmetrical picture.
Donuts.. yep I think one of those is mine... I got a bit carried away commenting one afternoon luckily the one Cobra threw at me was Jam so I am happy. Nicely composed and sweet as.

My first visit in quite a few days and I see donuts!!! Or are they doughnuts?

I thought somebody might post a glass of wine, but this is thinking out of the (cake) box. Very good and really nicely lit!

It's interesting how some of the comments in my head would apply just as much to my own shot...

I did also consider extending the background in PS (as it's black and would have been simple), but decided to leave it as was.

I think an extended background have worked better (same as my shotfor the week). To me, this looks like a photo of a "thing" and not very interesting (same as my shot) maybe a cut to show the (fruity) jam leaking out, or a different arrangement? However it is well lit with no hard shadows. I also love donuts and this pic made my mouth water which has invoked an emotional reaction so what more could you want from a photo?

Tasty shot. Getting ahead by awarding yourself some donuts? I admire anyone that takes the time to play around with still life, lights and the like - looks good to me :)

Works very well with the black background. Nicely shot.
Thanks David.
Tim,
I loved the picture of Mo, I think your editing was just right. My eyes were drawn to the brick building to the right, I think I personally may have edited that out too just to give me a more symmetrical picture.
Donuts.. yep I think one of those is mine... I got a bit carried away commenting one afternoon luckily the one Cobra threw at me was Jam so I am happy. Nicely composed and sweet as.
I did ponder taking the building out too, but decided to leave it as I felt if anything was going to drag the eye away from Mo, it would be the brighter parts of the clouds.
I figured with the amount of donuts I've collected over the years for posting in the wrong thread, it was about time I posted one myself :)
My first visit in quite a few days and I see donuts!!! Or are they doughnuts?

I thought somebody might post a glass of wine, but this is thinking out of the (cake) box. Very good and really nicely lit!
Doughnuts (Actually, I have no idea what Tesco call them - hopefully not the septic version).
Well shoe horned...

Nicely done!
Ta :)
It's interesting how some of the comments in my head would apply just as much to my own shot...

I think an extended background have worked better (same as my shotfor the week). To me, this looks like a photo of a "thing" and not very interesting (same as my shot) maybe a cut to show the (fruity) jam leaking out, or a different arrangement? However it is well lit with no hard shadows. I also love donuts and this pic made my mouth water which has invoked an emotional reaction so what more could you want from a photo?
I might have a play extending the background, just to see. I'm not happy with the lighting though. It's not bad, but it's not got a lot of life. I wonder if playing with the exposure (maybe just highlights) would give it more appeal.
Tasty shot. Getting ahead by awarding yourself some donuts? I admire anyone that takes the time to play around with still life, lights and the like - looks good to me :)
Well, I'm not really one for this sort of shot, but I think we're all going to have to get used to them again for a bit.
I can't wait to be able to get out and start doing people photos again (and then shoe-horning them in).

Back