LC2's 52 Shoehorns, Cosplay and Steam Challenge for 2021 : Week 39 - Door

Eggscellent :)

Reactions: LC2
I'm afraid my parents are long dead so I can't ask them. I thought it was a reference to the film The Dirty Dozen but then I see there are thirteen of them, so I thought Baker's Dozen then I completely lost the thread as that's got nothing to do with 'dirty'. So, I'm afraid I have missed the point -- senior moment perhaps.

I'm afraid my parents are long dead so I can't ask them. I thought it was a reference to the film The Dirty Dozen but then I see there are thirteen of them, so I thought Baker's Dozen then I completely lost the thread as that's got nothing to do with 'dirty'. So, I'm afraid I have missed the point -- senior moment perhaps.
You got it straight away :)
The one on his own is the General (Lee Marvin)
I'm quite pleased with my drawing of Bronson and Savalas. The rest not so much.

Dirty
It looks good Tim, I didn't get it straight away, but your eggcellent artwork got me there in the end.

Excellent, I'm not an idiot after all.

Very clever Tim, (y)
I must say I am somewhat relieved after your other comment though :D

Very clever, I really like that and it’s reminded me I haven’t seen that film for years :)

Lovely lighting. Well done (y) Thanks for sharing the tissue paper technique.

You got it straight away :)
The one on his own is the General (Lee Marvin)
I'm quite pleased with my drawing of Bronson and Savalas. The rest not so much.

Ah ha ha! I like Bronson. Very good [emoji23]

I thought it was going to be something to do with salmonella or Edwina Curry.

Nicely captured!

:D
Nice one Tim, I do like a bit of humour in photography, good work.

What a great idea Tim ....that looks great. Some dodgy looking characters in there :)
Dirty
It looks good Tim, I didn't get it straight away, but your eggcellent artwork got me there in the end.
Ha ha! That’s quality [emoji122]
Excellent, I'm not an idiot after all.
Nope, you were bang on. Everyone forgets the General.
Nice idea Tim and you've put a lot of work into it.
Very clever Tim, (y)
I must say I am somewhat relieved after your other comment though :D
Cracking shot Tim.
Very clever, I really like that and it’s reminded me I haven’t seen that film for years :)
Lovely lighting. Well done (y) Thanks for sharing the tissue paper technique.
It saved me getting out a softbox and playing with flash or the modeling light. It's not like they were going anywhere so that I had to freeze motion or anything. But I did have to defuse the light to avoid specular highlights.
Ah ha ha! I like Bronson. Very good [emoji23]

I thought it was going to be something to do with salmonella or Edwina Curry.

Nicely captured!
:D
Nice one Tim, I do like a bit of humour in photography, good work.
What a cracker of an idea for the theme, Tim. :clap:
Cheers everyone. I enjoyed putting that together.
it was never going to be the most enthralling shot in the world, but it did make me chuckle.

Week 3 - Stone

Re-Edit from the archive. Jeremy Deller's inflatable Stonehenge "Sacrilege" from back in 2012 when it toured the local parks.
I caught it at Ravenscourt Park and Hayes (Middlesex) - Yes there shots of me bouncing on it with my kids. No I'm not posting them ;)
From a quick google, it's been all around the world now!

It's nice to showcase an image where we're not worrying about socially distancing :)

Week 3 - Stones
by Tim White, on Flickr

Last edited:
I remember that doing the rounds though I never saw it didn’t realise how big it was

Well that one passed me by! How brilliant is an inflatable Stone Henge! :-D
I remember that doing the rounds though I never saw it didn’t realise how big it was
Now that it is one hell of a cool shot Tim, an inflatable Stonehenge brill.
It's full size Allan. And the closest kids these days get to climbing on the real thing like we were able to as kids.
I appreciate they want to prevent damage to the stones, but viewing from behinds the ropes doesn't let you feel the immensity of the stone close up.

That's a bit bonkers that - I like it :)

Stone
I had never heard about an inflatable Stonehenge. I like the letter box crop.

Inflatable Stonehenge, who'd have thought it?

Yes there shots of me bouncing on it with my kids. No I'm not posting them ;)
As you are fond of saying PABD :D

Inflatable Stonehenge! You're having us on.(?)

Dirty Dozen.

Simply brilliant in conception and execution.

Stonehenge

Nice record of an interesting subject.

I will admit to a double take when I first saw this and thought that it was one of the few days when you can get properly close to the stones - but the idea of an inflatable and bouncy Stonehenge is great! Wish I'd seen it when it was doing the rounds...

Never heard about this. I stopped my initial of knee jerk reaction to tut-tut over lack of social distancing :)
Works well as a pano.

Dirty Dozen.

Simply brilliant in conception and execution.

Stonehenge

Nice record of an interesting subject.
I will admit to a double take when I first saw this and thought that it was one of the few days when you can get properly close to the stones - but the idea of an inflatable and bouncy Stonehenge is great! Wish I'd seen it when it was doing the rounds...
Well that's just awesome that exists!

The crop shows it off nicely.
Never heard about this. I stopped my initial of knee jerk reaction to tut-tut over lack of social distancing :)
Works well as a pano.
Glad you all liked it.
Shame to do a re-edit so early in the year, but I couldn't get any enthusiasm up for the theme :/

Week 4 - Tall

The beauty of a small sensor is that you get a lot of DoF very easily.
Taken with the camera on the floor to give the unusual perspective, blind as there is no flip out screen on the TZ8.
Deliberately composed to place the old phone box behind the gas Lamp Post.

I may have faked the sky as drab flat grey isn't very appealing ;)

TP 52 for 2021 : Week 4 - Tall
by Tim White, on Flickr

Back