LC2's Cosplay & Railway Shoehorns for 2019 - COMPLETED - Week LII - Out Take

Nice shot Tim! Really like bleak tones of this one. Tracks take your eyes off into the distance.

Very nice, I like the muted colours :)

It does indeed work, the limited colour palette gives it a nice feel

Certainly gives you the impression of a bygone era. Like how you have composed to look into the distance of the train line to see the next incoming train. looking at the platforms looks like it will be a little while before one arrives. Off to look at my lightroom presets. Cannot recall this setting.

Good Shot for Cold (Eyes). Certainly chilling as they pierce into the viewers own eyes.

Wow, i'm amazed that was taken at that time. My missus gets into Waterloo every day around 8.20am and it's total carnage.

Nicely taken and really like all the detail all over the image

Hi Tim I'm back on to commenting after catching up with my images

New - Great idea for the theme something a little different love the B&W conversion it works really well.

Clean - Great take on the theme the sock adds some extra interest to the image

Open - Yep that works nice and simple image that really draws your eye.

Distant - Lovely image love the tracks leading you off into the distance

Cold - That's a cracking image Tim very menacing and yes the eyes look cold great capture.

Waiting - Love the subdued colours of this, great pov works really well for me. Although I'm not sure I'd like to be there when the train actually arrived!!

It does indeed work, the limited colour palette gives it a nice feel
Thanks Allan, I was quited pleased with the way it turned out.
You have managed to capture exactly what you were aiming for. Good composition and pov
And a fair bit of luck too :)
Nice shot and good PP in this image Tim, liking it how you edited it as it gives it an old type of station look.
Aye, that's what I was aiming for
Great image Tim.
I really like the desaturated/muted look....classy.
Expertly processed and great composition.
Theme fitment rating....10/10.
(y)
Blimey, I'm not sure it's up to that level.
I really like this Tim. Iam going to have to try this preset for sure., It’s given me a few ideas
They are good staring points, for sure. Saves dropping into Nik.
Yes, that processing works very well, Tim. Along with all those vertical and horizontal lines, strong foreground interest and the track leading your eye through the scene (y)

It looks unbelievably quiet for that time of day!
Yes, I guess there must have been some kind of issue / delay as those platforms usually have a train sitting in them at that time.
Certainly gives you the impression of a bygone era. Like how you have composed to look into the distance of the train line to see the next incoming train. looking at the platforms looks like it will be a little while before one arrives. Off to look at my lightroom presets. Cannot recall this setting.
There isn't anything on the departure boards (not that it means a great deal).
Good Shot for Cold (Eyes). Certainly chilling as they pierce into the viewers own eyes.
Cheers
Wow, i'm amazed that was taken at that time. My missus gets into Waterloo every day around 8.20am and it's total carnage.

Nicely taken and really like all the detail all over the image
I rock up at 08:50 usually, it was unusual.
Hi Tim I'm back on to commenting after catching up with my images

New - Great idea for the theme something a little different love the B&W conversion it works really well.

Clean - Great take on the theme the sock adds some extra interest to the image

Open - Yep that works nice and simple image that really draws your eye.

Distant - Lovely image love the tracks leading you off into the distance

Cold - That's a cracking image Tim very menacing and yes the eyes look cold great capture.

Waiting - Love the subdued colours of this, great pov works really well for me. Although I'm not sure I'd like to be there when the train actually arrived!!
Hi Mark, welcome back :) we've been missing your car shots. I had to look back at a couple of those earlier shot to remember what they were!
Nice shot I do like the track curving off out of site :)
I'll be sure to mention that to the architects next time I'm back in the mid 19th century ;) :coat:

Never seen it I am afraid but if he needs to walk with a bat like that it must be rough :O
nice capture and pose looks good :D

Great capture, Tim.
I imagine the guy in the shot was collaborating rather than threatening!!
He doesn't look like like a real ruffian to me, but walking around with a baseball bat which has barbed wire (?) wrapped around it …… Well, I wouldn't stay to find out.

His neighbourhood is only rough because he's there smashing people's brains out with a barbed wire baseball bat :LOL: I'm a couple of seasons behind with the TWD now as I gave up, so I have no idea if he's still around!

Back to the image though, I think it's great. Fans of the show instantly know who it is. The model's pose works well and the background is just blurred enough to make him stand out. Good job.

Reactions: LC2
Hi Tim

It's time I got round to yours again.

Clean, a good image of a washing machine, well cropped and the green sock left adds interest and asks the question whether the other one feels lonely.

Open, Simple, effective, enought said.

Distant, interesting going back to childhood image, used to love the steam trains and the mechanical signals and level crossings manned by people and signal boxes. The signal frames the picture well and the train disappering into the distant. nice clouds as well. Nice one.

Cold, rather creepy image, which is what you were after. Good tones.

Waiting, an interesting shot Tim, really good, perfect for the theme and your processing works well.

Rough, He's not that rough looking to be honest, but it works well enough, I'm sure you could have processed it to be rougher, like darkening the background so what.

Pete

I think you need to be familiar with the character to really understand "rough" - beats me why anyone would want to emulate him though. Maybe a tighter crop to remove the bg people?

Never seen it I am afraid but if he needs to walk with a bat like that it must be rough :O
nice capture and pose looks good :D
Great capture, Tim.
I imagine the guy in the shot was collaborating rather than threatening!!
He doesn't look like like a real ruffian to me, but walking around with a baseball bat which has barbed wire (?) wrapped around it …… Well, I wouldn't stay to find out.
Er yes, carefully posed so that Lucille was framed against the window, rather than lost in the building.
He does look a bit rough, but have never watched any of those comedies at all.
He looks a bit too well-groomed and turned out to be really 'rough', until you see the 'barbed wire' wrapped around the bat so I think that counts! :D
Great image Tim.
I too have not seen The Walking Dead, but as others have said....it's all about the bat!!
You know you're in a rough neighbourhood if you see something like that....definitely says 'Rough' to me!
Nice work Tim.(y)
I'm quite surprised that none of you have watch the Walking Dead (Dave, it's not in the vein of Shaun of the Dead).
You really ought to in order to pick up tips for the forthcoming Zombie Apocalypse !!!
His neighbourhood is only rough because he's there smashing people's brains out with a barbed wire baseball bat :LOL: I'm a couple of seasons behind with the TWD now as I gave up, so I have no idea if he's still around!

Back to the image though, I think it's great. Fans of the show instantly know who it is. The model's pose works well and the background is just blurred enough to make him stand out. Good job.
I'm not up to date either Carl, but yes he's still alive in season 9.
Hi Tim

It's time I got round to yours again.

Clean, a good image of a washing machine, well cropped and the green sock left adds interest and asks the question whether the other one feels lonely.

Open, Simple, effective, enought said.

Distant, interesting going back to childhood image, used to love the steam trains and the mechanical signals and level crossings manned by people and signal boxes. The signal frames the picture well and the train disappering into the distant. nice clouds as well. Nice one.

Cold, rather creepy image, which is what you were after. Good tones.

Waiting, an interesting shot Tim, really good, perfect for the theme and your processing works well.

Rough, He's not that rough looking to be honest, but it works well enough, I'm sure you could have processed it to be rougher, like darkening the background so what.

Pete
Ta, I could have processed the shot differently I guess, but I was mid-way through processing around 300 shots from the Sunday, so left it quite neutral.
I think you need to be familiar with the character to really understand "rough" - beats me why anyone would want to emulate him though. Maybe a tighter crop to remove the bg people?
Have you not noticed my avatar? (To be honest, he's easy to Cosplay - that's probably why).

I did notice he the same character that you use, I agree with the above comments about him not looking that rough but I do think the backgrounds on a lot of your shots (yes I did have a look on Flickr, I have booked myself in for some therapy) are a little distracting, I’m not sure what you can do about it, it must be difficult.

nicely composed shot, with just enough grimace :)
Cheers. He was smiling far too much in the other shots I took (and not the evil "I'm about to kill you" smile either).
I did notice he the same character that you use, I agree with the above comments about him not looking that rough but I do think the backgrounds on a lot of your shots (yes I did have a look on Flickr, I have booked myself in for some therapy) are a little distracting, I’m not sure what you can do about it, it must be difficult.
Blimey Allan, that was brave/dedicated of you :)
You're right, the backgrounds are an absolute nightmare most of the time, though I quite liked Cat Noir perched on a wall from last weekend.
We had a fake brick wall backgrouns a couple of weeks ago in Bristol, but then that gets samey.
That said, I'm looking to get shots of a good proportion of the cosplayers as they make such an effort, but rarely get to see the photos that get taken of them. I make sure that everyone who I get shots of know where to look for their photos.
I leave the arty (10 hours of pp per shot) images to people like pixelwizard who might only take shots of 1/2 a dozen cosplayers, but will then spends days producing 1 or 2 hugely processed images with completely new backgrounds etc.
Anther one who has never seen it here! I had to Google it. A good shot and the bat makes it - it looks like it really means business!
Lucille, her name is Lucille named after his dead wife.

Have you got a number of these? It looks like a different bat to the one in the "rough" shot.

You got some nice bit of Dof in the image, BG really makes the bat pop plus good colours.
Classic Chrome FTW Dave.
Have you got a number of these? It looks like a different bat to the one in the "rough" shot.
This one is my Lucille for when I'm cosplaying Negan, the bat in 'Rough' was his own version.
@minx was waving this around out in public so I could get the shot with a decent wall behind it. I'm not sure what passers by might have thought :police:

... I'm not sure what passers by might have thought :police:

I could hazard a guess!!:LOL:

Cracking shot Tim!
Love where you placed the focus....part way down the bat, nicely done....really focuses ones attention on where it might be heading!
Great shot!(y)

That plastic bat isn’t going to hurt anyone but I like the angle of it in the frame and the DoF

I could hazard a guess!!:LOL:

Cracking shot Tim!
Love where you placed the focus....part way down the bat, nicely done....really focuses ones attention on where it might be heading!
Great shot!(y)
:)
That plastic bat isn’t going to hurt anyone but I like the angle of it in the frame and the DoF
It foam/rubber rather than plastic, but yes, it's convention safe. Convincing enough from a distance though.
Interestingly, when I was looking for one of these, at the London Comic Con they were selling real baseball bats wrapped in barbed wire.
Tempting, but no use for conventions...
I like the angle you have place it at Tim. Colours are nice. I might have focused on the next piece of wire up.
Focuss was where I wanted it, but that's purely a 'too taste' thing.
That is a brutal object, great use of the grey background brings Lucille right to your eye. Nice shot.
A brick wall at the side of a warehouse, toned down a bit using classic chrome.

Back