LC2's Cosplay & Railway Shoehorns for 2019 - COMPLETED - Week LII - Out Take

I was going to do similar as I am on the flight path for the airport i work at, but now there are 2 of these I will ned to thank of something else. Nice shot, could maybe be improved with a little more exposure :)
Just 'cos Stan & I have done it already is no reason not to add your own take on it. I didn't want to push the exposure as there was a danger of losing the sky.
A good shot for above Tim. I too really like the way the white of the aircraft Pops against the grey sky. If it were mine, I may lift the shadows on the underside a touch.
I did (selected it first) a little. I didn't want to push it too far though.
FOOD - interesting story behind the signs. I prefer the second I guess because of the light/shadows..
SMOOTH - ??
ABOVE - nice and sharp plane shot. Looks very good against the grey sky.
Smooth will come later when I've thought of something fitting :) I'm not sure the plane is all that sharp, but then I've never been convinced about the 70-300L on the 80D at the long end, but cba to fiddle with the FMA as they rarely get used these days.
The crappy sky makes this shot a cracker, as the plane stands out beautifully Tim.
Ta Dave, it does work against teh sky, but only because I was able to get light shining on the plane itself. It was a case of taking a reasonable number of take-offs and looking through to see what was lit the best.

A cracker of a shot Tim!(y)
As others have said, the plane really pops against that moody sky....fab light, great contrasts and nice, subtle processing.
I think it's plenty sharp enough too, with some very nice details (although I can't view it on Flickr....seems to be broken at the moment).

Above
For a crop, it looks good to me. Waiting for the right light has paid off. So all in all it's a fine effort.

Food - I like it. Do we class these as shoehorns or just thinking outside of the box :) Works for me

Above - that also works. Bang on theme, and looks really sharp

Hi Tim, I'm on a marathon catch up.

FREE week, the stand out image for me is the Monty Python one, its definitely unusual and eye catching, although I do love the expression on Tinkerbells face!

ENTRANCE I like the fact you've posted two complete opposites, the Tate Modern reminds me more of sixties style ...well that bit does anyway, such a contrast with the detail in the station entrance.

YOUNG these youngsters sure like dressing up don't they, I definitely like the closer crop, it's so much better, its annoying when people get in the way :)

FOOD I like the added history, a plain simple image works well.

SMOOTH awaiting image :)

ABOVE Well that's handy sitting in your garden taking a shot for the week, I guessed there would be some planes, we don't see many here. It's a good clear shot, the plain sky sets it off well.

Nice, The contrast between the bright white of the plain and the dark grey moody sky is awesome. Nice simple composition too.
Thanks Carl :)
A cracker of a shot Tim!(y)
As others have said, the plane really pops against that moody sky....fab light, great contrasts and nice, subtle processing.
I think it's plenty sharp enough too, with some very nice details (although I can't view it on Flickr....seems to be broken at the moment).
I wouldn't go that far, but I do like the light on the plane vs the brooding sky.
Above
For a crop, it looks good to me. Waiting for the right light has paid off. So all in all it's a fine effort.
Cheers Dominic. The light is what makes it, otherwise it's just a boring shot of a plane
Food - I like it. Do we class these as shoehorns or just thinking outside of the box :) Works for me

Above - that also works. Bang on theme, and looks really sharp

Hi Tim, I'm on a marathon catch up.

FREE week, the stand out image for me is the Monty Python one, its definitely unusual and eye catching, although I do love the expression on Tinkerbells face!

ENTRANCE I like the fact you've posted two complete opposites, the Tate Modern reminds me more of sixties style ...well that bit does anyway, such a contrast with the detail in the station entrance.

YOUNG these youngsters sure like dressing up don't they, I definitely like the closer crop, it's so much better, its annoying when people get in the way :)

FOOD I like the added history, a plain simple image works well.

SMOOTH awaiting image :)

ABOVE Well that's handy sitting in your garden taking a shot for the week, I guessed there would be some planes, we don't see many here. It's a good clear shot, the plain sky sets it off well.
I'm busy doing catch-ups too! if you liked the shots for Free and Young, you should like this week's too :)

I'm worried now :wideyed:,
somebody is going to be the centre of attention at the next cosplay event aren't they :snaphappy:

:love:

Think that should read NOT NOT NOT, but @Cobra might like it :D
It`s a good fun shot for sure.
Shall I wear it to the London Fuji Meetup Dave?
I'm worried now :wideyed:,
somebody is going to be the centre of attention at the next cosplay event aren't they :snaphappy:

:love:
I probably will get one or two pictures taken :)
Well that's not something you see every day.
Thank God ( or what ever deity) for that!
I could post these daily if you like?

Hi Tim,
Hot - Jeez! I nearly fell on me perch!! Great fun shot and I'm sure it fits the theme (in your head) :LOL:
Smooth - A cracking triptych. I never knew they were there. An excellent interpretation of the theme. :clap:

Hot!

MY EYES! Cannot be unseen!

Nice shot though :D

Who did your make-up?:eek:
That lipstick needs some work....but I feel that this may be the least of your problems!!!:LOL:

I'm only kidding Tim, you're braver than me, bravo for showing this image!:clap:
It's fun and horrendously entertaining, and your pose/expression?....hilarious!

Your 'smooth' catch up image is top notch!(y)
Very creative, and well taken.
I'm ashamed to admit that I have never walked across the 'wobbly' bridge yet....but if I do I will definitely look out for this....if it's still there!

Well, I can't un-see that. :oops: :$

Creative and well taken though, so well done!

Smooth is cool, not something I've seen before so it's very interesting.

Smooth is really nice. Lovely the detail in the artwork and very good framing

Hot - dear God, i've dressed up a few times for fancy dress parties but that's nailed it.

Well... Sory it's taken a few weeks to get back to the 52, I've been busy editing shots from a few conventions.
Somewhere in the region of 2000 shots to start with, so...

Anyhow...

That`s a cool shot for smooth Tim, a good above pov to take the shot.
To be fair, I don't think any other POV was viable. Something for the July meet @Dave70D ?
Hi Tim,
Hot - Jeez! I nearly fell on me perch!! Great fun shot and I'm sure it fits the theme (in your head) :LOL:
Smooth - A cracking triptych. I never knew they were there. An excellent interpretation of the theme. :clap:
The wobbly bridge is part of my walk to work, so I guess I've had plenty of chances to look at them, but I bet many / most people miss them as they'd be looking at St Pauls, The Tate Modern, or along the Thames.
Hot!

MY EYES! Cannot be unseen!

Nice shot though :D
'sfunny, I've had that reaction a lot. (The unseen bit). Didn't come out too badly for a selfie on the phone.
Who did your make-up?:eek:
That lipstick needs some work....but I feel that this may be the least of your problems!!!:LOL:

I'm only kidding Tim, you're braver than me, bravo for showing this image!:clap:
It's fun and horrendously entertaining, and your pose/expression?....hilarious!

Your 'smooth' catch up image is top notch!(y)
Very creative, and well taken.
I'm ashamed to admit that I have never walked across the 'wobbly' bridge yet....but if I do I will definitely look out for this....if it's still there!
I did most of the makeup. It was a first attempt, I'm a bit better at it now. The lipstick isn't actually smudged enough!!!
I've now actually worn that cosplay out in Bristol...
I've not seen Ben doing any more artwork recently, but the bridge is being worked on at the moment, so maybe that's why. The art is still there, albeit slowly wearing away.
That's very different for Smooth and I like your thinking behind the shot.
Cheers Stan. Not the easiest shots to take on a busy Saturday either.
Well, I can't un-see that. :oops: :$

Creative and well taken though, so well done!

Smooth is cool, not something I've seen before so it's very interesting.
Re Smooth - I do like to try to bring something new to the party every now and then :)
Smooth is really nice. Lovely the detail in the artwork and very good framing

Hot - dear God, i've dressed up a few times for fancy dress parties but that's nailed it.
I'm working on a Tank Girl cosplay too. Not ready to show off here yet though.
Tim, hot wow what a shot , I could never do that fair play ! Your imagination is fantastic !
It takes far less confidence to do cosplay than it does to take photos of strangers. I bet you could.
HOT - excellent and brave!
SMOOTH - Well, I never. How bizarre! This artist just decorates chewing gum! Cool.
His artwork really does brighten the place up. London's answer to Banksy perhaps?

If any of you are in London on the mornings of the Friday / Saturday of MCM (24-25/5) you might spot me wandering through Waterloo or on the Jubilee / DLR dressed as Harley.

Good job for light, I really like the way you've handled the exposure on this and that you've left the light source out of the image.

Good job for light, I really like the way you've handled the exposure on this and that you've left the light source out of the image.
I did actually leave part of the light source in the shot, it's more visible on flickr.
I could have removed it but actually preferred to keep it in to give it something else in the image.

Nice idea not sure it quite works :thinking: , I like the fact you have left the strong light source from the top right but perhaps a little foreground interest might work.
I'm not sure what that would be though,

don't thank me, always happy to help (y)

Reactions: LC2
Nicely done for light there Tim. Just enough coming through to bring out the detail of the tree

Back