LC2's Cosplay & Railway Shoehorns for 2019 - COMPLETED - Week LII - Out Take

Hi Tim

That will T-cut out, no problem!
Song, It took me a bit to see the name on the Diesel. I knew it was not a deltic as that is my fav loco for some unknown reason. Processing is ok, but I would prefer sharp.
I Like the detail and it does look like rails upside down as Dave mentioned.

Pete

Last edited:
That's a clever take on the theme, and your picture really captures the texture of the rust well. Good shot!

Hi Tim,

Clever image for Song. It took me a few moments to see the name.

Fragile - Nice shot with great tones. It's a wonder some of these places are still open to the public!

Fragile
It's doesn't look too sturdy. One day, pretty much all that was man made will be gone.

Love the Lensbaby pictures, I have the pro composer. Bognor pier has certainly shrunk a bit over the years. I keep hoping it will get renovated and get back to its old length so it is worth fishing from it again.

When I first saw this I thought it was up side down rail tracks, then I read your post and they do look fragile.
Don't they just...
Hi Tim

That will T-cut out, no problem!
Song, It took me a bit to see the name on the Diesel. I knew it was not a deltic as that is my fav loco for some unknown reason. Processing is ok, but I would prefer sharp.
I Like the detail and it does look like rails upside down as Dave mentioned.

Pete
Cheers Pete. I guess they do look a little like really badly rusted rails.
That's a clever take on the theme, and your picture really captures the texture of the rust well. Good shot!
Ta Mark.
Great, diagonal composition and smashing textures captured here Tim!(y)
It really does look fragile...practically falling apart!
Note to self: If in Bognor, stay off the pier!:giggle:
Hehe, yes. Not sure I'd want to risk it.
Hi Tim,

Clever image for Song. It took me a few moments to see the name.

Fragile - Nice shot with great tones. It's a wonder some of these places are still open to the public!
Thanks Lee.
Song
It took me awhile to get it. I like the pp You've applied.
Fragile
It's doesn't look too sturdy. One day, pretty much all that was man made will be gone.
Ta Domenic
song, a nice class 50, I do like the processing you have used, suits it well.
fragile, certainly does look fragile, great subject matter for the theme and well taken.
Ta Michael
Love the Lensbaby pictures, I have the pro composer. Bognor pier has certainly shrunk a bit over the years. I keep hoping it will get renovated and get back to its old length so it is worth fishing from it again.
Finally someone who appreciates the LensBaby ;)

Is that your wife Tim???

Loving the Image, lots of Colour and detail, very sharp and tells a bit of a story (Don't post this picture on that web site you are always on or I will cast a spell)

Pete

Week XLIII - Borrowed (time)

I borrowed a few moments of this young ladies' time to snap a couple of portrait shots atop the Tate Modern Blavatnik Building
As wide open as the lens would go, I should probably have reduced the shutter speed to bring the ISO down a bit, but actually I quite like the grainy effect captured here.

Tp 52 for 2019 - Week XLIII - Borrowed
by Tim White, on Flickr

I really like the portrait Tim.(y)
She makes for a very interesting model and the pose is very nice too.
Them Fujis handle noise/grain pretty well, hardly noticeable.
Ta, we did try a few poses / angles, this was my fav.
Before I started doing cosplay photos, I would never have had the confidence to stop someone and ask to take their photo, pose them, re-pose them etc.

Borrowed is very nice Tim, great portrait.

Borrowed is very nice Tim, great portrait.
Great portrait and bang on theme.
Excellent natural portrait..
Cheers All - I liked it :)
Two great images Tim, my pick is borrowed as it is one cracking portrait imo. I really do like your cosplay images and it`s great that you can approach a stranger and take such cracking images of them :clap::clap:
Ta Dave. Borrowed over Spooky eh? Both were posed and Spooky is the far cleaner image (seeing as I had backdrop / lights and time etc.)

That`s a nice bit of street photography you got there Tim, well spotted and taken too.
The benefits of having your camera in your hand while wandering about. Spotted, and shot. I think it worked better than some where I sat waiting for action to happen. Rich ( @tijuana taxi ) is looking to do another London meet once it warms up (April was mooted). Are you going to be fit enough?

The benefits of having your camera in your hand while wandering about. Spotted, and shot. I think it worked better than some where I sat waiting for action to happen. Rich ( @tijuana taxi ) is looking to do another London meet once it warms up (April was mooted). Are you going to be fit enough?

Hoping to do something towards the end of April once Easter is out of the way.
Thinking maybe Islington to Camden with some of it via the Regents canal towpath
Will post something in the Meeting Place section early in the New Year

Happy Christmas

Reactions: LC2
Cracking shot for Spooky Tim. Great colour, detail and pose.

Borrowed is excellent. The image has come out very well considering how dark it was up there!

Finally, nice bit of candid street for Environmental. Well seen.

Cracking shot for Spooky Tim. Great colour, detail and pose.

Borrowed is excellent. The image has come out very well considering how dark it was up there!

Finally, nice bit of candid street for Environmental. Well seen.
Cheers Lee. Yes, it was quite dark up there by the time 'borrowed' was taken wasn't it. There was 'just enough' :)

Week XLI - Near

The near span of Southwark Bridge, illuminated by thelights installed for 'Illuminated River' (sort of...)
Southwark Bridge seems the best illuminated of the four that have had the lighting added.
It was red when we arrived, and then went blue and refused to go back to red. So there might be a little pp here...

Southwark Bridge - Illuminated River
by Tim White, on Flickr

At the moment April could be looking good for me.

"Spooky" very good portrait can't fault it nicely composed
"Borrowed" another good portrait two small things looks like it could be brightened a little and a little crop off the top to remove that dark object from the diagonal of the concrete beam behind her.
"Environment" not really my thing I'm not sure what your seeing there
"near" its a nice red but as you say not really, would like to have seen the whole thing you seem to have cut the left hand side a little

I'm liking Near Tim. Having seen the original, I'm guessing the pp went something like...
1. Remove lots of blue;
2. Add lots of red.
:D

Nice bit of harkkytexture there!

Very nice shot for near Tim, loving the red colour.
Cheers Dave :)
"Spooky" very good portrait can't fault it nicely composed
"Borrowed" another good portrait two small things looks like it could be brightened a little and a little crop off the top to remove that dark object from the diagonal of the concrete beam behind her.
"Environment" not really my thing I'm not sure what your seeing there
"near" its a nice red but as you say not really, would like to have seen the whole thing you seem to have cut the left hand side a little
Borrowed - I see what you are saying on the brightness, it was pretty dark so I was keeping that feel, but after having a play it would certainly work brighter. The dark bit at the top, yeah, I guess it should have gone, I was keeping the aspect ratio and I would have lost part of her arm. But that's what the clone stamp tool is for...
Environment was "environmental portrait", i.e. shot in their environment, and Near, that's the angles I could get without clutter I'm afraid.
I'm liking Near Tim. Having seen the original, I'm guessing the pp went something like...
1. Remove lots of blue;
2. Add lots of red.
:D
Well, actually, add hue/saturation mask, select blue, move to red and then mask out the left hand side :)
Nice bit of harkkytexture there!
Nice unusual view of of Southwark bridge.
Cheers Dave & Clive. I quite like Southwark bridge and the lights do add somethign to it.

Some great work here Tim:clap:....wish I could have joined down in that London!
Fingers crossed for April.

Environmental: Nice bit of candid, street toggerey!
Near: I really like the composition, and the red works well...very striking!
Far: Excellent, crisp cityscape, and hand held too @1/30th sec...nice! I do like the lights in the far background reflecting off the misty substance.

Back