LC2's Cosplay & Railway Shoehorns for 2019 - COMPLETED - Week LII - Out Take

Don't want to be on the business end of Lucille! I like the DOF, nice image Tim.

Great shots for Rough and Object, Tim! Love a bit of Walking Dead!

I recognise it now! Our eldest is persuading/forcing us to watch it from time to time but we're only up to series 3 or 4 so far. The point of focus works well as I think that's what you would see if it was swinging towards your head (assuming you hadn't already shut your eyes :eek: ) and I like your choice of background and the PP too.

It must have looked 'interesting' to passers-by :p

Object
You've still doing well with the cosplay themed themes.
I like the composition and strangely I really quite like the brick wall background.

I like that Tim love the angle you've got it at and the DoF, looking very menacing and I'm sure I would Object if it was coming towards me!

Is that two themes for one prop? If so, top stuff.

Like both images. The rough one is pretty cool and I like the people in the background that gives it a true feeling of neighbourhood

The object is just a menacing object and very well taken. Great detail and colour to it

I was right! It is barbed wire!! Great shot, blunt and sharp together!
Yes you were, well except it's actually rubber. :)
Don't want to be on the business end of Lucille! I like the DOF, nice image Tim.
Thanks Dom
Great shots for Rough and Object, Tim! Love a bit of Walking Dead!
Indeed, it teaches us to prepare for the forthcoming Zombie Apocalypse.
I recognise it now! Our eldest is persuading/forcing us to watch it from time to time but we're only up to series 3 or 4 so far. The point of focus works well as I think that's what you would see if it was swinging towards your head (assuming you hadn't already shut your eyes :eek: ) and I like your choice of background and the PP too.

It must have looked 'interesting' to passers-by :p
I wanted an urban(ish) background as parts of the series are set in an urban setting (other parts aren't), I think it works.
Object
You've still doing well with the cosplay themed themes.
I like the composition and strangely I really quite like the brick wall background.
Well that's the plan for a good proportion of my shots this year, as Sammie & I have 41 days of conventions booked in this year. They do consume a fair amount of my weekends. Add the railway to that and I don't have much free until December!
I like that Tim love the angle you've got it at and the DoF, looking very menacing and I'm sure I would Object if it was coming towards me!
I think you would object, certainly if it was a real one.
Is that two themes for one prop? If so, top stuff.

Like both images. The rough one is pretty cool and I like the people in the background that gives it a true feeling of neighbourhood

The object is just a menacing object and very well taken. Great detail and colour to it
Lucille in 'rough' was that chap's own one, a bit smaller than my one, but he had made it himself, whereas I bought my version.
So two different versions of the same thing for two themes...

I would never have guessed that it's rubber! Good shot and works perfectly as you have described. If feels like it's about to land a savage blow!

Omg, I had to google walking the dead baseball scene as I have never watched the series. Well that’s some TV for sure. I must admit when the guys eyes popped out I did t know what to think. Other than that I thought the shot was definitely on theme. I think I’ll stick to Antiques Roadshow :giggle:

I would never have guessed that it's rubber! Good shot and works perfectly as you have described. If feels like it's about to land a savage blow!
Thanks Lee. I must cosplay Negan again sometime soon.
Omg, I had to google walking the dead baseball scene as I have never watched the series. Well that’s some TV for sure. I must admit when the guys eyes popped out I did t know what to think. Other than that I thought the shot was definitely on theme. I think I’ll stick to Antiques Roadshow :giggle:
;) I'll try to pick a less savage image for the next theme.

Another first class cosplay image from you Tim.
Super sharp, terrific colours and great detail....her pose and expression are cool too.
I apologise for my ignorance of Pokémon, but she seems to be some sort of mermaid/dragon creature, so a perfect fit for the theme.

Another first class cosplay image from you Tim.
Super sharp, terrific colours and great detail....her pose and expression are cool too.
I apologise for my ignorance of Pokémon, but she seems to be some sort of mermaid/dragon creature, so a perfect fit for the theme.
Vaporeon are aquatic, so yes, on theme for wet ;)
I don't play or watch Pokémon either, but my kids do.
Nice Tim, colours look great on the outfit, lighting looks good too.
On camera flash using a small softbox. The light at Olympia can actually be very nice, but wasn't on this occasion due to miserable weather.

I was about 8 years old when Pokemon first came out, and I was nuts over it. Used to collect the cards, watch the show and spend all my time playing the Red version on my Gameboy Pocket :D

Well taken image and nice connection to the theme for those who know Vaporeon. I like the expression on her face and the lighting is spot on too.

Once I looked up who she was it's spot on for the theme. Great colour and the little soft box has worked a treat. I had a look on your Flickr album and the costumes at these places are fantastic.

Hi Tim,

Yay catch up Sunday :D For what feels like the first time in weeks I have some time for myself. Too cold to go out so here I am :D

Cold - Well he's definitely creepy. Processing and B&W perfect for this one and the bg works really well too
Waiting - I like the look of this, again the processing works well. It took me a while to realise this was from behind the buffers, was trying to work out what bit of the train it was and how you managed to get that angle :coat:
Rough - Blimey it must be rough! Nice focus and eye contact and dof, I suppose the bg is showing the neighbourhood but I think I would have cropped it closer to lose the other people
Object - Hope it's not the last thing I see, that would not be a good end! I like the bat coming for the corner and the dof really gives it a 3D feel (y)
Wet - Nice pose and good eye contact again, just those bloody annoying people in the bg again :LOL:

:D

Well done Tim. You had to explain it or i'd never had got it. Cosplay wins the day ;)

Hi Tim, I thought your Object looked very dangerous until I read your explanation, much nicer than the real thing, definitely something different as a choice for the theme.

Your Cosplay images are fascinating, its one of those hobbies that until you explore it you hardly know it exists, but when you do its full of interest. I imagine they work very hard getting their costumes put together, a lovely fun image.

I was about 8 years old when Pokemon first came out, and I was nuts over it. Used to collect the cards, watch the show and spend all my time playing the Red version on my Gameboy Pocket :D

Well taken image and nice connection to the theme for those who know Vaporeon. I like the expression on her face and the lighting is spot on too.
Thanks Carl. I must admit I'm not actually into Pokemon, but the wife & kids are so...
I thought she worked nicely for the theme.
Once I looked up who she was it's spot on for the theme. Great colour and the little soft box has worked a treat. I had a look on your Flickr album and the costumes at these places are fantastic.
Ta Lee. A lot of work goes into the cosplays and it's great fun to be there talking the photos for/of them.
Great shot. Thinking out of the box themewise.
Heaven forbid that I would go with an obvious shot ;)
Hi Tim,

Yay catch up Sunday :D For what feels like the first time in weeks I have some time for myself. Too cold to go out so here I am :D

Cold - Well he's definitely creepy. Processing and B&W perfect for this one and the bg works really well too
Waiting - I like the look of this, again the processing works well. It took me a while to realise this was from behind the buffers, was trying to work out what bit of the train it was and how you managed to get that angle :coat:
Rough - Blimey it must be rough! Nice focus and eye contact and dof, I suppose the bg is showing the neighbourhood but I think I would have cropped it closer to lose the other people
Object - Hope it's not the last thing I see, that would not be a good end! I like the bat coming for the corner and the dof really gives it a 3D feel (y)
Wet - Nice pose and good eye contact again, just those bloody annoying people in the bg again :LOL:

:D
Hi Georgina, that's got the catchup (something I'll be doing this weekend hopefully).
Backgrounds at the conventions can be really hard, the wall in 'cold' is actually a backdrop taped to a boring flat wall.
Well done Tim. You had to explain it or i'd never had got it. Cosplay wins the day ;)
Perhaps I needed to make more of a thing of her tail.
Hi Tim, I thought your Object looked very dangerous until I read your explanation, much nicer than the real thing, definitely something different as a choice for the theme.

Your Cosplay images are fascinating, its one of those hobbies that until you explore it you hardly know it exists, but when you do its full of interest. I imagine they work very hard getting their costumes put together, a lovely fun image.
They put in a lot of work and it's also quite a commitment to wear the cosplays sometimes. 1/2 the time they aren't weather appropriate (For example I did Negan in August. Wearing a full leather jacket indoors in the late summer *isn't* fun).
You should pop along to a convention. The cosplayers don't bite (often).
Fascinating indeed not obviously wet but had a quick google :wacky:
Less obvious than my last cosplay shot for wet last year, I do agree.

Week X - Free Week 1

I had a few thoughts for this week

Perhaps this one (which is also SooC, taken in jpg on my phone). Interestingly the exif states Exposure Mode - Auto bracket
Not something I had set up.

USA Tank 300 (LMR)
by Tim White, on Flickr

I also pondered on this one, which evidently isn't SooC

Vinda Rosier - Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (C Lestrange)
by Tim White, on Flickr

This was also a contender

Monty Python The Python Knights (And Other Silly Cosplays)
by Tim White, on Flickr

But I think I finally settled on Tink, for her expression...

Tinkerbell - Peter Pan
by Tim White, on Flickr

Lovely little Yanky Tanky :D

I think I prefer the one named “Monty Python The Python Knights “ have you been drinking :beer:I think the girls expression is better in that one

Monty Python shot for me, something in the eyes that drawn me in more. Good DOF I think

Great set Tim!:clap:
The image you posted is terrific, and I can see why you chose it....her expression is great!
I like the dark background too....nicely lit.
Great image.
I also favour the 'Monty Python' image....just fantastic!
Her expression is terrifying!
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that the evil baby from the early Peter Jackson film 'Brain Dead'?
It's one of my favourite films....I'd recognise that little blighter anywhere!!:LOL:
Fantastic work as always Tim!(y)

Wet - Nice use of DoF Tim to help make the people in the BG less distracting

Free - I agree with you on your choice Tim the only thing I may have been tempted to do was crop the lhs slightly as the black BG ends and it's slightly distracting

Number four is my pick, because of her expression. Works really well and suits the Tinkerbell character. Lighting and colours are great too :)

Yup, third one for me too. The make up and expression on the lady sells it to me

I think they are great photos for your Free week shot. The tank engine shot is especially impressive from a phone. The shot you chose is great because of the expression. I agree with Mark about the BG on the LHS though.

Lovely little Yanky Tanky :D
I knew you'd prefer that one Dave :) You can certainly tell she's a twin cylinder when under load.
I think I prefer the one named “Monty Python The Python Knights “ have you been drinking :beer:I think the girls expression is better in that one
"Monty Python The Python Knights (And Other Silly Cosplays)" is actually their Facebook Group name. She often plays the squire in Monty Python who follows the king around claping the coconut halves together and she does a fantastic job of it.
I was particularly drawn to the blue eyes (contacts)
Loving the Monty Python shot, the look on her face just says it all.
:)
Monty Python shot for me, something in the eyes that drawn me in more. Good DOF I think
The blue contacts?
Great set Tim!:clap:
The image you posted is terrific, and I can see why you chose it....her expression is great!
I like the dark background too....nicely lit.
Great image.
I also favour the 'Monty Python' image....just fantastic!
Her expression is terrifying!
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that the evil baby from the early Peter Jackson film 'Brain Dead'?
It's one of my favourite films....I'd recognise that little blighter anywhere!!:LOL:
Fantastic work as always Tim!(y)
I've never seen it, but googling shows you are spot on. I wonder if that makes her the nurse (japanese dvd case)
Wet - Nice use of DoF Tim to help make the people in the BG less distracting

Free - I agree with you on your choice Tim the only thing I may have been tempted to do was crop the lhs slightly as the black BG ends and it's slightly distracting
I didn't want to lose Tink's wings or crop unevenly. I could probably have replaced the background, but...
Number four is my pick, because of her expression. Works really well and suits the Tinkerbell character. Lighting and colours are great too :)
Thanks Carl, the shot has lit nicely hasn't it
Yup, third one for me too. The make up and expression on the lady sells it to me
:)
I think they are great photos for your Free week shot. The tank engine shot is especially impressive from a phone. The shot you chose is great because of the expression. I agree with Mark about the BG on the LHS though.
I was very impressed as it's only a cheap phone (G6) and I was only taking it to email immediately to a mate who couldn't make the gala.

Tim, Vaporeon and Tinkerbell are both great shots, nicely lit. My favourite has to be tinkerbell though the expression just says it all !

No2 for me - I hate that Tate Modern building with a passion lol.

No 1, because the way you've 'hidden' the entrance is really clever.

Back