LC2's Cosplay & Railway Shoehorns for 2019 - COMPLETED - Week LII - Out Take

That's jolly clever Tim!:clap:
Expertly done, the exposure is perfect.
100% theme-fitment-worthiness!(y)
Cheers Gareth. It came out the way I wanted :)
Nice idea not sure it quite works :thinking: , I like the fact you have left the strong light source from the top right but perhaps a little foreground interest might work.
I'm not sure what that would be though,

don't thank me, always happy to help (y)
I'd have had ot have suspended anything I wanted in the foreground from a drone (and I don't think the PTB would be that impressed at me flying a drone 1/2 a mile from Heathrow at the moment).
Very simple and very apt for the theme. Like the hint of the light source at the top.
Ta Stan. I did want to have that subtle light source in the shot, so I think it worked :)
Nicely done for light there Tim. Just enough coming through to bring out the detail of the tree
Indeed, it was quite a balancing act getting exactly the exposure I wanted.
Light
It works well for the theme. It's a good exposure.
Ta Dominic.

Nice shot of the not nice face :D

Fuji nailing it too!

Fantastic portrait image Tim!(y)
The work put into the makeup really shows....and the Fuji would certainly highlight flaws, so Kasey did a great job!
Really good, tight, close up portrait, with good light and nice skin tones....even though the skin is 'rotting'!:giggle:

Wow, great shot! Very original, I hope its make-up
Ta Mark. Yes, it is make-up, Kasey is a performing arts student and cosplayer.
Nice shot of the not nice face :D

Fuji nailing it too!
I have to say I am suitably impressed with the X-T3 over the X-T2 for the eye detect in low light.
Fantastic portrait image Tim!(y)
The work put into the makeup really shows....and the Fuji would certainly highlight flaws, so Kasey did a great job!
Really good, tight, close up portrait, with good light and nice skin tones....even though the skin is 'rotting'!:giggle:
One of these days I will take the flash off camera and probably totally screw it up ;/
She does seem a lovely lady if you forget about her decaying.
And she traveled across London like that (to be fair, she wasn't the most extreme cosplayer with us - Hmm, that might have been me!)

The last two portrait shots are really nice Tim. They work great for both themes but the decay image is surreal. The makeup is fantastic and the eyes ! So piercing !

I love this image Tim!!:clap:
It brings me in mind of the photos that the military shoot of squaddies on basic training!
(I have one of my brother when he was in training at Pirbright twenty years ago!)
I like how you placed focus on his eye too....must have been tempting to broaden the DoF to get the end of the barrel in, but I think it gives it a certain intimacy the way you shot it!(y)

Two crackers for DECAY and FREE WEEK. I think the dof on the barrel works really well. But it could be the other way round, with the barrel pin sharp... just a thought.

Loved the films and loved playing the games too, you totally nailed this shot of the Umbrella Guard. Great close up and your doing well with that 35mm.
Cheers Dave, I do like that shot, and the 35mm is my convention weapon of choice.
The last two portrait shots are really nice Tim. They work great for both themes but the decay image is surreal. The makeup is fantastic and the eyes ! So piercing !
I love doing people photos and the effort cosplayers put in is so often phenomenal.
I love this image Tim!!:clap:
It brings me in mind of the photos that the military shoot of squaddies on basic training!
(I have one of my brother when he was in training at Pirbright twenty years ago!)
I like how you placed focus on his eye too....must have been tempting to broaden the DoF to get the end of the barrel in, but I think it gives it a certain intimacy the way you shot it!(y)
Two crackers for DECAY and FREE WEEK. I think the dof on the barrel works really well. But it could be the other way round, with the barrel pin sharp... just a thought.
Bob, Garath. I've done quite a few shots of this style and definitely prefer the blur out the barrel. So much so, I didn't even bother going for an in-focus barrel, OOF face shot on this occasion :)

Have you started using flash on these indoor shots it seems to be isolating the figures better.
The other two portraits work well especially the decaying girl

I always love a good macro, and Tinkerbell is the best macro I`ve seen.
Cool, I'll mark this one down as my 'macro' shot then (okay @Cobra ?)
Have you started using flash on these indoor shots it seems to be isolating the figures better.
The other two portraits work well especially the decaying girl
I've been using flash indoors for quite a while (at least a year), perhaps I'm getting better at it.
It is on-camera at conventions though, I don't have an assistant and no intention of carrying a stand around (most of the time it wouldn't be practical).

Nice shot - and nice happy hand position :)

I like it, it’s conveys the feeling of sitting in a waiting room with one eye on the clock and In this day and age wondering where the bloody train is :)

Taken during the week of the theme !!!

I thought that was the idea :D

All mine are.

Cool, I'll mark this one down as my 'macro' shot then (okay @Cobra ?)
Its a shoe horn I'd be proud of :D
No problem Tim (y)

Free week
I like that, it's a good pov.

Whole
I'm not sure it'll count as a macro :)
I do like the pose

Time
Another good shot, a little different.

Free - what a great image. Not personally a fan of the movies but that image is pin sharp and exposed perfectly.

Whole - Yup, it's a whole fairy - bizarre but works well

Time - absolutely superb - I was looking for a similar image this week but could not even find an old clock on the station. I really love this Tim. Perfectly framed through the opening

Jolly decent work from you Tim!(y)
Whole: Love the lighting here, and the pose is spot on! Macro is pushing it a bit, but since you admin the spreadsheet, I guess it's fine!!:LOL:
Time: Superb! Great framing and use of DoF, and the 'old' station details are excellent!

Nice shot - and nice happy hand position :)
I hadn't noticed the hands (other than it was telling the right time which is quite a wonder).
I like it, it’s conveys the feeling of sitting in a waiting room with one eye on the clock and In this day and age wondering where the bloody train is :)
Cheers, that's the feel it was supposed to have, so I guess it works :)
I thought that was the idea :D

All mine are.
Mine haven't been for a while, too much editing from conventions to keep up (I'm still behind even now).
Time is a good shot and like how the clock is framed, agree with Allan about feeling as though your in a waiting room.
Ta. I worked the angles to get it framed like that.
Its a shoe horn I'd be proud of :D
No problem Tim (y)
Excellent. I've been a bit short on shoe-horns recently. I've been far too close to being on topic!
Free week
I like that, it's a good pov.

Whole
I'm not sure it'll count as a macro :)
I do like the pose

Time
Another good shot, a little different.
I didn't want to concentrate on a watch or whatever for Time, I wanted to convey time and waiting.
Of course Maisy is Macro, she's tiny :) It's just the POV that makes her look so tall.
Free - what a great image. Not personally a fan of the movies but that image is pin sharp and exposed perfectly.

Whole - Yup, it's a whole fairy - bizarre but works well

Time - absolutely superb - I was looking for a similar image this week but could not even find an old clock on the station. I really love this Tim. Perfectly framed through the opening
I guess I'm lucky to often be at that station and know roughly what is where.
Jolly decent work from you Tim!(y)
Whole: Love the lighting here, and the pose is spot on! Macro is pushing it a bit, but since you admin the spreadsheet, I guess it's fine!!:LOL:
Time: Superb! Great framing and use of DoF, and the 'old' station details are excellent!
I got @Cobra's agreement on the technique, so job's a goodun'.

Hi Tim, think your tinkerbell is just great, I love the colours they just pop right out at you !
Time, what’s not to like. Great composition, I particularly like the oof foreground of the frame

Wow, stunning picture...
I wouldn't go that far, but it's not too terrible.
Well caught and makes a change from your recent work
The old tech (5D3 + 70-300L) can still deliver.
Does it make a change in a good way? Or bad...
Cracking shot for the theme Tim, the Reds will always bring in the crowds.
The display was a bit lacking this year IMO, but we had to go as it was the last one.

Fab Arrers shot!

Back