LC2's Many Many Fine Shoehorns in 2017 :Week 52 - Weather ** COMPLETED **

Brilliant thinking Tim and spot on for the theme. Excellent composition and processing ... I'd be chuffed with that. (My gosh is that what Battersea looks like now?)

Good old Pink Floyd, like the shot :)
Thanks Dave.

And that's all it was intended to be :)

Nice one Tim (y)
It did give me the chance to post a different angle on Battersea to the one I posted last year :)

A fun choice Tim, and you've done a good job of it :)
Cheers. The only hard bit was the cutting out of "Algie" from a random picture on t'interweb.

Great job Tim, takes me back (y)
Cheers Chris

Brilliant thinking Tim and spot on for the theme. Excellent composition and processing ... I'd be chuffed with that. (My gosh is that what Battersea looks like now?)
If you take a look through my flickr, there are a few shots of Battersea taken over the past year chronicling the changes over the year.
Though really I should have started before they took any of the chimneys down.

Haaaa took me a moment to notice the pig :D - Not heard this for a looooooooong time, real good theme :)
What, that great pink thing hiding subtly in the blue sky? ;)

Last edited:
A classic, well composed and composited.

Well, well, well, not a train in sight. Not a great start young man :bat:

Seriously that is a fab pic and I love the processing :clap::clap:

A classic, well composed and composited.
Cheers Bernd. I have the tilt screen to thank for being able to get that angle (rather than the one from Battersea Park Station) as the walls of the overbridge are a tad too high and I didn't bring a box / step ladder.

Well, well, well, not a train in sight. Not a great start young man :bat:

Seriously that is a fab pic and I love the processing :clap::clap:
Blinded by Algie @Bruja ? ;) As Bernd says:
There seem to be tracks in the bottom left corner though...
So I believe it counts as a tentative railway shoe-horn :)
I believe the cross processing adds something to the shot that is vaguely reminiscent of the album cover (very very vaguely), not that the original shot will ever be truly repeatable.

Great for a bit of fun, like the cross processing, only tried it once when having a crack at POTY.

Great for a bit of fun, like the cross processing, only tried it once when having a crack at POTY.
Ta. The cross processing was simply the default in picassa, with the slider shifted fully to the left.
I did read through how to manually create a cross processing effect in PS, but CBA ;)

Made me chuckle.

No crit as it's a practice ;)

Cheers.
Go on, you know you want to...

One of my all time fave albums....

Good shot, I noticed the other week the chimneys are finally being out back up.

Can't think how it goes but well familiar with the album sleeve ... this is a get update on the new chimneys and that damned pig is still there after all these years.

Nothing wrong with a good composite!
Cheers Clive. I thought so too.

That's about as on theme as you can get :)
Ta Emma.

One of my all time fave albums....

Good shot, I noticed the other week the chimneys are finally being out back up.
They've been doing it for a while. I wonder how much longer shots like this will be possible, before all you can see are the new flats.

Great idea, Tim, and the processing and muted colours are perfect. Good luck with your 52 :)
Cheers Andrea. I'm quite pleased with it.

Great start and I do like the processing
Thanks Allan. Better than the processing of my Battersea shot last year I think.

I know the song, and a good album as well, composition is good and good processing on the image. I will wish you the very best of luck for your 52 challenge.
Thanks Mandy.

Haha, love it, cross process works a treat!
Cheers, I thought so too.

Can't think how it goes but well familiar with the album sleeve ... this is a get update on the new chimneys and that damned pig is still there after all these years.
It would be so great if Algie was still flying above the powerstation. I read that the band recently brought it back from whoever owned it as it was about to be disposed of.

Week 01 - Order

Not particularly inspired this week, but fitting, perhaps, as I've had to do a little spannering on a couple of the cars.

I thought I might have a go at going OTT on the processing.

TP 52 for 2017 - Week 01 : Order
by Tim White, on Flickr

There is a bit of the cross processing again, and a massive amount of sharpening.

Hmm, I wonder if I can do a whole year of Cross Processed images (nah, I doubt it).

Anyway, this was the original before I started jazzing(1) it up.

TP 52 for 2017 - Week 01 : Order
by Tim White, on Flickr

(1) - Yes, I chose that word deliberately.

I like the original best Tim. Well composed fan style, nicely lit and the textured surface gives added interest. Excellent as is. (What happened to Nos. 11 & 16?)

I like the original best Tim. Well composed fan style, nicely lit and the textured surface gives added interest. Excellent as is. (What happened to Nos. 11 & 16?)
I don't think I've ever seen 11 or 16mm spanners, I can't even recall seeing sockets at those sizes. Just checked on screwfix and they do exist, I wonder when you would use them.

Great photo,
Personally I like the original better (but I don't like editing)
I like the background and good lighting

I nearly re posted my pic of Sockets when I ran out of ideas on this.....

Second for me,.

Great photo,
Personally I like the original better (but I don't like editing)
I like the background and good lighting
Cheers Isabelle. Though you should have a play at editing, you never know you may find it fun.
Fair play that you plan to get your shots right in camera though! :)

Pretty much this...but not the editing bit :)

Cheers.
The edit was never going to be to everyone's liking (in fact so far, no one :oops: :$)

Good shot and idea, like the 2nd more :)
Ta Dave

I nearly re posted my pic of Sockets when I ran out of ideas on this.....

Second for me,.
I was going to do model trains, but having gotten my toolbox out a few days ago, it dawned on me that spanners may work.

The original for me too - the lighting works really well and is a bit lost in the edit. I might have left a tiny bit more room at the sides.
I was running out of space on the background...

Week 1 it's the original image for me as well I think the first image the processing is just a tad much.
A bit OTT in fact ;)

Seems the original is favourite at the moment.
It just looked a little flat to me, so I started playing . I knew I was going over the top though, and that the edit would be a bit marmite.

I like the layout you have used but the processing is a little OTT :wideyed: and highlights the BG you have used, I think the leatherette BG may not have been the best choice, something more rustic perhaps

so the pre jazz age one for me :)

Hi Tim, I prefer the processed version too. Brings out the textures nicely. I also think the crop is a bit tight especially on lhs. Did you trying shooting them side by side?

I was thinking of doing a spanner shot, but was worried that I couldn't keep the highlights/reflexed light down. You seem to have handled this really well.

Back