LC2's Many Many (More) Fine Shoehorns in 2018 : Week 52 - Showcase [2018 Complete]

Week 3 - Stark(ers)

I really couldn't get enthused for this theme, nothing jumped out at me, and with the weather I'd not been able to get out and about. Was I about to be 1 week down at week 3? It was looking very possible...
Then, one of my Meerkats, Vassily, on seeing my dilemma, offered to pose for me "Stark(ers)"

Vassily posed Full Frontal (so NSFW) with only his leather jacket as a prop. What a brave young Meerkat.
Processing was with Silver Effects, adding a Noir effect.

Haha, naked meerkat. Clever thinking and good light!

Thats disgusting :wideyed: someone get a mod :lock:

:eek::eek::eek::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Very good Tim made me laugh!

Lovely lighting and nice use of B&W too

:LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO: For heaven's sake don't let Sergei see that. Wonderful idea Tim

I agree 100% you should know better than to post something as disgusting as that hairy thing :D

Haha, naked meerkat. Clever thinking and good light!

I'm pleased I got a chuckle out of you. This was a horrible theme imo.

I'm not sure I agree with the comments about liking the light.
I really couldn't be ar53d to do it properly, so it was actually harsh On Camera Flash with no modifiers other than coming in really close, dropping the power and letting the inverse square law reduce the light on the background.

Hmmm....I think @LC2 's account may have been hacked, we have zero pictures of a train, and a nude shot of someone EVEN hairier than @Dave70D ....

I see a pattern emerging ..... gay cuddly toy, stark naked cuddly toy .... what next? :naughty:

Hi Tim, Well done for having a go at something different but sorry this one doesn't work for me. Not sure what you said to him but that meerkat looks in shock! Nicely done fun shot that works well in B&W :D

Hmmm....I think @LC2 's account may have been hacked, we have zero pictures of a train, and a nude shot of someone EVEN hairier than @Dave70D ....

I see a pattern emerging ..... gay cuddly toy, stark naked cuddly toy .... what next? :naughty:
Oh you three cheeky boys :p

Hi Tim, Well done for having a go at something different but sorry this one doesn't work for me. Not sure what you said to him but that meerkat looks in shock! Nicely done fun shot that works well in B&W :D
He does a bit, doesn't he. it must have been because I attacked him with the Dyson to get the dust off first!

:agree: lovely processing for a nostalgic photo and well seen for the theme, really very good.

Love it TIm the processing really makes t feel like it was taken years ago. Nice take on the theme and its train related your back!!

Stark
I'm about to call the rspca, that's got to be animal exploitation.

Over
It has a look of Mickey Spillane's, Mike Hammer. I like it.

A very nice take on the subject, very moody and nostalgic and processed to suit :)

Stark - :banana::banana::banana: that made me laugh, what a fun image for the theme, good pp work as well.............. just brilliant.

Over - thats a very good find for the theme, and you have done well with the processing on this love the olden day feel to the image, great work(y)

People is a different take on the theme, Tim, with a series of little snapshots. You can tell, as you said, that they're caught up in their own little worlds and oblivious to you and it's an interesting result. I haven't been brave enough to raise my camera to a complete stranger so well done (y)

The less said about "Stark(ers)" the better, but I must admit I smiled :D Over is a cracker; a different take on the theme, and the composition and processing work to draw the eye straight to the traditional-looking coat and give a period feel to the whole image, Very nicely done.

Good take on the theme and the processing suits it
Cheers Allan.
Over coat in a train station waiting room, a good shot Tim and like the old school look to it.
Ta Dave.
Absolutely love this
Ta Ian.
:agree: lovely processing for a nostalgic photo and well seen for the theme, really very good.
Cheers Chris, the nostalgic look was what I was trying for.
Love it TIm the processing really makes t feel like it was taken years ago. Nice take on the theme and its train related your back!!
And there was me thinking I could sneak in a train related image un-noticed.
Nice take and nice processing. (y)
Ta David.
Stark
I'm about to call the rspca, that's got to be animal exploitation.

Over
It has a look of Mickey Spillane's, Mike Hammer. I like it.
It's actually a WWII squaddies overcoat.
Indeed, the PP is spot on......nice work
:) Mark.
Lovely colours in this and a great composition.
I was fortunate that so much of the image did actually colour match. The B&W Telly is the only thing that doesn't really fit.
A very nice take on the subject, very moody and nostalgic and processed to suit :)
Cheers.
Stark - :banana::banana::banana: that made me laugh, what a fun image for the theme, good pp work as well.............. just brilliant.

Over - thats a very good find for the theme, and you have done well with the processing on this love the olden day feel to the image, great work(y)
Ta Mandy. Stark was only supposed to be a bit of fun really.
Love the processing!
Cheers Bernd.
Now that is one take on the theme I didn't think of Tim, liking the PP on this one making the image look old, nice one mate very effective (y)
I can't take all teh credit. Nik did come in very handy.
People is a different take on the theme, Tim, with a series of little snapshots. You can tell, as you said, that they're caught up in their own little worlds and oblivious to you and it's an interesting result. I haven't been brave enough to raise my camera to a complete stranger so well done (y)

The less said about "Stark(ers)" the better, but I must admit I smiled :D Over is a cracker; a different take on the theme, and the composition and processing work to draw the eye straight to the traditional-looking coat and give a period feel to the whole image, Very nicely done.
Street in London isn't actually that bad. People see so many cameras, and there is so much to photograph, that unless you actually stick it a few inches from their faces they just ignore you.
Over worked pretty well I feel :)

I think a little more space around it the "hole" and the "live wires" sign little to tight maybe

That's old. Nice and clean composition!

Well I never realised that Armstrongs merged with Whitworth, interesting piece of history, lovely details.

I’m using a rota to make sure I spread my comments round. Will be doing about 1 in 7 each week, so this week you got lucky :)

Week 4 - Over - Excellent feel of an old photo and props suit it so well, though who left their khaki brassiere on top of the cases? :whistle:
Week 5 - Age - Those name plates always help show the pride manufacturers had in their product. I just missed visiting the Scotswood Works in production when I was studying in Newcastle but saw it silent when we went in as training for doing building surveys for asbestos in 1981.

... some nice colour and texture there. No doubt cropped tight for a reason.

Lovely details in Age Tim I agree with Allan it would have been nice to see a bit more space next to the hole. The brass plaque looks very well cared for.

Back