Mite and Blue Springtail
CQ9A0317.jpg

The smallest one I've taken so far
CQ9A0407.jpg

Hail the twig.
CQ9A0433.jpg

And a elongated-body one showing the hairs
CQ9A0404.jpg

The first, Chris, really looks alien and threatening!
The other not… too sweet! :cool:

Some lovely shots there Chris and nice to see your back in the swing of things.

Fantastic pictures!! Love the detail and love looking at these creatures which I wouldn't have seen otherwise.

Very nice did you get them id? I really like the details of the eye on the woodlouse, something that is rarely captured.

The first, Chris, really looks alien and threatening!
The other not… too sweet! :cool:
Err thanks I think :eek::D

Some lovely shots there Chris and nice to see your back in the swing of things.
Thanks Graham - slowly starting again. Got distracted by some stop shot stuff over Winter period. An ongoing project for me in winter.

Fantastic pictures!! Love the detail and love looking at these creatures which I wouldn't have seen otherwise.
Thanks Gil

Very nice did you get them id? I really like the details of the eye on the woodlouse, something that is rarely captured.
Thanks - The only one I am confident about to some degree is the 2nd - I think - Dicyrtomina saundersi. The one that really intreges me it the small blue on. I tried finding it, but only found similar ones online at the time that were maratime springtails. This was in pinewood.

Love the first but the 2nd is outstanding IMO, again a great comp with great details.
Thanks Neil - Glad you like the second as it's one of my favourites so far this year.

If you need help there is always someone on flickr, the name I cant remember but Im sure you could find him.

Back