Leaning church of Leigh Woods

Name
'Gramps'
Edit My Images
No
Found this interesting little Church near the Clifton Suspension Bridge - it has a wooden tiled turret/spire which I think is quite unusual.
However the pic (taken with a 14mm Samyung) has obvious perspective 'leanings' ... do you adjust this type of thing ... or do you just accept that's what you get?

RJB_5080-1.jpg

What a wonderful church (y) I love churches and you may tell from my photostream on flickr :exit: I don't think a month goes by that I don't take a picture of a church :LOL:

It's an interesting design especially with the dormer style windows not something that you will see all that often on a church (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

Found this interesting little Church near the Clifton Suspension Bridge - it has a wooden tiled turret/spire which I think is quite unusual.
However the pic (taken with a 14mm Samyung) has obvious perspective 'leanings' ... do you adjust this type of thing ... or do you just accept that's what you get?

RJB_5080-1.jpg

I'm no expert on these matters but I think thats why architect photographers use tilt/shift lenses because you can correct the 'perspective' by shifting.....

I don't know whether its correctable in post though.

It does look like its not quite straight though to start with?

(y) I'll check that out.

Yuk, haven't got the time for that learning curve ... for $399 I'd at least expect a clear option to save the adjusted image, it's probably there somewhere but not designed to be found by the likes of me!

I reckon if you rotate it anti-clockwise by about 3-4 degrees it will solve a lot of the problem!

1.5 does straighten it but that doesn't correct the perspective, even Capture One just seems to elongate it abnormally, which takes away one abberation and replaces it with another.

you could adjust the perspective in Photoshop CS5

I like it as is though - nice shot

Les :clap:

Thanks Les, I did try in CS5 but the results were disappointing, just moves from one problem to another ... I think you are right, leave it as it is and enjoy it for what it is :)

Back