weekly Leebert's 52 for 2019 COMPLETE! Week 52 - Out take.

Entrance is pretty cool actually. The mere fact that there's a gate stopping you getting into the field, makes me smile

Young - first young image i've seen this week. I bet with the warmer weather, it won't be the last budding one. Nicely done Lee

Nice image Lee, I like the colours and depth of field. My rose bush is shooting upwards now, so spring is definitely starting to arrive!

Well it is definitely young and definitely privet but I'm not sure about the thick branch behind it. It rather draws the eye rather than the shoot.

Entrance is pretty cool actually. The mere fact that there's a gate stopping you getting into the field, makes me smile

Young - first young image i've seen this week. I bet with the warmer weather, it won't be the last budding one. Nicely done Lee
Thank you Ian. The gate makes me smile too when I think about it. I'll have to go back there at some point to see if any fencing appears around it.

Nice shot, Lee. Good focus and depth of field. Very apt for the theme.
Thank you Stan.

Good bit of Dof on young, nice and colourful.
Thank you Dave.

Nice image Lee, I like the colours and depth of field. My rose bush is shooting upwards now, so spring is definitely starting to arrive!
Thanks Carl. Yes, everything in the garden is going well at the moment. I'm looking forward to the clocks changing too :)

Fab macro work Lee!
I love the colours and the detail. The textures on the leaf in the foreground are terrific, and great use of DoF too!
Superb work....I hope you feel better soon Lee!(y)
Thank you Gareth. Still at home but much better today thank you.

Well it is definitely young and definitely privet but I'm not sure about the thick branch behind it. It rather draws the eye rather than the shoot.
Thank you for your thoughts Joan. I used the branch as a kind of frame and hadn't thought of it as a distraction. One for me to remember (y)

A great macro shot there Lee, love the green colours of the leaves.
Thank you again Carl :)

As always, thank you all for taking the time to pop by and comment (y)

ENTRANCE - Nicely composed, and framed. Easier to round than go through!!
YOUNG - Yep, it works for me. Many similar shots this week for young, and everybody seems to have gone for the close-up/bokeh type shot. The theme begs it, so nothing not to like I reckon.

Last edited:
ENTRANCE - Nicely composed, and framed. Easier to round than go through!!
YOUNG - Yep, it works for me. Many similar shots this week for young, and everybody seems to have gone for the close-up/bokeh type shot. The theme begs it, so nothing not to like I reckon.

Many thanks for dropping by and commenting Bob.

Food is a lovely shot, really well lit and composed.
Smooth, it has to be no 1 for me too, like the concept.

Both Food and Smooth are great creative shots, my sort of pictures!

Good detail in the apple and either 1 or 3 of the needle pictures again a nice sharp macro

Food, great image. So much detail in that image

Smooth, the last one all day long. Great dof leading you right into the middle

Great work Lee!(y)
Food: Wow! 'Bitingly' sharp detail and super lighting....love it! Works so well with the black bg....really crunchy....er....I mean punchy!...can't stop thinking about apples now!!:LOL:
Smooth: Great idea and very well executed. It's simple and it works. The lighting is spot on and the reflection is perfect. I prefer your posted image, although I do like the third one as it shows just how smooth glass is....or rather isn't!....or is that the texture of the paper showing through the glass?
In any event I think all three are first glass....erm....I mean class images!!:giggle:

Food
Great detail in the apple.

Smooth
Right, I like the needle in #1 the reflection in #2 and the glass in #3

Big comment catch up
Cold - I like your plays on words your first choice is the one I prefer, I do think you must be bonkers to stand bare foot it the snow. Your snow flake shot from last year is great
Rough - All really good images and all fit the theme, I can't choose a favorite.
Object - great image very clever
Wet - beautiful I like the colours great capture
Free choice - more great captures I love the one you've called parasol with its fabulous reflection too.
Entrance - a different take on the theme but it works I guess that is an effective block.
Young - Good Dof
Food - great detail and colours.
Smooth - works well good reflection.

Hi Lee

Wk10 Free, great image, love the patterns and looks sharp enough to me.

Entrance, not sure why but if it works why not.

Young, this is not working for me, I think its the OOF branch which sticks out like a sore thumb, I see you tried to use the different colour to make the bud stand out but I think the general OOF background looks better.

Food, lovely shot of an apple, love the detail and the fact it is cut straight down the middle with a very sharp knife.

Smooth, you picked the right image, interesting to see all the detail in the needle point.

Pete

Hi Lee,

Entrance - Gotta chuckle at that gate. Though I wonder if legally that's enough to say that entrance to the land is not permitted (is the fence line visible, even if it has fallen).
ETA - I see from a later comment that there is no evidence of the fence... Weird.

Young - Nice close-up shot. Not an archive ;) and bang on theme. SooC too (nature is easier isn't it SooC, no nasty verticals to get right). Good bit of separation, using the wood to provide a different colour.

Food - Lovely detail. Nicely presented against the black background.

Smooth - Nicely done. I'm actually torn between the first and 3rd shots, it's quite nice to see the texture.

Food love the shot and BG.
Smooth first shot for me Lee.
Thank you Dave.

Food is a lovely shot, really well lit and composed.
Smooth, it has to be no 1 for me too, like the concept.
Thank you Jim.

Both Food and Smooth are great creative shots, my sort of pictures!
Thanks Mark.

Good detail in the apple and either 1 or 3 of the needle pictures again a nice sharp macro
Thanks Allan.

Food, great image. So much detail in that image
Smooth, the last one all day long. Great dof leading you right into the middle
Thank you Ian. The more I look at them, the more I am shifting to No. 3.

Great work Lee!(y)
Food: Wow! 'Bitingly' sharp detail and super lighting....love it! Works so well with the black bg....really crunchy....er....I mean punchy!...can't stop thinking about apples now!!:LOL:
Smooth: Great idea and very well executed. It's simple and it works. The lighting is spot on and the reflection is perfect. I prefer your posted image, although I do like the third one as it shows just how smooth glass is....or rather isn't!....or is that the texture of the paper showing through the glass?
In any event I think all three are first glass....erm....I mean class images!!:giggle:
:LOL: Thanks for your great comments Gareth! You're correct about the texture of the black paper too (y)

I like your idea on the theme, Lee, but not expecting a needle. A watch may be too common for a smooth glass reflection. Nice macro shot and spot on focus though.
Thank you Stan.

Food
Great detail in the apple.

Smooth
Right, I like the needle in #1 the reflection in #2 and the glass in #3
Lol! Thanks - I'll have to generate a composite of them all :)

Big comment catch up
Cold - I like your plays on words your first choice is the one I prefer, I do think you must be bonkers to stand bare foot it the snow. Your snow flake shot from last year is great
Rough - All really good images and all fit the theme, I can't choose a favorite.
Object - great image very clever
Wet - beautiful I like the colours great capture
Free choice - more great captures I love the one you've called parasol with its fabulous reflection too.
Entrance - a different take on the theme but it works I guess that is an effective block.
Young - Good Dof
Food - great detail and colours.
Smooth - works well good reflection.
Thank you very much for the big comment catch up! Much appreciated.

Hi Lee
Wk10 Free, great image, love the patterns and looks sharp enough to me.
Entrance, not sure why but if it works why not.
Young, this is not working for me, I think its the OOF branch which sticks out like a sore thumb, I see you tried to use the different colour to make the bud stand out but I think the general OOF background looks better.
Food, lovely shot of an apple, love the detail and the fact it is cut straight down the middle with a very sharp knife.
Smooth, you picked the right image, interesting to see all the detail in the needle point.
Pete
Thanks for your comments Pete. It's interesting how my photo for Young seems to be a bit of a marmite shot with the branch in the BG.

Hi Lee,
Entrance - Gotta chuckle at that gate. Though I wonder if legally that's enough to say that entrance to the land is not permitted (is the fence line visible, even if it has fallen).
ETA - I see from a later comment that there is no evidence of the fence... Weird.
Young - Nice close-up shot. Not an archive ;) and bang on theme. SooC too (nature is easier isn't it SooC, no nasty verticals to get right). Good bit of separation, using the wood to provide a different colour.
Food - Lovely detail. Nicely presented against the black background.
Smooth - Nicely done. I'm actually torn between the first and 3rd shots, it's quite nice to see the texture.
Thank you for all you comments Tim. I hadn't thought about verticals in Nature but you're spot on!

Many thanks to you all for taking the time to look and comment (y)

On to Week 15 - Above. I had a trip to London planned with a couple of friends for Friday with the theme firmly slotted in my mind. I took my 12-24mm super wide zoom and had visions of shots of the entirety of a tall building from close to the base giving the impression of a long way above. However, nothing that I took with the exception of one really seemed to feel 'right'.

In the end, the Above shot I chose was one with the camera pointing down to the floor about 6 or so feet away! This was taken at The V&A Museum by the entrance on Exhibition Road.

Reflections of Above...
[url=https://flic.kr/p/RKEKJ4]
Reflections at the V&A by Lee Francis, on Flickr[/URL]

This shot was the other contender. No. 1 London Bridge. A composite of three shots blended to try and get a decent exposure of the sky and shadow areas.
[url=https://flic.kr/p/2frpKDJ]
No.1 London Bridge by Lee Francis, on Flickr[/URL]

Thanks for looking :)

Both nice shots, but I think I prefer No2 as in the first my eye can't settle anywhere, whereas in 2 there is a definite focal point to draw to. Great concept for the theme.

interesting shots and I do like them both the second one is probably easier on the eye but I quite like the broken image in the first one, hard to choose from so I won’t they are both very clever and well produced

FOOD - great shot here. Nice and crisp!!
SMOOTH - all superb, but the third is my favourite.
ABOVE - great idea and great execution.

Some wonderful shots appearing in your thread, Lee. Congrats due!!

Blimey....ingenious images Lee!:clap:
I love the chaotic feel of the first image....very abstract and compelling with terrific use of colour and reflections.
The superb geometry and crispness of the second image is equalled by the great processing and sky detail!
Both images feature very good use of reflections, which for me is their strengths, and makes it almost impossible to choose between them!
Excellent!(y)

Hi Lee, time I caught up, super choice in the apple for Food, I like the way you've sliced it through to add the extra detail.
Smooth, really nicely done, I think the first one has the balance just right against the black of the card, spot on focus too.
Its a :clap: from me for Above, hard to choose between them as I like them both, but I think the first one with the colour just edges in, theres so much detail in there its fascinating.

Food - Composition is fantastic. Black background makes the apple pop. Really nice.
Smooth - All three are are good, but number 3 takes it for me personally. I prefer the greyness, is that the texture of the card you can see?
Above - I like both but number 1 is my favourite. I'm not sure where to look but everywhere you do there are interesting shapes, colours and reflections.

Really great stuff Lee!

Two clever takes on ABOVE! Can’t pick a fave!

Above
Two very good images. It's a tough choice, but I'm going for the second. I really like the composition, the sky, the reflection and the muted tones of the building.

Like them both. Great interest in them and the first one keeps you looking all the time for more detail. Great stuff

Both nice shots, but I think I prefer No2 as in the first my eye can't settle anywhere, whereas in 2 there is a definite focal point to draw to. Great concept for the theme.
Thank you for your comment Jim. I like the chaos in the first one but know what you mean.

interesting shots and I do like them both the second one is probably easier on the eye but I quite like the broken image in the first one, hard to choose from so I won’t they are both very clever and well produced
Many thanks Allan.

FOOD - great shot here. Nice and crisp!!
SMOOTH - all superb, but the third is my favourite.
ABOVE - great idea and great execution.
Some wonderful shots appearing in your thread, Lee. Congrats due!!
Many thanks for your kind words Bob. Much appreciated.

#2 shot for me, as imo it`s a great shot with nice reflections and colours.
Thank you Dave.

Blimey....ingenious images Lee!:clap:
I love the chaotic feel of the first image....very abstract and compelling with terrific use of colour and reflections.
The superb geometry and crispness of the second image is equalled by the great processing and sky detail!
Both images feature very good use of reflections, which for me is their strengths, and makes it almost impossible to choose between them!
Excellent!(y)
Thank you very much for your kind comments Gareth.

Hi Lee, time I caught up, super choice in the apple for Food, I like the way you've sliced it through to add the extra detail.
Smooth, really nicely done, I think the first one has the balance just right against the black of the card, spot on focus too.
Its a :clap: from me for Above, hard to choose between them as I like them both, but I think the first one with the colour just edges in, theres so much detail in there its fascinating.
Thank you very much for your catch up Susie.

Food - Composition is fantastic. Black background makes the apple pop. Really nice.
Smooth - All three are are good, but number 3 takes it for me personally. I prefer the greyness, is that the texture of the card you can see?
Above - I like both but number 1 is my favourite. I'm not sure where to look but everywhere you do there are interesting shapes, colours and reflections.
Really great stuff Lee!
Hi Dom. Many thanks for your comments. You are spot on - it is the texture of the card beneath the glass.

Two clever takes on ABOVE! Can’t pick a fave!
Many thanks Dave (y)

Above
Two very good images. It's a tough choice, but I'm going for the second. I really like the composition, the sky, the reflection and the muted tones of the building.
Thank you Dominic.

Like them both. Great interest in them and the first one keeps you looking all the time for more detail. Great stuff
Thanks Ian. The reason I chose the first over the second was for that very reason.

Two interesting shots. Disorganised and abstract but fabulous all at the same time.
Thank you Stan for your kind comments.

As always, thank you all for taking the time to pop in, look and comment (y)

Terrific, dynamic image Lee!
Love the motion blur on the background....gives a real sense of speed!
(Naturally I'm sure you were driving at well under the speed limit! ;))
You really look like you're having great fun there Lee....and I've heard those Caterhams are terrific!
Great image!:clap:

Hot - good action shot, you've captured the motion well. An open sports car is great fun in the sun!

Back