weekly Leebert's 52 for 2019 COMPLETE! Week 52 - Out take.

like all 3 of these, wide (the aircraft) is a great capture, I may have cropped a bit more of the aircraft out myself.

Good set of images Lee, loving full throttle and dirty is a good shot too.
Thank you Dave.

I don’t think dirty is nsfw but as you say maybe it could be seen in such a way as for wide I think the second one don’t really know much about planes or have much interest in them to tell what’s going on
Thanks Allan. The pilot of the F15 is applying max throttle (re-heat or afterburner) to have a short take off run as possible.

Dirty, great picture, like the really close crop on the lips, nice colour too.
Wide, Great capture of the f15 that. 2nd is nice and more obviously on theme, but I still do like that f15 shot.
Thank you Michael.

Superb images Lee, as always!:clap:
Dirty: Great, sharp close up and vivid colours. NSFW? I wouldn't say so, but you can't be too careful these days! ;)Nice work!
Wide: Fantastic work here! The aircraft's afterburner jet blast is mesmerizing! Really conveys the sense of power and acceleration - those 'bands' of flame in the exhaust are terrifically captured!
The panorama is very well executed, and is a picture perfect English summer scene. Very nice work Lee!
Thank you Gareth. Most kind.

Wide
Really like the afterburner (if that's what it is) flame.
Spot on Dominic. Thank you.

like all 3 of these, wide (the aircraft) is a great capture, I may have cropped a bit more of the aircraft out myself.
Thanks Jim (y)

Closed
That's the trouble when you leave it late to get your theme in, someone's already stolen your idea :ROFLMAO:
I do like your thinking on this, You've come up with something a bit different. I also like the black and white.

I like closed it’s a really well thought out idea, I did something very similar last year for “refuse” it’s on Flickr somewhere.

Closed
That's the trouble when you leave it late to get your theme in, someone's already stolen your idea :ROFLMAO:
I do like your thinking on this, You've come up with something a bit different. I also like the black and white.
You're quite right Dominic! Thank you for your kind comments.

I like closed it’s a really well thought out idea, I did something very similar last year for “refuse” it’s on Flickr somewhere.
Thank you Allan.

Closed is a good and well thought out shot for the theme, goes very well in mono.
Cheers Dave.

As always, thank you for taking the time to look in and comment. (y)

Week 30 - Snapper's Choice and selective colour technique.

I really enjoy music and I spent a fair bit of time researching and putting together a Hi-Fi system which I am very happy with. At the suggestion of a friend, three of us had a leisurely afternoon at a high end Hi-Fi show in London yesterday just to see what improvements can be had for some serious money! In a flash, 5 hours had gone by and we had listened to some very nice kit (and some shockingly poor too). In one of the demo areas away from the main hall it was almost deserted and the lighting was low. There were some very nice valve amplifiers with the valves glowing nicely and I couldn't resist - out came the camera :)

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2gJrGud]
Woo Audio WA8 by Lee Francis, on Flickr[/URL]

A couple of others from the same manufacturer (Woo Audio)...

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2gJrGzt]
Woo Audio Firefly by Lee Francis, on Flickr[/URL]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2gJrGJG]
Woo Audio WA33 by Lee Francis, on Flickr[/URL]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2gJqYXu]
Woo Audio WA33 by Lee Francis, on Flickr[/URL]

Great work Lee!:clap:

Closed: Excellent idea, and well executed. The mono processing is top notch, and the grain works well. The message is very clear indeed!
Nice and sharp on your hand too, and at f/1.8, which can't have been easy.
Snappers choice: That is a seriously good photograph of a serious bit of kit! The colour pop works well to highlight the glowing valves.
All your images are terrific, #3 and #4 are really fantastic!!

CLOSED - great shot. Looks like something out of a psychology magazine.
FREE - good set, don't know what they do, but well captured all the same.

Great work Lee!:clap:
Closed: Excellent idea, and well executed. The mono processing is top notch, and the grain works well. The message is very clear indeed!
Nice and sharp on your hand too, and at f/1.8, which can't have been easy.
Snappers choice: That is a seriously good photograph of a serious bit of kit! The colour pop works well to highlight the glowing valves.
All your images are terrific, #3 and #4 are really fantastic!!
Thank you very much for your kind words Gareth (y)

CLOSED - great shot. Looks like something out of a psychology magazine.
FREE - good set, don't know what they do, but well captured all the same.
Thank you Bob. They are all headphone amplifiers with the little one that I chose starting at around £1600!

Free is a great set of shots Lee, agree with Gareth #3 and #4 are fantastic.
Thank you Dave. Most kind. Images 3 and 4 are a Woo Audio WA33. It's another headphone amplifier coming in at a cool £8000 :eek:

Lee, Snappers Choice is some photography ! The subject is great, the glow fantastic and my absolute favourite is number two, the reflection and dof superb !

Some very nice Hi Fi, I do like the last one with the valves in a row, very nice.

I know very little about this stuff, but I do like your photos. The first one actually looks quite nice with the selective colour.

The FREE week pictures are great, I like them all! The selective colour looks very well done, and subtle too. The hi fi stuff looks highly addictive, I'll keep away from it...

Lee, Snappers Choice is some photography ! The subject is great, the glow fantastic and my absolute favourite is number two, the reflection and dof superb !
Many thanks for your kind words Chris.

Closed, works very well, i like the concentrated focus on your hand.
Choice, I like that, the subtlety of the selective colour works really well here. A great set of pictures, I really like the last one though.
Thank you very much for your comments Michael.

Some very nice Hi Fi, I do like the last one with the valves in a row, very nice.
Thank you Allan. Much appreciated.

I know very little about this stuff, but I do like your photos. The first one actually looks quite nice with the selective colour.
Thank you Dominic.

The FREE week pictures are great, I like them all! The selective colour looks very well done, and subtle too. The hi fi stuff looks highly addictive, I'll keep away from it...
Thank you Mark. Yes, it is VERY addictive! My wife is way worse than me though. Her favourite set up of the day was getting on for £18,000 :eek:

As always, many thanks for taking the time to look in and comment. (y)

Lee, some great images captured over the last few weeks, particuarly like the Cat drinking, great concept and even better capture! Closed is an interesting one, great focus on the hand with the OOF background also!

Onto week 31 - Life...

I do like to push myself into thinking of something different for themes. However, I was completely stuck for Life. Luckily, my wife came to the rescue with 'lifeline'. Having not thought of the theme, I decided to go about it in a different way. The photo below hasn't seen a PC. It was captured, edited and uploaded all using my phone.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2gUC6TT]
Week 31 - Life (line) by Lee Francis, on Flickr[/URL]

Week 32 - Interior...

I got quite excited when I thought of the image to go with this weeks theme but due to my lack of knowledge in politics, I could be completely wrong!!
Winston Churchill the well known Prime Minister was appointed as Home Secretary in 1910. If I am correct, this would have made him Interior Minister. Well, I hope it does anyway!!
If not, well... :coat:

Week 32 - Interior (Minister). by Lee Francis, on Flickr

Thank you for looking in (y)

Last edited:
Not sure about the job title of Winston Churchill either but it’s a different take for the theme which is a good thing

Great shot of Churchill, really suits the mono treatment.

Loved the Interior image - very clever. And definitely does suit the mono treatment.

^^^^ Yep - shoehorntastic :)

Nice mono though.

Two good images there. If you say he was interior minister, then that's what he was.

Superb imagery Lee!:clap:

Life: Love the 'outside-the-box' thinking with this image, and the fact it's captured/processed entirely on a phone is impressive! Mono looks very good, nicely done indeed!
Interior: Fab work here - really top notch mono processing and the sky compliments it beautifully! I'm another who is happy to accept your definition of Winston Churchill's job title!(y)

I like your takes on LIFE and INTERIOR. Two cracking images, Lee.
Thank you Bob.

Not sure about the job title of Winston Churchill either but it’s a different take for the theme which is a good thing
Nor me Allan but I hope I am correct. I am flying a bit of a kite with it though!! Thank you for your comments.

Great shot of Churchill, really suits the mono treatment.
Thank you Rick.

Loved the Interior image - very clever. And definitely does suit the mono treatment.
Thank you for your kind comments Joan.

Interior Minister; I think you got the best shoehorn for this year's challenge. :)
Thanks Stan. One tries one's best :D

^^^^ Yep - shoehorntastic :)
Nice mono though.
Lol! Thanks Dave.

Two good shots Lee, loving the Churchill one.
Thank you Dave.

Two good images there. If you say he was interior minister, then that's what he was.
Thanks Dominic. Reading some of the comments I fear I may be skating on thin ice with Churchill's job... ;)

Superb imagery Lee!:clap:
Life: Love the 'outside-the-box' thinking with this image, and the fact it's captured/processed entirely on a phone is impressive! Mono looks very good, nicely done indeed!
Interior: Fab work here - really top notch mono processing and the sky compliments it beautifully! I'm another who is happy to accept your definition of Winston Churchill's job title!(y)

Thank you Gareth. You are too kind (y)

Thank you to all that took time to pop by and comment. (y)

Plastic has lovely simplicity, I think the mono version works best for me too.

Back