weekly Leebert's 52 for 2019 COMPLETE! Week 52 - Out take.

Mono plastic shot for me Lee, both good shots too.
Thank you Dave.

Plastic has lovely simplicity, I think the mono version works best for me too.
Thanks Jim - much appreciated.

Superb, simple image Lee!:clap:
Both are excellent - I like the slightly warmer feel of the colour version, but I think I prefer the mono - it's classic, crisp and it just works so well against the black background
Yuri Geller would be proud!!:LOL:
Thank you for your kind words Gareth. A simple plastic fork didn't really work for me so I used my powers of thought (and a lighter :LOL: ) to kind of add a bit of interest to the image.

Simple and to the point, mono version for me
Thank you Allan.

Plastic
Mono, mono, mono.
Very simple and effective.
Thanks Dominic. Definitely the mono one then ;) :)

Mono for me too. Very simple and very apt for the theme.
Thank you Stan.

Prefer the mono, nice and sharp, did Uri Geller help?
Thanks Clive. Uri wasn't available so I had to resort to the powers contained within a Clipper cigarette lighter :LOL:

Thank you all for taking the time to look in and comment :) (y)

Week 34 - Empty (mind).

This one was a real head scratcher. I came up with a idea of empty mind what I had in my head but didn't look right at all when I tried to capture it in a photograph. I ended up using a version of my first photo but just kept simple. I think trying to be clever in photo shop just wasn't working.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2h8fV9G]
Week 34 - Empty (mind). by Lee Francis, on Flickr[/URL]

Next up is week 35 - Building.
I had a bit of a result on this one :) This was taken around 12 hours ago at St Martha's on the hill near Guildford with the Milky way behind it. I was originally there to do a bit of astro-photography but the was too many lights around so I found a secluded spot near the church and took this...

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2h8dpCp]
Week 35 - Building by Lee Francis, on Flickr[/URL]

As always, your time and comments are much appreciated :)

Nice atmosphere in that one :)

Great work Lee!

Empty::LOL::clap: I came so close to doing something so similar....mine was an empty sheet of paper with 'IDEAS' written at the top!:LOL:
Yours is excellent and funny, and perfectly appropriate for the theme!
Building: Wow!! That is tremendous work Lee! I can't say enough good things about this....it's truly mesmerizing! Excellent work!:clap:

Hi Lee.

Blimey, I've not commented on your thread since April. How???? Anyway...
  • Building - Loving the milky way, perhaps even a shooting star and sufficient light to illuminate the building.
  • Empty - Self timer shot? Nicely symmetrical and the addition of the cup and phone on the right nicely breaks up the symmetry.
  • Plastic - Mono...
  • Interior - No idea if you're right about Winnie, but a good excuse to use that shot which is something most of us wouldn't have seen if you hadn't posted it :)
  • Life - Shows the quality you can get out of phones these days.
  • Free Week - The first of the tubes shots for me. Liking the use of DoF and that it's slightly brighter.
  • Closed - I remember seeing this during the weeks and was surprised I hadn't already commented. It does very much convey the theme. Excellent.
  • Wide - The plane shot for me. The heat haze / exhaust showing the throttle wide and the fact you've gone with just the rear indicating it was travelling at a fair lick.
  • Dirty - Is that a selfie? Great shot and yes, suggestive.
  • Drink - ooh, hadn't thought of something like that. Nice.
  • Full - Oh, I see, not what I thought at all. Clever, simple and effective.
  • Time - Lovely use of DoF and complimentary colours.
  • Squash(ed) - I couldn't remember 'smashed' being a theme ;) I bet you had fun doing that one.
  • Whole - I'm with Allan on the bible shot and your #1 mono edit is the one for me.
  • Fragile - Certainly on theme, but not feeling the love for this one, sorry.
  • Free Week (20) - It's so long ago I had to look up what week 20 was! not heard of Clandon before, looks an interesting place to visit with my newly bought NT membership.
  • Decay - Blimey, that did take quite a beating in the fire didn't it. Bang on for the theme and a good bit of documentary work there.
  • Crowd - Chuckle, like that. can't beat a bit of creative PS work.
  • Light - more phototrickery :) Great expression.
  • Hot - Is that a 7? The windscreen has hte look of one. If that's yours I hate you ;)
  • Liking the motion blur. Presumably the camera is firmly affixed to something on the side of the car.
  • Above - The second shot in your thread I think for me. Very nicely composited. (y)

Clever shot for empty haha!

Building is fabulous! A shot that's been on my list forever!

Lee, building what’s not to like. The combination of the night sky and the church work really well in my opinion.
Empty just made me chuckle !

Empty
Well your head wasn't empty when you thought of this idea, it's a cracking little shot.

Building
Looks great. I would like to try this sort of photography, but I don't really have a lens that's suitable at the moment, one day maybe.

Nice atmosphere in that one :)
Thanks Rick (y)

Great work Lee!

Empty::LOL::clap: I came so close to doing something so similar....mine was an empty sheet of paper with 'IDEAS' written at the top!:LOL:
Yours is excellent and funny, and perfectly appropriate for the theme!
Building: Wow!! That is tremendous work Lee! I can't say enough good things about this....it's truly mesmerizing! Excellent work!:clap:
Thank you very much Gareth. There is loads of good stuff up there on a clear night :)

Liking empty Lee, but for me the build one is a cracking image. Love the sky and like Gareth said it`s truly mesmerizing.
Thank you Dave.

Hi Lee.

Blimey, I've not commented on your thread since April. How???? Anyway...
  • Building - Loving the milky way, perhaps even a shooting star and sufficient light to illuminate the building.
  • Empty - Self timer shot? Nicely symmetrical and the addition of the cup and phone on the right nicely breaks up the symmetry.
  • Plastic - Mono...
  • Interior - No idea if you're right about Winnie, but a good excuse to use that shot which is something most of us wouldn't have seen if you hadn't posted it :)
  • Life - Shows the quality you can get out of phones these days.
  • Free Week - The first of the tubes shots for me. Liking the use of DoF and that it's slightly brighter.
  • Closed - I remember seeing this during the weeks and was surprised I hadn't already commented. It does very much convey the theme. Excellent.
  • Wide - The plane shot for me. The heat haze / exhaust showing the throttle wide and the fact you've gone with just the rear indicating it was travelling at a fair lick.
  • Dirty - Is that a selfie? Great shot and yes, suggestive.
  • Drink - ooh, hadn't thought of something like that. Nice.
  • Full - Oh, I see, not what I thought at all. Clever, simple and effective.
  • Time - Lovely use of DoF and complimentary colours.
  • Squash(ed) - I couldn't remember 'smashed' being a theme ;) I bet you had fun doing that one.
  • Whole - I'm with Allan on the bible shot and your #1 mono edit is the one for me.
  • Fragile - Certainly on theme, but not feeling the love for this one, sorry.
  • Free Week (20) - It's so long ago I had to look up what week 20 was! not heard of Clandon before, looks an interesting place to visit with my newly bought NT membership.
  • Decay - Blimey, that did take quite a beating in the fire didn't it. Bang on for the theme and a good bit of documentary work there.
  • Crowd - Chuckle, like that. can't beat a bit of creative PS work.
  • Light - more phototrickery :) Great expression.
  • Hot - Is that a 7? The windscreen has hte look of one. If that's yours I hate you ;)
  • Liking the motion blur. Presumably the camera is firmly affixed to something on the side of the car.
  • Above - The second shot in your thread I think for me. Very nicely composited. (y)
Incredible mega catch up Tim. Thank you!
Empty was with a remote under my leg and a 3 second exposure delay;
Dirty may or may not be a selfie - I'll let you decide ;)
Hot was taken in a Seven. Yes, it is mine, well, was - I sold it in early August :( The camera was clamped such that it was just above where the "door" would be.

Like your idea for Empty and the props add interests to the shot. My thoughts to really emphasis the theme would be an empty mug, black screen phone and just Chapter 1 on the computer.

That's an excellent shot for building and something I have yet to try.
Thank you Stan.

Clever shot for empty haha!

Building is fabulous! A shot that's been on my list forever!
Thanks Dave. Find a dark location and take your camera & tripod :)

Lee, building what’s not to like. The combination of the night sky and the church work really well in my opinion.
Empty just made me chuckle !
Thanks Chris.

Empty
Well your head wasn't empty when you thought of this idea, it's a cracking little shot.

Building
Looks great. I would like to try this sort of photography, but I don't really have a lens that's suitable at the moment, one day maybe.
Thanks Dominic. Any lens is suitable. Just go with the widest and fastest that you have (y)

Thanks as always for looking in and commenting. If anyone is interested, details of dark sky sites are HERE.

Very clever

Great idea for EMPTY.
I always wonder how people do these shots... prefocus with 10 second timer and then a quick dash to get into position? Or an accomplice?

Hehehe, very good. You were certainly focused on the theme ;)
I wonder if I'm going to need to start measuring photos checking for the technique :LOL:
Thanks Tim. I'm pretty sure I'm good for the technique although I'm just off to find a ruler to make sure :exit:

Very fitting for the theme.
Thank you Stan.

Great idea for EMPTY.
I always wonder how people do these shots... prefocus with 10 second timer and then a quick dash to get into position? Or an accomplice?
And SOFT is neat, too.
Thanks Bob. It was pre-focused and I had a remote button under my leg and the camera was set for a 3 second exposure delay.

Soft
I like it, very simple and it definitely fits with the theme.
Thank you Dominic.

Great bit of fun for the Soft entry. Love the building shot. Very atmospheric! And your empty headed one was really clever as well.

Wow! Blink and I'm 3 weeks behind :eek:

Week 37 - Old.
This is the platform way out sign on the Piccadilly Line platform at Gloucester Road Station. The cut and cover District & Circle line parts of the station were opened in 1868 but it wasn't until 1906 that the deep tube parts of the station were added including the tiled signs. Some of the tiled signs were restored during a station refurbishment that took place during the early 2000s.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2hn1rXg][URL='https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/[url=https%3A//flic.kr/p/2hn1rXg][img]https%3A//live.staticflickr.com/65535/48808134553_c3fe681232_c.jpg[/img]Is%20it?[/url]%20by%20[url=https%3A//www.flickr.com/photos/38620631@N02/]Lee%20Francis[/url],%20on%20Flickr']]
Is it? by Lee Francis, on Flickr[/URL][/URL]

I love how they've restored the signage that looks like ticket office windows, whilst removing the ticket offices themselves.
As Stan says, it could do with some straightening, but nice image nonetheless.

Really like this image Lee...the simple composition works very well, and it's nice to see some authentic Victorian tile work still looking clean and well maintained.
Nice work Lee!(y)
Thank you Gareth. It is one of the cleaner parts of the Underground!

That a classic Victorian design from a bygone age. Could do with a tiny bite of level and straighten.
Thanks Stan. Well spotted on the straighten. It's surprising what I miss sometimes!

I love how they've restored the signage that looks like ticket office windows, whilst removing the ticket offices themselves.
As Stan says, it could do with some straightening, but nice image nonetheless.
Thank you Tim.

Old
I like it, it's a good crop.
Cheers Dominic.

Thank you for taking the time to drop by an comment. Apologies I haven't been about much of late.

Week 39 - Dull.

This one had me stumped. I couldn't think of anything that was a bit out of the box. In the end, I gave in and went with a dull view through a window which I then desaturated slightly and reduced the contrast to give it a really dull look!

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2hv1kPF]
Week 39 - Dull. by Lee Francis, on Flickr[/URL]

Thanks for looking in :)

That's a nice relaxed & natural shot, it looks as though it sums up the mood well. It suits b&w.

Back