weekly Leebert's 52 for 2019 COMPLETE! Week 52 - Out take.

The first entry is brilliant. What a clever take and superbly executed.

The snowflakes are mesmerising - great details

Some great takes on COLD there lol. The cold shoulder got a genuine LOL.

Very clever, I'm glad you went with the one you did. It made me chuckle as well as being well taken.
The first entry is brilliant. What a clever take and superbly executed.

The snowflakes are mesmerising - great details
Some great takes on COLD there lol. The cold shoulder got a genuine LOL.

Thank you. It was good fun to do but I don't recommend standing in snow in bare feet and I definitely don't recommend popping snow on your shoulder as melts immediately and the ice cold water gets everywhere :LOL:

Clever take on the theme and as Dave said well done for avoiding any light on the phone and watch face

Waiting
Good lead-in line with the arm. But who is calling? ;)

Very inventive Lee.

Love the concept, super sharp details on the watch, and I like how the phone background colour is deep black.
As Dave said, you've cleverly avoided reflections the surface of the phone....well lit!
Great composition and the wood grain texture is very nice.
Well put together image!(y)

Good take on the theme Lee, even though the watch is a minute slower :D Like how all the colours go together and good that no highlights on the watch glass.
Ha ha! Well spotted that man and thank you.

Clever take on the theme and as Dave said well done for avoiding any light on the phone and watch face
Thank you for commenting.

Waiting
Good lead-in line with the arm. But who is calling? ;)
Thanks and no one did :(

Very inventive Lee.

Love the concept, super sharp details on the watch, and I like how the phone background colour is deep black.
As Dave said, you've cleverly avoided reflections the surface of the phone....well lit!
Great composition and the wood grain texture is very nice.
Well put together image!(y)
Thank you (y)

Good image, and a novel take on the theme!

It's been said already, but well lit, getting the shot light enough without any blown highlights on the areas of glass
Thanks for commenting.

Thanks all for taking the time to comment. The shot was lit with natural light through the window (on the left) with a strategically placed diffuser to even out the light across the shot and reduce the highlights.

I would have liked the second hand on the watch to be clearer but it didn't really show up too well. I tried a longer exposure but the maximum time I could keep my arm totally still was about 5 seconds!

Very good Lee - nice concept and well staged/composed mate

All been said already. Good thinking for the theme.

I wasn't sure what to do with Rough when the theme came out. I had all sorts of ideas about rough seas but had no idea how I was going to get to the coast. Then, whilst working in the garage, I had a bit of a brainwave and I took quite a few shots in about an hour this afternoon. I have chosen the first one as I really like the textures the mono seems to bring out.

Thanks for looking (y)

PS... Bonus points if you can guess what they are ;)

[url=https://flic.kr/p/R2VhDV]
Week 7 - Rough by Lee Francis, on Flickr[/URL]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2dpwQRK]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/R2VhYc]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2dpwR6H]

They are all really good, i'd have trouble choosing between them to be honest. Great stuff.

Somebody had some fun with their macro lens :D Four great images, but I think the fourth one is my favourite as the bristles are all twisted around each other and then fade into the background.

Brilliant macro work Lee!
Fantastic details in all images, and the colour/B&W processing is top notch!
My guesses:

1 - the checkering on a rifle butt stock.
2 - a cinder block/breeze block
3 - looks like a really close up shot of a wood rasp....at first I thought it might have been the exit holes of air gun pellets on the reverse of a pellet stop, but I don't think it is now.
(Of course I might be biased with 1 and 3....knowing our respective proclivities in regards to air guns!!):giggle:
4 - has to be a bristle doormat.

They're all superb macro shots, I think you could have chosen any of them to post as a main image....I don't think I can pick a favourite!
Truly amazing work!(y)

They are all really good, i'd have trouble choosing between them to be honest. Great stuff.
All fit the rough theme Lee, liking the first shot the most.
Somebody had some fun with their macro lens :D Four great images, but I think the fourth one is my favourite as the bristles are all twisted around each other and then fade into the background.

Thank you for dropping by and commenting (y)

They all very good, Lee, and on theme, prefer #2 out of the 4. As for what are they? #1 looks like some kind of a doormat, is #2 stone or breathe blocks or building material? No idea about #3 and #4 is a brush??
A doormat, a dry sponge, a file and a brush. :rolleyes: Great macro shots showing different versions of rough.
Brilliant macro work Lee!
Fantastic details in all images, and the colour/B&W processing is top notch!
My guesses:

1 - the checkering on a rifle butt stock.
2 - a cinder block/breeze block
3 - looks like a really close up shot of a wood rasp....at first I thought it might have been the exit holes of air gun pellets on the reverse of a pellet stop, but I don't think it is now.
(Of course I might be biased with 1 and 3....knowing our respective proclivities in regards to air guns!!):giggle:
4 - has to be a bristle doormat.

They're all superb macro shots, I think you could have chosen any of them to post as a main image....I don't think I can pick a favourite!
Truly amazing work!(y)

Thanks all. Your comments are much appreciated. All good answers - you're all too good at this :clap:
The objects are:
1. Small metal file;
2. Breeze block;
3. Wood rasp;
4. Coir door mat.

They were all taken with a 90mm lens and ancient eBay special manual 55mm f2 Super Takumar manual lens attached using a reversing ring (also eBay). It provides amazing magnification and the quality isn't too bad as long as I crop the edges and it was a very cheap way to get into macro photography (approx £35 for the lens and reversing ring if I remember correctly).

I wouldn't of guessed that 2 was a breeze block! Some really good images there Lee.

What a great selection, Lee! Lots of different textures, colours and details and any of them would be a fine pick for the theme. I guessed the breeze block and door mat but had no idea about the others; the wood rasp is particularly effective in close-up and it's a toss up between that and the mat for my favourite :clap:

Wow you have been busy this week. Four great images spent ages flicking through to see ig I could think what they all were. Failed miserably on all accounts. For me 2 & 3 are the standout images.

I really like the waiting for a call and the watch in the pic really makes it work well.

As for the rough I think the macro shots are brilliant and really like them:)

Great stuff Lee. Why enter one when you can enter 4 eh :)

I love that last one. It's a weird looking image and I love how certain parts are in focus. It's like some sort of scientific funghi growing experiment

Back