weekly Leebert's 52 for 2020. Week 23 - Hidden.

Plain and simple Lee works nicely

Yep - that's a goodun!

Broken - Nice bright image good take on the theme.

Book - Nice composition and mono conversion.

Transport - 2 type in one love the sky.

Fence - Good composition love the texture in the wood

Great illustration of how a good shot can make the most mundane items look interesting. The grain looks good in b&w and nice pov.

Excellent composition, like the mono conversion.

Nice one, great B&W processing, but imho it could do with a bit more DoF :)

Nice angle Lee. Yes feeling very fenced in. Still its only 12 weeks I hope
Thank you Clive. You're absolutely correct. It just seems like a lifetime!

Like the fence shot - b&w works nicely. You have captured the current mood nicely.
Thank you.

Plain and simple Lee works nicely
Thank you Chris.

Yep - that's a goodun!
Cheers Dave.

Broken - Nice bright image good take on the theme.
Book - Nice composition and mono conversion.
Transport - 2 type in one love the sky.
Fence - Good composition love the texture in the wood
Thanks Mark.

Fence - nice composition and definitely a feeling a fenced in.
Thank you Phil. I guess we all are!

Fence is nicely on theme Lee, think they all look good in B&W.
Thanks Dave.

Good composition and works well in B&W. Nice use of lines.
Thank you Tim.

Great illustration of how a good shot can make the most mundane items look interesting. The grain looks good in b&w and nice pov.
Thank you Helen. Most kind of you to say.

Nicely done. Beautifully composed shot.
Thank you very much Bob.

Nice close up of the fence and good use of DoF
Thanks Allan.

Excellent composition, like the mono conversion.
Cheers Roger.

Nice shapes, dof and b&w
Thank you Dominic.

Nice one, great B&W processing, but imho it could do with a bit more DoF :)
Thank you Bernd. Now I look at it again I think you are spot on. Not much more though...

Thank you all for taking the time to pop in and comment.

I think you'll get away with it, especially as the chosen depth of field gives a hint of the garden in the background. Nicely positioned in the frame.
I wouldn't want to say that title quickly after a few drinks :)

I'm not nearly as good at catching up on comments as you I'm afraid - my commenting is always a bit random... but for Fence...
I like the black and white treatment, the depth of field and the leading lines. Nicely done.

Not a shoehorn at all, flower is flower no matter what material they are made off. I like the composition, the DoF and the green background!

I think you'll get away with it, especially as the chosen depth of field gives a hint of the garden in the background. Nicely positioned in the frame.
I wouldn't want to say that title quickly after a few drinks :)

I'm not nearly as good at catching up on comments as you I'm afraid - my commenting is always a bit random... but for Fence...
I like the black and white treatment, the depth of field and the leading lines. Nicely done.
Thank you very much.

I wouldn't want to fall on that in the garden! Ouch.
Works well lee, nice and sharp, and it's not a shoe-horn in my book :)
Thank you Tim.

Works well Lee. Nicely executed and on theme.
Thanks Clive.

Doesn't look like a shoehorn to me! The narrow DoF and the garden behind the sculpture still say flora to me!
Thank you.

Good take on the theme Lee and a nice garden shot with the shallow DoF.
Thank you Pete.

Flora in art form. Nice dof and a nice sculpture.
Thanks Helen.

Not a shoehorn at all, flower is flower no matter what material they are made off. I like the composition, the DoF and the green background!
Many thanks Bernd.

Works for my I like the DoF nicely composed too.
Cheers Mark.

Nice bit of art work
Thank you Allan.

Thank you all for popping by and commenting. It is much appreciated (y)

Week 14 - Time(r).

I really didn't know what to do for week 14. I have found things difficult of late like many people and can't quite get my photographic mojo to come out. My initial thought was to use a 10 stop filter and capture a long exposure of clouds moving across the sky indicating the passage of time but I haven't had the right kind of sky of late. I decided to pack away my camera gear when I had an idea to set my camera intervalometer off and have it take a photo of itself while I held the camera.

Is it a Intervalometer self portrait? Discuss... :)

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2iRi65h]
Week 14 - Time(r). by Lee Francis, on Flickr[/URL]

I decided to pack away my camera gear when I had an idea to set my camera intervalometer off and have it take a photo of itself while I held the camera.
Oh dear :D

Nice shoe horn though Lee :)

Works for the theme without a doubt.
Is it a self portrait, personally I think it is as ultimately it caused the shutter to open and close thus producing the image. Now comes the crunch, are you claiming it is your image? I seem to remember something with a monkey and image rights...

I think you've worked that into the theme really well Lee. It's quite hard at the moment to come up with new ideas.

Oh dear :D

Nice shoe horn though Lee :)
What can I say but I have learnt from a Master... ;)

Works for the theme without a doubt.
Is it a self portrait, personally I think it is as ultimately it caused the shutter to open and close thus producing the image. Now comes the crunch, are you claiming it is your image? I seem to remember something with a monkey and image rights...
I thought that might come up Clive. I have no idea what to think! :)

A different take on the theme I like it. I like the vertical letter box format.
Thank you Mark.

I'm with @CliveH on this, copyright for the image lies with the intervalometer (or possibly with Naruto). ;)
Certainly fits the theme and wile it may be a bit of a PABD, it keeps you in the game which can only be a good thing :)
Spot on Tim ;)

I think you've worked that into the theme really well Lee. It's quite hard at the moment to come up with new ideas.
Thank you Pete.

I'm missing Snapper's Choice to 'give myself a week off' / catch up...

So, on to week 16 - Initial.
I'm bending the rules a bit here. My Wife has some beautiful monogrammed cotton writing paper from the same paper mill that makes or made the US Dollar bill (Cranes Crest). It's really stunning paper to handle and look at if that makes sense.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2iS4jPf]
Week 16 - Initial. by Lee Francis, on Flickr[/URL]

Loving the intervalometer self portrait. Definitely on theme! The close up of the monogrammed paper is also rather lovely - my other analogue bad habit is fountain pens and that's making me itch to dig out one of my flex nibs...

Back